• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would everyone consider a success for tonight?

I would love to see Die Klinnsmann Reich starts off with a victory, but that might be an unrealistic expectation considering he's only had a couple of weeks to mold this team to his liking. And Mexico is just a better side at the moment. But, I would be happy if they play well and keep the match close.

I love what Jorge Ramos just said on ESPN: "It's time for the US to stop playing soccer and start playing football".

Heretic

I like what jurgen said about playing for the crest on the jersey therefore no names in the back. Fuck I'm nervous...

EDIT: its on ESPND for me right now. 424 on time warner

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
who the fuck did you guys get to sing the Mexican anthem?

EDIT: Just stick to recorded mp3s next time and let the stadium sing please. /facepalm

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Uuggghhh they need stop this thing where a man with a British accent gives them instant credibility, same for individual teams that follow it too. At least have one guy with a Mexican accent.
MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. And what class.

Mindlog

I appreciate what José Feliciano's rendition of the national anthem meant at the time. I really do.

However, we have to standardize the sporting event version of the anthem.
The crowd wants to get into it, but the artists get in the way -_-

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Uuggghhh they need stop this thing where a man with a British accent gives them instant credibility, same for individual teams that follow it too. At least have one guy with a Mexican accent.

I'd be less pissed if the British guys they got weren't so good. Ian Darke is amazing and so is Arlo.

xbhaskarx

DominoKid said:
dude the sash kits are the best kits we've ever had by some margin.
We've had 3 good ones in our history:

The current 2010WC sash (red and blue only, white sucks)
2006WC white with a single vertical stripe
2009CC horizontal stripes (both home and away)

xbhaskarx said:
I thought "that a national team friendly against our biggest rival is pre-emptied by little league baseball."
ESPN was making a statement on the purity of LL Baseball and how they are against jersey sponsors.

Sky Chief

xbhaskarx said:
I thought "that a national team friendly against our biggest rival is pre-emptied by little league baseball."

Don't forget that it's the first game that our team is being coached by a legendary player and exciting coach and they're still being preempted by 13 year olds

xbhaskarx

^ Agudelo is on the bench dude, that is Bundesliga 2 little used sub Edson Buddle.

Castillo had the ball bounce off his head for a corner kick and then completely whiffed on a clearance a minute later... why wouldn't Bradley give him a chance...

Tristam

xbhaskarx said:
^ Agudelo is on the bench dude, that is Bundesliga 2 little used sub Edson Buddle.

Castillo had the ball bounce off his head for a corner kick and then completely whiffed on a clearance a minute later... why wouldn't Bradley give him a chance...

My mistake. Anger transferred to Buddle then.

EDIT: I'm liking what I see from Torres. Unlike most of the rest of the squad, he actually uses his head (figuratively), controls the ball well, and shows possession of good field vision.

I dunno, I think Buddle's been playing pretty well. We really need someone who can play in that lone striker role, and I think his hold up play's been pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom