• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodman

Banned
Man, I thought after the world cup, we'd be progressing. I've been in this thread since day 1 and thought we'd be getting way better with a new coach. This is such a disappointing team. There's no counter attacking whatsoever, and our defense just looks so porous altogether. The thing I get most disgusted by is that there's no passion on this squad right now.

I really think we need Donovan to play. Please come back. Ugh.

Alebrije

USA team seems very weak compared to past tournaments , it seem this time will be very difficult to get points out of home

Honduras had nothing , the same weak team as always but this time they won....

It will be a long road for US. not just for this match , because since las Gold Cup the team looks worse than ever...

daoster

Time to pay big fat checks for Mourinho. He doesn't have that much longer with Madrid anyway, might as well speed up the process.

It's not about the Money, as Nike can probably help pay for wages. It's about much control US Soccer is willing to give up. We missed Klinsmann twice because US Soccer wasn't willing to give up power, how much more power does Mourinho want? That's also assuming that Mourinho would right things around so quickly.

I am angry and depressed.

Nesotenso

Chandler wasn't good at all. and it is too late to fire anyone. Both goals can be attributed to CBs not doing their jump. First goal from Honduras was just a sublime finish.

Clydefrog

A5f1yie.jpg

*Cringe*

hire Bradley back. The US looked much more solid with him

Hell no!

It's not about the Money, as Nike can probably help pay for wages. It's about much control US Soccer is willing to give up. We missed Klinsmann twice because US Soccer wasn't willing to give up power, how much more power does Mourinho want? That's also assuming that Mourinho would right things around so quickly.

I remember Bielsa offering to coach or be the technical director. But USSF didn't like giving more power to him. We should have went after Pep when he was still in New York.

daoster

there's still hope for the US. Costa Rica, Panama and Jamaica play some awful football

Costa Rica is usually known as the 3rd best team behind Mexico and US, Panama beat us at home in the last Gold Cup for the FIRST time in their history, and I seem to remember a particularly HORRIBLE game against Jamaica last year in Jamaica.

No Bueno.

Costa Rica is usually known as the 3rd best team behind Mexico and US, Panama beat us at home in the last Gold Cup for the FIRST time in their history, and I seem to remember a particularly HORRIBLE game against Jamaica last year in Jamaica.

No Bueno.
not anymore, at least not this generation. Costa Rica is only here because El Salvador sucks even more and couldn't beat Guyana.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
there's still hope for the US. Costa Rica, Panama and Jamaica play some awful football
Costa Rica is about on the same level as Honduras right now, probably a bit higher. And Panama is on the rise, you shouldn't underestimate them. The only reason they finished second in their group was shitty finishing versus Cuba --they totally outplayed Honduras during the semifinal round in both games.
The only thing that can brighten my day is seeing Jamaica force Mexico into the basement with us.
I mean, sure, it can happen. Getafe beat Real Madrid last week after all.

Nesotenso

If we hold up fort at home and get some points on the road, even ties, we should be fine. Questions still remain about the CBs and the wide players.

woodchuck

terrible. lazy D the whole game.

both goals could have been easily prevented. ugh. a lot of the problem was due to unfamiliarity playing with each other but also laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom