• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the Galaxy vs Metapan CCL game last night and they won 5-2. However one of the worst ref'd games I've seen in a long LONG time and the red card to Keane was terrible.

Highlight reel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrhh385uQm4&feature=youtu.be

Caught the last 20 minutes of the game last night and yeah, the reffing was horrible - even the commentators were bitching. But the two goals from LA that I saw were things of beauty.

Probably the Galaxy are the only LA team I can tolerate lol.

alphaNoid

Banned
Caught the last 20 minutes of the game last night and yeah, the reffing was horrible - even the commentators were bitching. But the two goals from LA that I saw were things of beauty.

Probably the Galaxy are the only LA team I can tolerate lol.

Keane's goal by head was 15 ft in front of me and magical.

xbhaskarx

CobbFC09

Landon Donovan announced yesterday on the Soccer Today radio show that he will not be joining Everton during the MLS off-season.

“The chances of me playing again this off-season are very slim,” he said. “I’ve had, not since this January but last January, a total of two weeks off. My soccer enthusiasm is not as high as it was two years ago. I’m kind of ready for a break when this season is over.”
Really hope the time off will help him rekindle some of the competitive fire he has talked about losing recently.

Nesotenso

Landon Donovan announced yesterday on the Soccer Today radio show that he will not be joining Everton during the MLS off-season.

Really hope the time off will help him rekindle some of the competitive fire he has talked about losing recently.

The next WC will be the last time we see a lot of guys. Cameron made his debut against Arsenal today and looked alright in his debut. I believe he didn't train all that much with his teammates so to see him start and go the full 90 was good.

xbhaskarx

U.S. Cup Qualifiers: The View From Traffic in Brazil
http://ow.ly/deJhJ

“Are American fans really upset? That would be a big surprise to me,” Jochen Lösch, the president of international business for Traffic Sports Marketing, said in a telephone interview from company headquarters in São Paulo, Brazil. “We offered the matches to everyone, but the amount of money we got offered was simply to low.”
“We negotiated with M.L.S. and SUM on behalf of ESPN, maybe the problem lies there,” Lösch said. “I don’t know if they understand the value of U.S. soccer.” He added: “I’m a little surprised to hear people moaning about beIN. Everyone should be happy because they want to build a real football channel. No channel in the U.S. thinks they have to pay money for U.S. games. They seem to think there is not a big appeal. If now they are complaining, maybe they underestimated the value. I think everyone should be happy beIN is taking over. It’s good for U.S. football.”
“The North American audience should be happy that beIN entered the marketplace,” he said. “Finally someone gives the performances of the national teams in the Concacaf region the value they deserve, especially the performances of Team U.S.A”.

I think it can only be a good thing that we now have ESPN, NBC, Fox, and Al Jazeera (plus GolTV if they can survive) bidding for soccer content.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
yep, he had an assist and played the full match. good showing.

geoff cameron looked great for Stoke today too.

CobbFC09

Now hearing Clint Dempsey's name associated with Sunderland. Really wish this whole situation would end already. The sooner Clint Dempsey gets back on the field the better.

Nesotenso

anyone able to see the Roma match? How did Michael Bradley do?

I would say mixed but some of the Roma players had more horrendous games.He got booked when he a made rash challenge after giving away the ball too easily. Had an assist towards the end but the finish was even better. I think he will start the next game Roma play.

Nesotenso

Now hearing Clint Dempsey's name associated with Sunderland. Really wish this whole situation would end already. The sooner Clint Dempsey gets back on the field the better.

I don't know if Clint is being led on. If there was a genuine interest in him he would have had solid offers.

gutshot

Bradley will likely miss the WCQs against Jamaica.

Strain in right thigh. Will be out 2-3 weeks and miss games for AS Roma as well

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...orts-bradley-injured-likely-out-wc-qualifiers

That sucks. We had a lot of trouble playing the ball through the middle at Azteca without Bradley. Jamaica is obviously an inferior side, but losing Bradley still hurts.

is this really the case? Are we just overrating his talent? I thought he'd be a lock for a champ league this year..

I don't know, it was partly tongue-in-cheek. But I have to imagine if a Brazilian or British or Italian striker had scored 23 goals in the Premiere League last season, Champions League clubs would be lining up to try to sign him.

gutshot

Welp, the pre-season transfer window closes tomorrow and still no word on a move for Clint Dempsey. Not looking good.

I've seen rumors today of both Liverpool and Sunderland being interested. Sunderland seems more likely though. Liverpool has to move some other players first, to free up some money, and they seem to have pegged Theo Walcott as their primary transfer target.

gutshot

Terrence Boyd scored a goal in the Europa league today for Rapid Vienna

He's been on an amazing run of form lately. Hope he gets called up for the Jamaica games.

Re Dempsey, it looks like he may end up at Liverpool after all. They've moved Andy Carroll to West Ham and Arsenal's manager is insisting that Theo Walcott will stay put... which leaves Dempsey as the next logical fit to join the Reds.

daoster

Not 100% confirmed, but it's looking like Dempsey is now plying his trade at White Heart Lane.

Thank god, cause it's been a SHITSTORM today. Jesus.

Also, Gooch to Malaga (Champion's League Football!) and Bocanegra to Racing Satander (2nd division SpanisH).

Both are loans I think.

My god. Fuck Liverpool for how they value Demps (4 million pounds only) and fuck Fulham fans for how quickly they turn on Clint.

xbhaskarx

As I said in the other thread:
"Sky sources understand Liverpool do not expect to make any signings this evening. Liverpool's bid for Fulham’s Clint Dempsey was £4million and the club have refused to offer higher."

No anti-American bias... Liverpool unwilling to pay more for Clint Dempsey than what the amount they got for Charlie freaking Adam (and about half of what they paid for Adam just last year)....

Aaaah the BBC feed is moving so fast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19428932

Phil McNulty, BBC Sport Chief Football Writer
"The reaction of Liverpool fans on Twitter to Dempsey perhaps going to Tottenham has been very angry. They now see the prospect of not bringing in anybody today. Why have they not got anybody? They've let Andy Carroll go, Charlie Adam's gone, they've got money in the bank. Yet no-one seems to be coming."

Dempsey to Spurs would be a real case of the one that got away for Liverpool - player was desperate to go to Anfield. @philmcnulty 23 minutes ago

2129:
I told you earlier that Tottenham were sniffing around Clint Dempsey, and here is confirmation from BBC Sport "Clint Dempsey is at Spurs Lodge, the training ground. There is a very strong change he will be a Tottenham player come 11 o'clock. The fee has been agreed between the clubs and he is set to undergo a very quick medical."

also
DONE DEAL
Southampton have confirmed that 19-year-old United States U20 goalkeeper Cody Cropper has signed a permanent deal. Cropper has been training with the Saints' under-21 squad.

xbhaskarx

Where are all the people who said Dempsey fucked up and didn't know what he was doing... Tottenham are far more likely to reach the Champions League than Liverpool, hell they should have been there this year but then Chelsea beat Bayern.

I hope Fulham fans don't give Dempsey a hard time when he comes back in a Tottenham shirt. He gave them a a lot of years and a lot of goals. Tottenham could be in a better shape to make it into the CL. They seem to get away with making some really great moves in the transfer market. I really dig them getting Lloris. But sucks that they aren't keeping Van Der Vaart and already lost Modric.

That said, as an Arsenal fan. DEMPSEY FUCKED UP.

daoster

I hope Fulham fans don't give Dempsey a hard time when he comes back in a Tottenham shirt. He gave them a a lot of years and a lot of goals. Tottenham could be in a better shape to make it into the CL. They seem to get away with making some really great moves in the transfer market. I really dig them getting Lloris. But sucks that they aren't keeping Van Der Vaart and already lost Modric.

That said, as an Arsenal fan. DEMPSEY FUCKED UP.

Fulham fans have already given him shit.
"he wasn't that good of a player anyways"

FUCK them.

I hope Dempsey now lets his side of the story come out.

Looks like Maurice Edu managed to get out of the Rangers boat. Hope he gets some solid game time with Stoke.

Not sure how good Carlos Bocanegra's situation with the USA squad will be if he sticks around with Rangers.

xbhaskarx

DONE DEAL
Tottenham have got another one in the bag. Confirmation from BBC Sport's Mandeep Sanghera that Spurs have completed the signing of striker Clint Dempsey from Fulham. The 29-year-old United States international, who looked like he was heading for Liverpool, has moved to White Hart Lane for a fee in the region of £6m.

shoplifter

Deuce, Lloris, and apparently Moutinho got done too (or not depending on what you read).

What a day for me :)

As far as Rafa goes, I certainly appreciate him - but he was terrible defensively and rarely plays a full 90.

DONE DEAL
Tottenham have got another one in the bag. Confirmation from BBC Sport's Mandeep Sanghera that Spurs have completed the signing of striker Clint Dempsey from Fulham. The 29-year-old United States international, who looked like he was heading for Liverpool, has moved to White Hart Lane for a fee in the region of £6m.

Here's me at first:
BrYR4.gif

Here's me right now:
CGlWo.gif

xbhaskarx

So Bocanegra to Racing Satander in Spanish 2nd division, Onyewu to Malaga in Spanish 1st division...

Racing Satander have a lot in common with Rangers:
Racing Santander: a club in debt, in administration and in big trouble

Carlos got signed to Racing Satander...2nd division team in Spain's league. Should be a step up from Scottish 4th division.

That's a fine move for Bocanegra at this stage in his career, and certainly far better than the Scottish 4th division, but I think it just shows that it is now time to make Michael Bradley the team captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom