• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

I thought it could be a red at the time but not after seeing it from the camera behind goal.

Great now Bunbury is our only forward, I don't understand what people see in that guy, he was bad last game and he has been the worst tonight.

Nesotenso

I thought it could be a red at the time but not after seeing it from the camera behind goal.

Great now Bunbury is our only forward, I don't understand what people see in that guy, he was bad last game and he has been the worst tonight.

Let's give Sapong a shot.

xbhaskarx

Hell I would have started Sapong with Wondo.
But than I usually find around half of Klinsmann's decisions to be baffling (another one: Clark)....

Just as I write that, Sapong replaces Bunbury.

giga

So Alex Morgan…

381335_296889440350525_174420392597431_811380_1855248405_n.jpg

hnnnngggg

daoster

So I know a lot of people are saying that Dempsey was the first American to score a hattrick in the top league in England...which might be true if it's the current Barclay's Premier League, but there was one before him, and his name was Gerry Baker.

Check out this interview that the Men in Blazers did with Gerry and its an interesting part of American soccer history...which is long and storied.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...6/grantland-network-podcast-men-in-blazers-11

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
So I know a lot of people are saying that Dempsey was the first American to score in the top league in England...which might be true if it's the current Barclay's Premier League, but there was one before him, and his name was Gerry Baker.

Check out this interview that the Men in Blazers did with Gerry and its an interesting part of American soccer history...which is long and storied.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...6/grantland-network-podcast-men-in-blazers-11

I think you forgot the word hat trick.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's our new strategy for away games at Azteca. Hopefully the jerseys will empty the stands.
You might do better wearing a giant sign that says "AIM YOUR BEER HERE".

Speaking of that, fucking FEMEXFUT. :mad: That friendly in August should be played anywhere but the Azteca.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Italy roster:

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard (Everton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake).

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hanover), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City).

Midfielders: Michael Bradley (Chievo), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim).

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Edson Buddle (L.A. Galaxy), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (L.A. Galaxy).

Poor Sacha. No matter how well he plays, he can't get a callup.

daoster

Or Gomez. I go to the USSoccer website, and I see Gomez' picture and I get all excited.

EDIT: Edson Buddle again? Why not give Gomez another chance???

xbhaskarx

It's good to see Cameron and Parkhurst getting a shot with the A team.
Happy to not see Beckerman, annoyed to not see Kljestan.

As much as I'd like to see Boyd, I think it might have been better to call up Gomez, with Boyd joining Shea and Agudelo at the U-23 camp.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Here is the Info for today's match:

Feb. 29, 2012 @ 2:30 p.m. ET

ESPN2, ESPN3, Galavision

I'll be watching the match tonight on ESPN3. Shea and Kljestan were called up to replace the injured/sick Donovan, Chandler, Jones, and Torres.

xbhaskarx

Not excited to see three defensive midfielders, yet again.
Not happy to see Danny Williams on the right when he's a d-mid, I think he should start but over Edu.
Not happy to see Goodson over Cameron.

On the other hand, I am glad to see Fabian Johnson at LB, Cherundolo won't be around forever and Chandler should be the future starting RB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom