• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Great: Shea, Parkhurst, Jones
Good: Feilhaber, Larentowicz, Cameron, Hamid
Mixed: Zusi, Bunbury
Bad: De La Garza
Didn't really even notice him: Pearce

For the second half I'd like to see:
--------Sapong----Wondo--------
--Shea------Feilhaber------Zusi--
------------Jones----------------
Pearce--Cameron--Parkhurst-Loyd
-------------Hamid--------------

bench:
Nick Rimando
Zach Loyd
Jeff Parke
Ricardo Clark
Brad Evans
Chris Wondolowski
C.J. Sapong
I really hope we don't see Clark, Evans or Parke.

xbhaskarx

Educate me on your squad, USGAF. How many of these players could be considered for your main squad? Or is it a C-D team like Venezuela's?

It's a real mix:
A (starters): Shea, Jones
B (occasionally called up): Feilhaber, Hamid, Larentowicz
C (Jan campers or first call up): Parkhurst, Bunbury, Pearce, Cameron, Zusi, De La Garza

Pre

That's why I favor playing Jones as a strict DM and playing Bradley up more. He's good at those distance shots and hitting the ball cleanly.

xbhaskarx

How have we not scored a goal yet?

We've had like 3-5 good chances that were off off target (Shea in the first half, Bunbury and Zusi in the second half, Jones... I'm probably forgetting a couple from the first half) and two nice chances that the goalkeeper stopped (Shea header in the first half, Wondo in the second half).
I like that we have three forwards in there now, it's not like Venezuela have been much of a threat, they almost look intimidated...

I haven't been able to watch the game...thoughts so far? Are we still playing with some creativity but lacking in finishing and overall cohesiveness? Or do we look improved?

Pre

I haven't been able to watch the game...thoughts so far? Are we still playing with some creativity but lacking in finishing and overall cohesiveness? Or do we look improved?

We've had some good creative moments and some chances on goal but haven't been able to finish. Defense looks pretty good.

xbhaskarx

We look good aside from actually scoring goals, but it's hard to say how much that means considering this Venezuela team is awful.

Ugh Bunbury... what a pass from Wondo there.

xbhaskarx

This Francisco Flores guy, number 8, is such a thug. Every corner kick he's basically attacking someone, usually Feilhaber or Wondo.

HOW WAS THAT NOT A GOAL

clemenx

Banned
Number 8 Flores finally gets a yellow... whatever the reason it was probably the least yellow-worthy thing he's done all game.

Everyone here hates that Flores guy. Coach must be in love with him or something he's always a starter in these meaningless friendlies.

Yay a goal!

xbhaskarx

That was either Jones' best game for the US, or the best since the friendly against Poland, which I think may have been his debut.

Is Agudelo up for selection ? Would rather see him play more than Wondo who has never impressed me.

Agudelo and Beckerman were both injured. Agudelo has 5x the potential, but I'll take Wondo right now. He could have easily had a goal tonight were it not for the goalkeeper, who was by far Venezuela's MOTM.

sixghost

Does anyone have any idea what the deal with the Fulham/Everton game is this Friday on US tv? I saw something on an Everton board about Fox picking up the rights to broadcast the game, but that's it.

It's still not shown as being on FSC despite nothing of importance being shown that day, but I know they have that online thing for which they charge a subscription, so I'm hoping it's not just being shown there. It seems weird that they would not show the a game with 3 of the countries biggest players.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I pray that ESPN3 doesn't have that joke of a commentator again...

I'd rather listen to Pablo Ramirez or the other Univision/Galavision guys over him.
Is it Jorge Ramos? The Uruguayan with the broken English? lol

I'll be watching this game on my laptop while I watch the Mexico game on the telly. ¡Arriba Panamá!

Oozer3993

Does anyone have any idea what the deal with the Fulham/Everton game is this Friday on US tv? I saw something on an Everton board about Fox picking up the rights to broadcast the game, but that's it.

It's still not shown as being on FSC despite nothing of importance being shown that day, but I know they have that online thing that they charge a subscription, so I'm hoping it's not just being shown there. It seems weird that they would not show the a game with 3 of the countries biggest players.

It should be on FSC:

GrantWahl said:
Sorry for lack of tweets: Flew all day to Seattle. Great to see Fox Soccer showing Donovan v Dempsey, Everton-Fulham, 3:00 pm ET Friday.

Clydefrog

It's still not shown as being on FSC despite nothing of importance being shown that day, but I know they have that online thing for which they charge a subscription, so I'm hoping it's not just being shown there. It seems weird that they would not show the a game with 3 of the countries biggest players.

FSC tweeted they'll be showing that game. https://twitter.com/#!/FOXSoccer/status/162234797538816000

edit: Oozer wins.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is it Jorge Ramos? The Uruguayan with the broken English? lol

I'll be watching this game on my laptop while I watch the Mexico game on the telly. ¡Arriba Panamá!

Apparently it was Ricardo Ortiz? Ramos wasn't that bad when I think he did the previous sets of friendlies.

xbhaskarx

Wondo is unlucky to not have scored over these last two games... I thought that was across the line.

Jones with his yellow card, as usual.

daoster

SO i just got home from work in order to see the last 4 or so minutes of the game and...

same old US defense, no matter who's playing there.

who scored?

Pre

Jeebus, that was a miserable half. We're absurdly lucky not to at least be tied. Benny needs to come in to kick-start the attack in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom