• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the silver lining for me is that this is great news for my club team who were set to lose a handful of players for pretty much half the MLS season over the Olympics (Adu, MacMath, Sheanon Williams, Okugo, McInerney)

ZZMitch

Shitty game. But at least I can still root for Canada because I am a dual citizen and I live in Toronto at the moment heh!

But damn, losing 2-0 to Canada and tying El Salvador in a must win situation is unacceptable. At least it wasn't world cup qualifying, still sucks though.

Mindlog

It still stings. I'm patient. Respectable World Cup performances are all I really want. However, this is definitely going to color Klinsmann's early reign. It sucks going from finally exorcising the Italy demon to this.

It still stings. I'm patient. Respectable World Cup performances are all I really want. However, this is definitely going to color Klinsmann's early reign. It sucks going from finally exorcising the Italy demon to this.

He doesn't coach the U-23 team. Unless you mean he's the one who hired the current coach.

new home jerseys unveiled

2012-04-16-usa-home-jersey-launch-intro-email.jpg

ZZMitch

I am kind of new to following soccer (last few years or so)... is changing your jerseys constantly a common thing?

I like the older ones with the diagonal line, at least I still have one of those!

s7evn

I am kind of new to following soccer (last few years or so)... is changing your jerseys constantly a common thing?

I like the older ones with the diagonal line, at least I still have one of those!

Teams are always changing jerseys. Generally club kits are changed yearly and national kits are changed 2 to 4 years coinciding with the tournament schedule.

ZZMitch

Teams are always changing jerseys. Generally club kits are changed yearly and national kits are changed 2 to 4 years coinciding with the tournament schedule.

Yeah I noticed that, seems weird, but probably helps generate more revenue or something.

xbhaskarx

Yes it is, every two years or so. Here are some of the other new ones.

Diagonal lines / sash

1) This new jersey still has the sash, it looks horrible though because they're diagonal lines on horizontal lines, and because it's so subtle that it looks like a stain:
usmnt-away-shirt-2012-2014.jpg

2) The other new jersey (unveiled a few weeks ago) also has the sash:
424533_10150610852948941_32421823940_9050865_1478857895_n.jpg

Lkr

hey gaf i got tickets to the may game against Ireland. i was wondering what kinds of things people take to soccer games here in america to show team support. just tshirts and jerseys?

Clydefrog

So Dempsey's not playing on Sunday :/ But, WOW, what a season he had!

career-high 23 goals in all competitions and 17 goals in the Premier League -- fourth most behind Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Sergio Aguero.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
So Dempsey's not playing on Sunday :/ But, WOW, what a season he had!

career-high 23 goals in all competitions and 17 goals in the Premier League -- fourth most behind Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Sergio Aguero.

:)

Jozy and Michael both had good seasons too. There are many rumors of Bradley getting picked up by a bigger club in Italy.

methodman

Banned
where do you guys think dempsey ends up next season?

also - can't wait for later this month to watch some us soccer again. hopefully we get demps and landon to play together for the first time in a fucking year lol

daoster

where do you guys think dempsey ends up next season?

also - can't wait for later this month to watch some us soccer again. hopefully we get demps and landon to play together for the first time in a fucking year lol

Hopefully...not Liverpool.

Initial US roster (International players only): http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-N...eport-to-US-MNT-Training-Camp-in-Orlando.aspx

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (4): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)
FORWARDS (1): Clint Dempsey (Fulham)

MLS players will be called later (and maybe even some International players like Gomez as well)

Also..Chandler requested time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom