• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

I might have played against Justin Morrow in high school.

It took longer than usual for me to start hating Kyle Beckerman in this game. But it still happened. And yet he continues to get playing time.

Clydefrog

GtCnFoi.jpg

NH Apache

Banned
They are talking about that stupid Bennett article that I've seen everywhere. While it's somewhat legit, our talent is clearly going elsewhere.

Why don't we have a Messi is a stupid loaded question.

Nesotenso

So how is Gatt doing? When people say he is a true winger, what are they referring to?

Gatt has pace but he is raw in terms of decision making. nothing was learned from this match. I would hate to put player rankings from this. No one has looked sharp. No pace, no 1 v 1 ability. not a single guy takes people on.

guys who most likely get into Honduras match squad : Omar, Agudelo, Johnson, Zusi, Gatt

Clydefrog

I could have been in goal for either side and it still would have ended 0-0. What a shit game.

Fucking this (probably... I only bothered to watch the first half). I semi-tuned in while playing video games on my PC with the second half. I did see Gatt make a good run though... until he got tackled and there was no foul.

shoplifter

Gatt has lots of upside, but I don't think he's going to be 'ready' until he gets a little more time at the senior international level. Back line was good enough. It's amazing to watch the difference in the attack style of the A team and B team.

daoster

That was boring and awful yesterday.

Ugh. Our B team should be able to wipe the floor with Canada...who are in a major transition period.

gutshot

That was boring and awful yesterday.

Ugh. Our B team should be able to wipe the floor with Canada...who are in a major transition period.

Yeah, kind of puts into perspective the lack of depth in our talent pool when our B side can't muster a goal against Canada on home soil and Denmark's B side thrashes them 4-nil when they're on the road.

gutshot

The roster for the Honduras game:

GOALKEEPERS- Tim Howard, Brad Guzan, Sean Johnson

DEFENDERS- Tim Chandler, Fabian Johnson, Geoff Cameron, Carlos Bocanegra, Edgar Castillo Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, Michael Parkhurst

MIDFIELDERS- Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Danny Williams, Maurice Edu, Graham Zusi, Brad Evans, Brad Davis, Jose Torres, Sacha Kljestan

FORWARDS- Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Eddie Johnson, Herculez Gomez

roster is good enough for those 3 points. im hoping besler and gonzo stay in the rotation permanently going forward. this will cap-tie chandler which i know lots of people are antsy about and may be cause for celebration in itself. curious if klinsi goes 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 for first qualifier on the road. taking a half day Wednesday to watch the game live.

Nesotenso

roster is good enough for those 3 points. im hoping besler and gonzo stay in the rotation permanently going forward. this will cap-tie chandler which i know lots of people are antsy about and may be cause for celebration in itself. curious if klinsi goes 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 for first qualifier on the road. taking a half day Wednesday to watch the game live.

yep, I know Boca has served the team well but if we make it to next summer, either Omar or Besler should be one of our CBs

I keep favoring Besler based on his ability to play to feet out of the back, I've seen gonzo vs canada and brazil and he seemed to hoof it more than he really should have been, and considering how little pressure he saw vs canada I'm not ok with that.

daoster

Klinsmann has few doubts the "whole ship" that is the US Soccer Federation is open to change. The German was approached after both the 2006 and 2010 World Cups without being able to come to agreement. "When we talked again after the 2011 Gold Cup, I told them it is only going to work if you are open for change," he said. "If our big goal is to break the top ten in the world -- to play England or Germany eye-to-eye -- it is not possible by doing the same thing. We have to train harder, find more effort, more education, more drive, change the youth environment, change coaching education, change everything. But that is what I love to do because only by doing that am I improving myself. I'm in the same learning curve as everyone else."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/1196?cc=5901

Nesotenso

going to be hot and humid in San Pedro Sula with an afternoon kickoff. Players might have a hard time adjusting to the weather. 91 degrees on Wednesday according to weather forecast

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I am kind of upset that the game Wednesday is not going to be televised.

pretty sure its on beIN sport, which has made a lot of inroads at cable companies the last few months (comcast and directv i know for sure)

Nesotenso

So what's Landon Donovan's excuse for not being able to play this time?

Donovan has taken extended break from the game after the MLS Cup final and he hasn't said definitively if he is going to retire. JK has been in touch with him and he wasn't invited to the January camp, which says that he still isn't sure about his future in soccer. He hasn't even shown up at Galaxy's pre-season camp. Arena reckons he will return to the MLS but even then he has to fight for his roster spot in the national team.

I would like for him to return for 2014.

The roster for the Honduras game:

GOALKEEPERS- Tim Howard, Brad Guzan, Sean Johnson

DEFENDERS- Tim Chandler, Fabian Johnson, Geoff Cameron, Carlos Bocanegra, Edgar Castillo Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, Michael Parkhurst

MIDFIELDERS- Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Danny Williams, Maurice Edu, Graham Zusi, Brad Evans, Brad Davis, Jose Torres, Sacha Kljestan

FORWARDS- Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Eddie Johnson, Herculez Gomez

Oh lawd I'm gettin' excited. Hope I can find a stream online for this one!

Daigoro

are you fucking serious?

this is pathetic.

I don't get bein sport. good lord. ESPN WTF... or is this that stupid away match rule where the local channel gets it?

huh? its going to be on beIN. yes, away matches for the qualifiers will not be on ESPN. thought we had established this.

sucks for me too, but there will be streams.

Clydefrog

huh? its going to be on beIN. yes, away matches for the qualifiers will not be on ESPN. thought we had established this.

sucks for me too, but there will be streams.

establish THIS

alex-morgan_08.jpg

Alex Morgan would be a better forward option than:

a) Chris Wondolowski
b) Eddie Johnson
c) Juan Agudelo
d) All of the Above

Slizz

establish THIS

alex-morgan_08.jpg

Alex Morgan would be a better forward option than:

a) Chris Wondolowski
b) Eddie Johnson
c) Juan Agudelo
d) All of the Above

Lol.

Good article about Herculez Gomez in SI last week... I hope he does well, Altidore will never be good for the NT I'm convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom