• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Past is past. Looking forward, I have a feeling that loss might help us in this tourney. The whole team played pretty awful with a few exceptions, first loss in group stages, could be just the kinda shit we needed to get us up and motivated(should already be motivated but still). Got a feeling either Donovan or Swag will have a good game.

Heretic

sazabirules said:
He did a poor job but like a page back I still blame Altidore and Bocanegra more for letting the guy go into the box unmarked.
Why Altidore? he shouldn't even be near our goalie box...

Ream got beat but I feel Howard had that. Kick that leg out, dammit!

Man, Donovan was nowhere to be found till the last 5 - 10 minutes of the game. I don't think Bradley and Dempsey compliment him well. Or at least it didn't look that way.

xbhaskarx

Heretic said:
Why Altidore? he shouldn't even be near our goalie box...

Watch the replay, you'll see Bocanegra and Altidore are the two closest to the guy who heads it. Before the free kick you'll see Bocanegra point the guy out to Altidore, who stands right next to him.

Heretic said:
Thanks. So we can get Mexico in the first round... dammit! I want that as my final!

Only if we tie Guadeloupe, and if that's the case we don't deserve any better.

Slizz

Dempsey should be playing up front more. He is clearly our best offensive player and getting the ball so deep and then trying to fire is difficult to score. Have someone feed him closer.

Heretic

xbhaskarx said:
Watch the replay, you'll see Bocanegra and Altidore are the two closest to the guy who heads it. Before the free kick you'll see Bocanegra point the guy out to Altidore, who stands right next to him.
I see. My main point was that Altidore shouldn't have even been there in the first place. I want to see Gooch out there. His presence alone I feel helps the team in confidence just like having Donovan out there too.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Heretic said:
I see. My main point was that Altidore shouldn't have even been there in the first place. I want to see Gooch out there. His presence alone I feel helps the team in confidence just like having Donovan out there too.

He had to be there because we defended a free kick seconds before.

Slizz said:
Dempsey should be playing up front more. He is clearly our best offensive player and getting the ball so deep and then trying to fire is difficult to score. Have someone feed him closer.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts with Dempsey up top. He had the most chances last match even before moving up top.

What channels has everyone been watching the matches on? I've been watching on the Spanish channels since I don't get FSC. Pablo Ramirez never gets old listening to as the commentator.

Heretic

I'd like to see Agudelo and Dempsey up front. They're our most skilled ball movers. I can't see Altidore beating guys one on one or two on one. That's what we're missing. Ugh... it pisses me off that we don't have a single player that can "Joga Bonito"... stupid brazilians and their skilled players...

I've been watching on Univision or Telefutura. I have both in HD so i'll put up with the horrible comentating.

Slizz

sazabirules said:
What channels has everyone been watching the matches on? I've been watching on the Spanish channels since I don't get FSC. Pablo Ramirez never gets old listening to as the commentator.

Same thing I do. It really is enjoyable when each half starts, each goal scored and potential penalties lol.

Heretic

sazabirules said:
I love all the near misses.

SEEEE LAAAA PERRDDDIOOOOOO
Maybe it was cause the US was losing but I couldn't stand them last game. Jesus Bracamontez and Pablo Ramirez were my nemesis. I had my goggles on and any little credit they would give to Panama boiled my fucking blood. I wanted to kill them everytime they mentione Beloy or whatever his name was. I still prefer Andres Cantor.

Slizz

sazabirules said:
Canada winning. I forget what the score of their game needs to be for the US to get first.

We have 3 GF 2 GA, +1 GD with 1-1-0

Canada is 1 GF 2 GA, -1 GD with 1-1-0

Panama is 5 GF 3 GA, +2 GD, 2-0-0

sazabirules said:

I've been watching them on CONCACAF TV online. Pretty good quality stream. Official, too.

DominoKid

i've been watching the Univision stream. IDK wtf they're saying but it sounds more entertaining than the English commentary.

i remember the last Gold Cup all you'd hear was VelaVelaVelaVelaVelaVelaVelaVELAVELLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAVela

Clydefrog

I just started playing Assassin's Creed II and I thought the main character's name was Ezio Altidore (it's Auditore, not Altidore). But I'm definitely going to start calling Jozy Ezio now!

and yell fake italian obscenities when he screws up

and go "mama mia! bravisimo!!! MEATSABALLSA" when he scores goals

xbhaskarx

talisayNon said:
op you need to update the op with an up to date schedule
I could do that, but I'm not sure it would really be worth the effort. How many people bother to read the OP? I'd guess not many....

Slizz

Lol I think its only a small group of members that continue to post here anyways, so everyone is always up to date.

Heretic

xbhaskarx said:
I could do that, but I'm not sure it would really be worth the effort. How many people bother to read the OP? I'd guess not many....
True haha. Now if someone could post the different possible schedule outcomes after today's results

Clydefrog

IF PANAMA BEATS CANADA ...
•and the U.S. wins, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica.
•and the U.S. ties, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica.
•and the U.S. loses by one goal, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica.
•and the U.S. loses by two or three goals, the U.S. finishes in third place and is eliminated.
•and the U.S. loses by four or more goals, the U.S. finishes in fourth place and is eliminated.

IF PANAMA AND CANADA TIE ..
•and the U.S. ties, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica. (tiebreaker: head to head vs Canada)
•and the U.S. loses, the U.S. will finish in fourth place. (tiebreaker: head to head vs Guadeloupe)

IF CANADA BEATS PANAMA ...
•by one or two goals and the U.S. wins, the U.S. wins the group and faces Guatemala.
•3-0 and the U.S. wins by one or more scoring at least 2, the U.S. will advance to face Guatemala.
•3-0 and the U.S. wins 1-0, there will be a drawing of lots to determine first or second place.
•by three goals, scoring four or more, and the U.S. wins, the U.S. will advance to face Jamaica
•by four goals and the U.S. wins, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica
•and the U.S. ties, the U.S. will advance and face Mexico.
•and the U.S. loses, the U.S. will finish in fourth place and is eliminated.

DominoKid

Clydefrog said:
IF PANAMA BEATS CANADA ...
•and the U.S. ties, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica.
•and the U.S. loses by one goal, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica.
•and the U.S. loses by two or three goals, the U.S. finishes in third place and is eliminated.
•and the U.S. loses by four or more goals, the U.S. finishes in fourth place and is eliminated.

IF PANAMA AND CANADA TIE ..
•and the U.S. ties, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica. (tiebreaker: head to head vs Canada)
•and the U.S. loses, the U.S. will finish in fourth place. (tiebreaker: head to head vs Guadeloupe)

IF CANADA BEATS PANAMA ...
•by one or two goals and the U.S. wins, the U.S. wins the group and faces Guatemala.
•3-0 and the U.S. wins by one or more scoring at least 2, the U.S. will advance to face Guatemala.
•3-0 and the U.S. wins 1-0, there will be a drawing of lots to determine first or second place.
•by three goals, scoring four or more, and the U.S. wins, the U.S. will advance to face Jamaica
•by four goals and the U.S. wins, the U.S. advances to face Jamaica
•and the U.S. ties, the U.S. will advance and face Mexico.

•and the U.S. loses, the U.S. will finish in fourth place and is eliminated.

i want that scenario. just get it over with.

xbhaskarx

Lineups should be out any minute. If Dempsey is not moved to withdrawn forward people will flip out.

I'm hoping we're a bit less defensive-minded and start out with Kljestan over Jones or Edu, but we probably won't be.

I wonder what happens with Cherundolo and Bocanegra, they're both a little old to be starting again on two days rest. I assume Bocanegra is at least moved to CB. Which means we could see Lichaj at RB and Bornstein at LB.

xbhaskarx

sazabirules said:
No that will be embarrassing if we meet that early.
The only way it would be worth it is if that round was scheduled in a city that would give us a pro-US crowd, like Columbus. You could argue that would be preferable to facing Mexico in LA.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Howard - Bocanegra, Goodson, Lichaj, Cherundolo, Dempsey, Jones, Bradley, Donovan, Wondolowski, Altidore

Subs: Onyewu, Edu, Agudelo, Bornstein, Kljestan, Bedoya, Hahnemann

xbhaskarx

#USMNT lineup: Howard; Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra (c), Lichaj; Dempsey, Bradley, Jones, Donovan; Altidore, Wondolowski

#USMNT subs: Onyewu, Edu, Agudelo, Bornstein, Kljestan, Bedoya, Hahnemann

Six #USMNT players have a yellow card. A yellow tonight and they miss the quarters: Altidore, Bedoya, Bocanegra, Bradley, Goodson, Jones.

xbhaskarx

DominoKid said:
Wondo starting?

da fuck???
I like it. Agudelo needs to be a sub at this point, he brings more energy from that role. He's the only forward who was scoring consistently. And there's no way he blows such an easy chance again, right?

xbhaskarx

methodman said:
Anyone know of a stream of this game? I got it on TV (Fox Sports Channel), but both our TV's are taken.

"Watch the game tonight at 9 pm ET on FOX Soccer, TeleFutura, CONCACAF.com and univision.com"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom