• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Chief

Rafa=FedKilla said:
SKC is probably my favorite side to watch next to FC Dallas. If Teal doesn't show improvement, depending on value you could shore up the defense or get a good centre back.

Props to Jurgen for selecting Brek shea and Zack Lloyd even if out of an early habit.

Do you go to a lot of the games? I am a season ticket holder.

Sky Chief said:
Do you go to a lot of the games? I am a season ticket holder.
I can't from Frisco close to PHP. But I love watching SKC play and their stadium is the most I want to visit. Hopefully your success is sustained for at least a few years so the rebrand will be completely successful.

daoster

Fabian Johnson also won't play(though he's in the camp), as FIFA hasn't approved his country switch yet.

Disappointing.

Also...Grant Wahl says Martin Vasquez is Klinsmann's permanent number one.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
daoster said:
Fabian Johnson also won't play(though he's in the camp), as FIFA hasn't approved his country switch yet.

Disappointing.

Also...Grant Wahl says Martin Vasquez is Klinsmann's permanent number one.

It is because Johnson played in a official tournament when he was with Germany. At first I was wondering why he couldn't.

daoster

sazabirules said:
He should be able to play since it is a friendly. Why do you need to do the one time switch for a friendly? Chandler played for us.
Ask US soccer blog, not me!!

edit: never mind :p

xbhaskarx

Does it have something to do with Johnson playing for German youth teams whereas Chandler didn't?
Still, I was under the impression that no one time switch had to be filed since it's a friendly...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
xbhaskarx said:
Does it have something to do with Johnson playing for German youth teams whereas Chandler didn't?
Still, I was under the impression that no one time switch had to be filed since it's a friendly...

People on bigsoccer seem to think that it is because he can't play in the friendlies because he is 21 and has played in an official competition. Bunbury was in the same situation and did play but he was 20. I guess the age is the reason. I'm glad Fabian is still in our camp and filing the switch.

daoster

Rafa=FedKilla said:
The Gunners shouldn't be interested in Dempsey, but as many defenders they can get their hands on.

It seems like the gunners have bought anybody they could these past couple of days...

Also, Bradley to Chievo confirmed.

Heretic

Is the line-up to Friday's game out yet? I can only find the training roster. I got two tickets to that game! A couples of rows up from the middle. I should be on TV =]

Also RSVP'd to Wednesday's training session at the Home Depot Center.

aperman

Neo Member
Heretic said:
Is the line-up to Friday's game out yet? I can only find the training roster. I got two tickets to that game! A couples of rows up from the middle. I should be on TV =]

Shit, wanted to go to that, but I fly out to NYC on Thursday - going to be busy packing Wed night.

Damn you, vacation!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Both Ecuador (CT) and Honduras (Miami) friendlies are confirmed with the dates being October 8th (Honduras) and 11th (Ecuador).

Clydefrog

Heretic said:

Whoa, cool! I'll be watching from home. I had no idea the game was being played at the HDC. I tried gathering a couple of friends to go last-minute but no go... plus tickets are kinda pricey.

I'll keep an eye out for the dork in the Ducks jersey!

elsk

Banned
sazabirules said:
Both Ecuador (CT) and Honduras (Miami) friendlies are confirmed with the dates being October 8th and 11th.

Good. I hope Klinsmann doesn't get fired too soon. I want him to come to Honduras so I can ask for a photo an signature :)

Slizz

Awwww yeaaaaaa. USMNT coming to Miami, can't fucking wait. Funny, cause last time I saw Honduras in Miami they dropped 7 goals lol.

EDIT: Honduras game is on the 8th.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Slizz said:
Awwww yeaaaaaa. USMNT coming to Miami, can't fucking wait. Funny, cause last time I saw Honduras in Miami they dropped 7 goals lol.

EDIT: Honduras game is on the 8th.

Oops I didn't mean to mix up the dates.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
xbhaskarx said:
Not sure why they're going back to CT already, but it will be interesting to see the attendance figures for Miami...

Goff has reported that the friendly is not in CT. I don't know why the rumor had specified CT before.

I'm glad Villyan Bijev was loaned out from Liverpool. He joined Fortuna Düsseldorf and should get some playing time.

Slizz

xbhaskarx said:
Not sure why they're going back to CT already, but it will be interesting to see the attendance figures for Miami...

We got 20k(sell-out for the stadium) for the Gold Cup games that were down here with C-tier international teams and we had 78k(also a sell-out for a diff stadium) for the Barca Chivas game.... I don't think we can get that 78k for USMNT and Honduras but I think we can get around 45k(same stadium as the Barca game).

I really want more soccer down here, waiting for that MLS team.... bring back the Fusion and Ray Hudson.

methodman said:
I love you donovan :)
Got my white Donovan jersey on for the game today, even though he won't be there -
I need to get a back-up red with someone else on it for friendly season I guess haha.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Syracuse022 said:
Got my white Donovan jersey on for the game today, even though he won't be there -
I need to get a back-up red with someone else on it for friendly season I guess haha.

Donovan is playing tonight. He's not traveling to Belgium.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Clydefrog said:
He looks like a 12 year old!

but good for him

I agree. Hopefully he plays for us and not Bulgaria.

I think these are the players who are only making it to Belgium.

Beckerman
Cherundolo
Dempsey

xbhaskarx

No more Bocanegra at LB, good decision imo.

LAT:
"I don't like to move people around," Klinsmann said. "I don't like to see Bocanegra play [as he occasionally has been forced to do] as a left back. I want Bocanegra to be a left centerback, because that's where he is 100%. As a left back he might be only 90%, but I'm losing 10%. Can I afford that on the international level? No."

blurrygil

Klinsmann said:
"I don't like to move people around," Klinsmann said. "I don't like to see Bocanegra play [as he occasionally has been forced to do] as a left back. I want Bocanegra to be a left centerback, because that's where he is 100%. As a left back he might be only 90%, but I'm losing 10%. Can I afford that on the international level? No."

I absolutely love that mentality...

Slizz

Tickets for the Miami game are starting at 18$, really good price but for some AWFUL seats. Interested to see what the prices are going for lower bowl seats. According to the US soccer site this game falls on an international week so basically every player will be available. Really excited, never seen the USMNT play live.

xbhaskarx

I'm heading out on vacation, I just hope the internet at the place I'm staying will have ESPN3 so I can watch the game later tonight...

Heretic

Clydefrog said:
Whoa, cool! I'll be watching from home. I had no idea the game was being played at the HDC. I tried gathering a couple of friends to go last-minute but no go... plus tickets are kinda pricey.

I'll keep an eye out for the dork in the Ducks jersey!
I wouldn't dare take my jerseys! Those damn things are expensive! I totally would though haha.

Section 133 Row G. Keep an eye out! I'll flash the camera for you guys ;) I'll write "queens suck!" on my moobs just for you, Clydefrog!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think kickoff is for ten or fifteen minutes. I'm going to watch it on ESPN3 if it starts before Roddick finishes this little kid off.

It is on Galavision as well.

cruets said:
so umm, staring at espn3 and nothin.....

That is because the match hasn't started. It should pop up once they get ready to start. Pretty sure kickoff is at 11:20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom