• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Turin

Banned
White Walkers have been taken down more than they've killed people on screen so far. They've done a bad job at making them an intimidating presence. They should be like Agents in the first Matrix movie.

Still, Jon's basically at his Luke-Return of the Jedi stage as a warrior. He should be able to beat one but be exhausted afterwards. Like so

tumblr_nq44hipq0S1u7327ko5_500.gif

Tuck

Or is the night king a greenseer and waited for dany?

Again, this is entirely head canon. Its a justification made up by fans to make sense of a nonsenical scene.

Nothing they showed gave us reason to believe the Night King was laying a trap for Dany. If they had wanted to go that route, they had to actually show or hint at it.

White Walkers would get murked if they fought 1v1 against warrirors with weapons that could kill them.

That's the point, they shouldn't. In the books and at the beginning of the TV show, they are at the very least like LotR elves -- superhumanly fast, agile, strong, skilled. As they should be, being thousands of years old. They aren't (or shouldn't be) just average swordsmen who happen to be invulnerable to regular steel.

Cvie

That's the point, they shouldn't. In the books and at the beginning of the TV show, they are at the very least like LotR elves -- superhumanly fast, agile, strong, skilled. As they should be, being thousands of years old. They aren't (or shouldn't be) just average swordsmen who happen to be invulnerable to regular steel.

I dont think that Royce boy even comes close to hitting the one he fights in the prologue right?

Sanctuary

I mean, fire automatically sends Wights up into a blaze, so he'd have one good breath of fire in him before he explodes and crumbles.

It automatically sends anything up into a blaze. Aside from presumably other dragons and maybe Daenerys, which it would most likely just annoy (although we haven't seen any of them blowtorch the other in the face yet). I doubt the dragon is going to automatically start breathing frost too like some are (probably joking) saying.

Besides, that's the domain of a white dragon, not an undead (dracolich), which breathes whatever it breathed while it was still living.

latest

Wait a second.

It is not 8 fucking episodes this season?

O

M

G

I'm pretty sure though that when they first announced the last two seasons being shorter, this season was initially said to have been eight. It came as a surprise when I found out it was only seven. They also claimed that "every" episode of this season would be longer than average, but that hasn't been the case. At least one was shorter and a few have been about the same. Next week is supposed to be 81 minutes, but I don't know if that's counting the intro and shit.

White Walkers have been taken down more than they've killed people on screen so far. They've done a bad job at making them an intimidating presence. They should be like Agents in the first Matrix movie.

Still, Jon's basically at his Luke-Return of the Jedi stage as a warrior. He should be able to beat one but be exhausted afterwards. Like so

We all know Jon gonna jump off his dragon and do a landing kill on the night king. It's the most fanfic-y thing I can think of.

Faddy

Banned

But how did bumbling craven Samwell Tarly kill one then?

he was stumbling forward, falling more than running, really, closing his eyes and shoving the dagger blindly out before him with both hands.

Oh. Superhuman enemies indeed.

dabig2

Westeros is barely ready for a regular dragon, much less an undead one.

Undead dragons and undead giants are going to ruin a lot of people's days. All I know is that the undead dragon better have invulnerability against dragonglass due to his strong hide and the brittle nature of dragonglass. Will assuage concerns that dragonglass arrows will end the threat immediately. Valyrian steel sword or getting burned to death by Drogon are the only options (or dosing it in wildfire would be entertaining). And it better be its own kill, none of that it'll fall dead when they gank the NK cheap shit.

Anyone feel like the show is not doing a poor work trying to set up the white walkers as a legitimate threat? Even Cersei seems more threatening that the white walkers. Also Jon snow taking down two general like nothing kind makes the white walkers not so threatening.

No.

I think the a situation difference. The horror of initially meeting them, being an unskilled warrior, and having no weapon that harms them definitely makes them horrifying and powerful.

Jon has faced them enough times to know what's coming. He knows his weapon can end them and he's incredibly skilled.

I think it's reasonable based on these circumstances.

jett

D-Member
We all know Jon gonna jump off his dragon and do a landing kill on the night king. It's the most fanfic-y thing I can think of.

What if Dany dies in another future incursion into the North, and Jon Snuh is forced to kill ZombDany, stabbing her right through the heart, BAM, instant Lightbringer.

Well they were intimidating before. In Hardhome Jon gets the shit beat out of him and his victory feels quite earned and tough.

Seeing the WW in this last episode get ambushed and killed so easily definitely made them seem less ominous. I feel like they should freaking Terminators

TTG

Someone define "fanfic" as a pejorative that's been thrown around recently because if it's anything that the viewer would find satisfying, that's a weak putdown.

btrboyev

That Bran = Night King theory stuff just popped up on my Twitter notifications from Twitter themselves. People jumping on this train?

Meh. Makes no sense at all. He's the 3 eyed raven. That should be enough. He will play a part in ending the war. That may be entering the night king by warring or some other process, but he isn't the night king. The show has already shown his origin.

That Bran = Night King theory stuff just popped up on my Twitter notifications from Twitter themselves. People jumping on this train?

It wouldnt be surprising.

I mean, the Night King was able to touch and brand Bran when Bran was astral projecting. The Night King either has omnipresence, being able to view different planes of existence, or theyre connected, which would give the Night King some form of farsight, thus being able to anticipate Jon and his party including the Dragons.

Turin

Banned
Well they were intimidating before. In Hardhome Jon gets the shit beat out of him and his victory feels quite earned and tough.

Seeing the WW in this last episode get ambushed and killed so easily definitely made them seem less ominous. I feel like they should freaking Terminators

Hardhome did a great job reintroducing the threat(and a lot of other things) but fast forward to S6 and Meera is taking out some doofus WW because why not.

jett

D-Member
I don't get it. :(

I mean, I saw the comparison to Jon's Jedi swipe, but it doesn't resemble ballet at all to me and actually looks pretty realistic in terms of momentum. If someone should be compared to a ballerina, it's this wolf:

The ballerina is an optical illusion, sometimes it looks like she's moving clockwise, sometimes counter-clockwise. The Jon gif is kinda similar.

Sanctuary

The ballerina is an optical illusion, sometimes it looks like she's moving clockwise, sometimes counter-clockwise. The Jon gif is kinda similar.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Usually I don't have a problem with these kinds of illusions and can see them both ways. With the ballerina though, I can only see clockwise and with Jon counterclockwise.

edit: Haha, nvm. I can now see Jon both ways. Now with the ballerina too as long as I first close my eyes and think she's spinning the other way first.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Jon and Dany will jump off the dragon together for the finishing blow.

Are people honestly doubting that the dragon is going to breath ice?

Guys this isn't George anymore... everything this season has been super predictable.

That doesn't mean it hasn't been entertaining... just I expected more out of the final season thus far.

They should at least wear better armor.

Charade

There was a letter than GRRM wrote to the UK publisher before he even finished the first book where he outlined the series. This was still when he planned it to be just 3 books. It had Arya falling for Jon, and Tyrion falling for Arya (but unrequited). And then a rivalry between Jon and Tyrion formed because of Arya.

Sanctuary

Are people honestly doubting that the dragon is going to breath ice?

Guys this isn't George anymore... everything this season has been super predictable.

That doesn't mean it hasn't been entertaining... just I expected more out of the final season thus far.

It shouldn't, but probably will.

danm999

But how did bumbling craven Samwell Tarly kill one then?

Oh. Superhuman enemies indeed.

It's disarmed when Sam kills it. Even a superhuman being is going to struggle in that circumstance, especially when the Dragonglass means Sam only has to make contact.

Brakke

Banned
Besides, that's the domain of a white dragon, not an undead (dracolich), which breathes whatever it breathed while it was still living.

Who is going to be the one to break Sanctuary's heart and explain to him dragons aren't real and there's no such thing as a "dracolich"?

Top Bottom