• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

I ordered take out from my local Mexican restaurant before the game today. I sat and watched the first 5 minutes on Telemundo at the restaurant. I saw the guys give up a tasty freekick within the first 30 seconds. I thought "this is going to be ugly." I went home and ate my meal during the first half.

The first half felt like APOEL vs Real Madrid. We had 10 players behind the ball. We were parking the bus. I went online during half-time and jerked around. I then started watching the second half... and fell asleep. I woke up once to Chicharito missing an absolute EASY goal and then said to myself "okay, open the floodgates" before falling back asleep.

Fifteen minutes later I woke up again to some weird screams. I realized USA had scored! OROZCO-FISCAL LOL.

Ugly game. Awesome result. AMAZING that it actually happened at Azteca.
I'm still a bit pissed that of all the games to finally notteavel to Aztecs it was this one.

NoRéN

FUCK YEAH! Viva USA!

I would have been chanting "Si Se Puede" if I was there.
Edu tweeted this:
hoyu2.jpg

you guys are on BS too? awesome. so happy about the result still....I loooooooove it. gonna spend today in my office reading all kinds of post game reactions, comments, etc all over the soccer world...wasn't home yesterday.

daoster

Don't know if you guys are following the Clint Dempsey drama, but it certainly is one for the books!

Lots of accusations and rumors abound, with no hard facts!

Pure drama!

Apparently, either Dempsey has refused to play for Fulham again, and Fulham have fined him...OR...Fulham doesn't want him to play again...

And apparently, Liverpool never made a formal bid for Dempsey, but they verbally agreed w/ Clint's agent to buy him this summer....but Fulham has priced Dempsey out of the market...

CRAZYYYYY

And now, Clint is tweeting mysterious tweets. What will happen next?

Nesotenso

Don't know if you guys are following the Clint Dempsey drama, but it certainly is one for the books!

Lots of accusations and rumors abound, with no hard facts!

Pure drama!

Apparently, either Dempsey has refused to play for Fulham again, and Fulham have fined him...OR...Fulham doesn't want him to play again...

And apparently, Liverpool never made a formal bid for Dempsey, but they verbally agreed w/ Clint's agent to buy him this summer....but Fulham has priced Dempsey out of the market...

CRAZYYYYY

And now, Clint is tweeting mysterious tweets. What will happen next?

I just hope the mess sorts itself out and Clint gets playing time somewhere.

Clydefrog

Yeah, it sucks to see this happen to one of our best players. I’d love to see him at a bigger club, but I’m also surprised they was he has acted the past few days. I just hope everything gets settled and he starts playing soon, though it sounds like it won’t be for Fulham.

gutshot

I can't believe another Premier League team doesn't want him? I mean, this is Clint motherfuckin' Dempsey we're talkin' about here.

cKW5l.jpg

NoRéN

Yeah, it sucks to see this happen to one of our best players. I’d love to see him at a bigger club, but I’m also surprised they was he has acted the past few days. I just hope everything gets settled and he starts playing soon, though it sounds like it won’t be for Fulham.
Yeah, the behavior is a bit surprising. Though I cant blame him for wanting to leave. He's gone as far as he can with Fulham. Time for a change.

sixghost

I think he just realizes that this might be his best and last chance to move to a CL club. Who knows what might happen this year, he might get injured, he might have an off year.

cruets

what a win for everton. im really hoping landon goes back there asap. he's such a better player when he's playing in the epl vs. mls lol

landon has nothing left to prove in mls. so we can all hope. and as a galaxy fan i'd be fine with him leaving, the team will soldier on just fine

xbhaskarx

beIN Sport acquires television rights to USMNT road World Cup qualifiers

Fans in the United States will no longer have to worry about U.S. men's national team World Cup qualifiers being shown on pay-per-view.

New sports network beIN Sport announced in a press release Wednesday that it has acquired exclusive rights to televise the national team's road qualifiers for the remainder of the 2014 World Cup cycle, starting with the final two matches of this round, Sept. 7 against Jamaica and Oct. 12 against Antigua and Barbuda. Assuming the U.S. men qualify for the final hexagonal round, the five road games will be televised on beIN Sport as well.

The network has also purchased the rights for all other CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers except games involving Mexico. Currently, beIN Sport is only available through DirecTV and Dish Network, but the network is in talks with other cable providers.

xbhaskarx

Motherfuckers. So only Dish and DirecTV are getting them now. What was wrong with ESPN?

I'm not sure I understand..... there is nothing wrong with ESPN. But they didn't buy the rights to these games. Remember the first road qualifier, at Guatemala, was pay per view only. ESPN, Fox Soccer, NBC, etc. could have acquired the rights, but they didn't, and now beIN Sport has.
I happen to get it through DirecTV so I'm happy...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not sure I understand..... there is nothing wrong with ESPN. But they didn't buy the rights to these games. Remember the first road qualifier, at Guatemala, was pay per view only. ESPN, Fox Soccer, NBC, etc. could have acquired the rights, but they didn't, and now beIN Sport has.
I happen to get it through DirecTV so I'm happy...

Eh I've got FiOS, so I'm pretty fucked unless they manage to work out a deal. I hope to god ESPN/ABC get the world cup again though, I would be so pissed if it made it onto some channel I didn't get.

gutshot

Eh I've got FiOS, so I'm pretty fucked unless they manage to work out a deal. I hope to god ESPN/ABC get the world cup again though, I would be so pissed if it made it onto some channel I didn't get.

ESPN/ABC has the World Cup in 2014, Fox has it in 2018 and 2022.

Daigoro

fucking ESPN needs to get it shit together and nab the rights to WC qualifying. wtf with this beIN sports bullshit. at least someone ponied up for the rights, but fuck.

looks like its shitty stream time yet again. great!

ESPN/ABC has the World Cup in 2014, Fox has it in 2018 and 2022.

Fox needs to up its game and start broadcasting in 1080 then, fuck this 720p bullshit (OTA).

NoRéN

At this rate, there's a chance Jurgen won't call him up for the WCQs.

United game coming up. He probably won't play either, huh.

Fulham even lodged an official complaint against liverpool. Sucks.

Here's hoping Liverpool sells Andy Carroll and uses the money to make an official bid for Dempsey.

lush

@GrantWahl: BeIN Sport has worked out a deal with Comcast, nation's largest cable provider.

Pretty skeptical of this as Comcast still doesn't even offer Fox Soccer or GOLTV in HD in my area, and they don't offer Fox Soccer Plus at all in my area. Hope it'll be in alot of markets and in HD. Great news regardless I suppose, that channel was buying up everything.

Pretty skeptical of this as Comcast still doesn't even offer Fox Soccer or GOLTV in HD, and they don't offer Fox Soccer Plus at all. Hope it'll be in alot of markets and in HD. Great news regardless I suppose, that channel was buying up everything.

I get Fox Soccer in HD, but don't get GOLTV at all (it's extra subscription, $15/month, I think).

(May be regional, I'm in Seattle, and my guess is they got lots of requests for FSCHD aside from mine)

lush

I get Fox Soccer in HD, but don't get GOLTV at all (it's extra subscription, $15/month, I think).

(May be regional, I'm in Seattle, and my guess is they got lots of requests for FSCHD aside from mine)

Yeah, meant to include that they don't offer it in my area.

xbhaskarx

beINSport1USA
We are glad we could take a big step towards #soccerforall by securing a deal with Comcast. More announcements coming once official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom