• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

Alfredo

I seriously want them to sell a fully functional "conveniently shaped lamp." I would buy it, lol.

I'll probably order the poster.

DNAbro

Does FanGamer charge for orders on ship? Want to pre-order but don't want to spend the money right now.

They charge when you order if i remember correctly.

love the pin that comes with Mercy shirt
product_UT_characters_bonus_1024x1024.jpg

Ruff

If I buy that Delta Rune shirt i just KNOW that someone is going to comment on my "Zelda shield shirt" at some point. :x

Kangi

Yahtzee liked EarthBound and likes particularly good character writing, so I expected him to like Undertale. Enjoyed his analysis.

LiamExe

Did you guys see the option for the super secret special discount in the Determination Combo page for the shirts and stuff? Look near the bottom right of the page.

I'd be a bit worried about what might arrive if I ordered with that discount, haha.

Thud

Did you guys see the option for the super secret special discount in the Determination Combo page for the shirts and stuff? Look near the bottom right of the page.

I'd be a bit worried about what might arrive if I ordered with that discount, haha.

Try reloading and go for no.

I had to chuckle.

PSqueak

Banned

Oh god, what happens when you click "no". I chuckled.

My prediction for the price?

(Souless True Pacifist Spoilers)

I'm guessing the stickers will come crossed out with red ink, or if Toby is really REALLY evil, every face will.

Thud

Oh god, what happens when you click "no". I chuckled.

My prediction for the price?

(Souless True Pacifist Spoilers)

I'm guessing the stickers will come crossed out with red ink, or if Toby is really REALLY evil, every face will.

Everything is annoying dog

PK Gaming

So Yahtzee reviewed Rock Band 4 and threw this in the credits blurb;

O8PPqfZ.png

Also, while he has explained that he won't be running a review of the game, he did write about it in his Extra Punctuation column and provided some analysis on it. Note that it has spoilers in it if you haven't beat the game.

Pretty sweet article.

I was expecting a snarky comment, but he absolutely loved it. It seems that everyone loves Undertale.

This fills me with determination.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to beat Moffet with the Steam Controller. I def need a dpad for her.
Okay, I got lucky because I bought something earlier and I changed the left pad to activate on touch, which isn't complete ideal but worked.

I have to have the Mercy shirt. Although the discount intrigues me...

I wonder if people who buy it with the discount get "friendliness pellets". Reminded me of this.

I really want to get everything since I like the game so much, but I think I may just get the Mercy shirt, the poster, and the Toriel plushy. Not sure about stickers or the crest shirt. The stickers seem like they might be cool to use as laptop decorations maybe, but I'd probably just use one. And I might feel bad not just letting them stick together, lol.

I hope they have a good mockup of Toriel sometime soon!

PK Gaming

"Hey, buddy, I think they got the message, no need to repeat ourselves, huh?"

I'm just messing. Funny coincidence that you ran into it independently and posted it so close. I wish the video didn't have a spellinng error though. *Noooo*

Oh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

Crazy coincidence

I think I just saw your post then forgot. lol.

El Odio

Banned
Spoilers for the Core:
Mettaton was a very interesting enemy throughout hotland to say the least and I legitimately did not see either of those twists coming (Regarding Alphy's deception and his surprise idol form). I was worried about shooting his heart during those times he exposed it but it didn't seem to actually go any damage and his battery's gave out so that means I'm still good for a pure pacifist run right?

jonjonaug

Spoilers for the Core:
Mettaton was a very interesting enemy throughout hotland to say the least and I legitimately did not see either of those twists coming (Regarding Alphy's deception and his surprise idol form). I was worried about shooting his heart during those times he exposed it but it didn't seem to actually go any damage and his battery's gave out so that means I'm still good for a pure pacifist run right?

Yeah, that's how the fight is supposed to go down on a pacifist playthrough.

Oh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

Crazy coincidence

I think I just saw your post then forgot. lol.

No problem, just thought it was worth making note of, because I was like "whaaaaat".

Big fat ending spoilers below:

Just beat the game.
Pacifist ending first time through.

I feel a little bad I knew too much to not gain a little EXP when I started, because I had already read enough non spoiler impressions to get the morality system. Unfortunately, I had also run into some things on the net referencing "Frisk" though I thought Frisk was more likely to be the first kid than my named character, that was weird. I named him/her Sam because it could either be Samantha or Samuel, I leaned on the interpretation that the kid was a girl, even though I'm a guy I sort of saw them as daughter/alter-ego like.

I don't get why the kid was apparently so hateful towards people. I guess, after reading up on the Genocide endings and what not, it seems like the kid's true "screwed-up-ness" is left to the player's decisions, but even when the player is completely merciful, they apparently still killed themselves or something??? Why Samantha!? @o@

So I guess it is a surprise that the mistaken identity thing happened in such a way that Frisk is apparently just similar enough to Sam to be mistaken for them by the disturbed Asriel, but did anyone else comment on the similarity? But why if Sam was apparently so sadistic did they take her/him in???

Mostly I wish both Sam and Frisk were good, why did Sam's illness have to be part of some crazy suicide xanatos gambit and not just the tragic turn of events it seemed to be? It makes things more interesting, but why Sam, WHY!?

Very cool game, main problem at the end was end bosses were all easier than Mettaton/Muffet pretty much after I figured them out (although Asgore was so counterintuitive that I had to look it up after 9 tries, already spending a ton of time on Sans' red herring and making sure to use the pie I figured I should save). Flowey was the most intense, Asgore was most like the more normal boss fights in the game, and Asriel was really epic but definitely too easy, I was really hyped for a challenge, and didn't want to fight him without making sure I had enough time beforehand, so I waited a week until today (yesterday, technically since it is 1:21am for me) to fight him.

Just wish the fights ramped up the difficulty, maybe I just got too good at the dodge system?

Another problem I guess is that it took so long to go back everywhere to talk to everyone, but that was my own choice, so w/e. Just wish it was a little snappier since it seemed I spent the majority of my playtime today (finishing up from the start of the Asriel fight until the end) walking around and hearing the same (good, but same) music for at least a straight hour. Overall I think I played at least 3 hours, maybe 3 and a half, and since I didn't want to miss anything, I wanted to talks to everyone. But I think it hurt the pacing some.

Still, probably GOTY for sure. GOAT, well its hard to tell but its up there. It's got a few "GOATS" regardless. ]: )

Spoilers again, seriously.
BUT WHY SAMANTHA, WHY OH WHY!?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I have this game in my Steam wallet. Gift it to a friend or play it myself? Is it really that good?

63 pages in a month for an indie game that looks like Pokemon, and you have to ask?
Go play it. Now.

Top Bottom