• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICKNACC

Banned
Nesotenso said:
man soccer has such a long way to go here if it can't beat out a bunch of guys making left hand turns for hundred odd laps.

lol i got dish network and i was soo confused and pissed of for a while. good thing us open tennis is on

NICKNACC

Banned
we have gotten a little better possesion this half, but yeah i dont know we just are sucking. bad passing, not really helping eachother, no real attempts a tgoal

NICKNACC

Banned
what the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

c2e7b_ORIG-FUUUUUU.jpg

how about a replay assholes

Nesotenso

Not much too say. No one stood out. Would like Shea to take on players more but he will get better. One of the better prospects.

xbhaskarx

sixghost said:
It's a non-qualification match away to a very good team, no one should be freaking out.

What about losing 1-0 to Costa Rica at home?

But yeah the big problem is not the results, it's the roster selection and the lineups and the substitutions and a lot of that other stuff that Klinsmann has far more control over.

Nesotenso

xbhaskarx said:

Well we had a promising start there, but everyone just grew tired. I just hate the fact that Altiidore or Agudelo or always seem to be alone up front . I like Chandler but his crosses are not good enough but he is not alone. We need better crossing in to the box and the players need to be more aggressive to create shots.

Nesotenso

xbhaskarx said:
But yeah the big problem is not the results, it's the roster selection and the lineups and the substitutions and a lot of that other stuff that Klinsmann has far more control over.

Hopefully guys like Castillo and Rogers will not come back into the side.

sixghost

xbhaskarx said:

Obviously it's not the result people wanted, but Kilnsmann is just feeling out the lineup. He's been tinkering and trying players that Bradley never gave the time of day to.

If he's still starting Castillo and Rogers in 4-5 months then I'll be out on the ledge with you, but it's not like he hasn't hit on a few selections. Shea and Torres have been pretty good. I'm sure goals will come.

Nesotenso

K.Jack said:
Fucking ROBBED..... again. I feel like there's some inside joke I'm missing.

I though it was a handball because the flag went up so quickly. Saw the replay only once though. It's too early to pass a judgement on Klinsmann. Would prefer wins but I ould rather have a good core come qualification. Good to hear Holden playing a reserve game. Hopefully he will be full strength by the end of the year.

xbhaskarx

sixghost said:
He's been tinkering and trying players that Bradley never gave the time of day to.

Bradley used 111 different players over his tenure. How many players have made their USMNT debut over the last three games? Zero.
In fact Bradley was calling Joe Benny Corona for the Mexico friendly and he says he would have accepted, Klinsy didn't call him in and now he's with the Mexican U22s. But hey at least he brought Castillo and Fiscal back after Bradley had not given them the time of day for so long...

I was pissed when Bradley named Rogers to the Gold Cup roster, as a replacement. He never played a minute, I don't even think he made the bench. Now he appears to be a f'ing regular starter for us.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
xbhaskarx said:

You should look at the previous 2 matches against CR. I'd take a loss in a friendly over our previous 2 matches against Costa Rica in the Hex.

I didn't catch the second half but I'm not surprised. Chandler should stay as a RB since he can't cross from the left and Rogers should never be a starting winger. Hopefully Klinsmann's relationship with Rogers doesn't cause him to favor him. We keep him on the roster but get rid of Chris Pontius...

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Nesotenso said:
I though it was a handball because the flag went up so quickly. Saw the replay only once though.
I've watched the replay multiple times.

It really doesn't matter what the ref called. Be it a foul, offside, or handball, he made the wrong decision, because none of those happened.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The US game against Ecuador is at Red Bull Arena.

Edit:

Tony Sanneh is spreading a rumor that Joachim Löw was visiting Chandler today to convince him to play for Germany but Greg Seltzer shot it down.

daoster

sazabirules said:
The US game against Ecuador is at Red Bull Arena.

Edit:

Tony Sanneh is spreading a rumor that Joachim Löw was visiting Chandler today to convince him to play for Germany but Greg Seltzer shot it down.
Link to the seltzer shut down?

xbhaskarx

Some German press officer is not enough to keep me from being worried, given Tony Sanneh's connections to both FC Nurnberg and Chandler.
On the other hand there are Chandler's public statements that he would never play for Germany, and European arrogance...

xbhaskarx

Egypt name American Bradley as coach

* Bradley expected in Cairo by Monday

* Replaces Shehata who left in June

* Egypt not in African Nations finals

CAIRO, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Egypt have appointed former United States coach Bob Bradley as national team manager, state news agency MENA said on Wednesday.

Bradley replaces long-standing coach Hassan Shehata who left in June after holders Egypt struggled in qualifying for the 2012 African Nations Cup finals. They have since been eliminated.

Bradley, fired by the U.S. in July, was on an Egyptian FA shortlist that included the experienced Francisco Maturana, who has managed Peru, Ecuador and his native Colombia, and Zoran Filipovic, the former Yugoslav striker and Montenegro coach.

The American will be given the task of getting Egypt to the World Cup finals for the first time since 1990.

Bradley is expected to arrive in Cairo on Sunday or Monday to sign a contract, Egyptian FA spokesman Azmi Mugahed told MENA. Details of the deal will be announced next week.

Bradley took over as the permanent head coach of the U.S. in 2007 after being taken on as interim coach when the Americans flopped at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

He enjoyed instant success, winning the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup at home and leading the U.S. to the final of the 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa.

Bradley guided the team through the qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup, also in South Africa, but they lost in the second round to Ghana after drawing with England in the group stage.

Bradley was linked with a move to English Premier League club Aston Villa but signed a four-year extension last year to stay on as U.S. head coach.

However, his position came under renewed attack after the U.S. were beaten by Panama in the group stages at this year's CONCACAF Gold Cup. They recovered to reach the final against Mexico but squandered a 2-0 lead to lose 4-2.

Slizz

Egypt really isn't a bad squad. Wouldn't be surprised if he could finagle something decent out of the squad. All the best to him.

Tickets for the Miami game go on sale tomorrow can't fucking wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom