• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to say if there's any validity to the Dempsey rumor. It's strange that they'd move him after just a year, but Spurs are snapping up a few players this offseason and maybe he's surplus at this point or doesn't fit the system AVB wants to play.

daoster

No idea why. While he didn't have a crazy great season, I thought he was decent to good for Spurs, and contributed some pretty valuable goals for Spurs (including scoring the goal that helped Spurs beat ManU for the first time in a while). And it seemed like he had a good relationship with AVB.

I hope this is just the usual transfer season rumor BS, but the noise has been getting a little bit louder. Hope Greg updates his blog soon so we get a little more clarity.

EDIT: Apparently Greg has commented that he hasn't heard anything yet, but the rumor originated from the Times of London, so hmm

Clydefrog

Does Paulinho play a similar position to Dempsey? I agree with the signings Spurs have made (and still looking for that additional striker) that Dempsey would likely play a lot less than he already was, which wasn't a whole lot anyway.

for Dempsey's playing time, a move might be better.

Nesotenso

I think Paulinho is a more of a midifielder than Dempsey. I don''t even the dude was worth the amount Spurs paid for him.

Clint has looked poor for the Spurs more often than not. Spurs need more goal scoring threats and yeah it would harder to get playing time if they get Benteke and someone else to help Bale out.

daoster

Does Paulinho play a similar position to Dempsey? I agree with the signings Spurs have made (and still looking for that additional striker) that Dempsey would likely play a lot less than he already was, which wasn't a whole lot anyway.

for Dempsey's playing time, a move might be better.

Paulinho does not play Deuce's usual position, but the great thing about Deuce is that he's a flexible player that can play in multiple positions.

Didn't he start the majority of the games for Spurs? Or at the very least, a big part of it.

Clint needs playing time, sure, but if he's just going to go to a mid-level EPL team, no thanks. He'll get plenty of playing time at Spurs, I think, if he stays. They're looking to try to make it into CL again, + Europa League, FA and Carling Cup, there will be a lot of games.

I want to see him compete against some of the world's best for his position rather than go to another Fulham-esque team :(

methodman

Banned
---------------------------------------------------------Howard-----------------------------------------

------------------------------------------Besler---------------------------Cam------------------------------
Dolo' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fabian J.

----------------------------------------------------------Jones------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Bradley--------------------------------------------------------------
--------Holden---------------------------------------------------------------------------Donovan----------
--------------------------------Dempsey-----------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------Altidore----------------------------------

Lineup I wanna see in our next set of WCQ

Clydefrog

POyxeMr.jpg

sup

gutshot

Getting close to game time. Game is on Fox today. Yes, regular Fox. First time a USMNT game has been on broadcast TV since the Ghana game in WC2010, I think. So we should get a good number of people watching us thrash Cuba today. This will also be Gus Johnson's first time calling a US game. So yeah... that should be interesting.

Nesotenso

Getting close to game time. Game is on Fox today. Yes, regular Fox. First time a USMNT game has been on broadcast TV since the Ghana game in WC2010, I think. So we should get a good number of people watching us thrash Cuba today. This will also be Gus Johnson's first time calling a US game. So yeah... that should be interesting.

Dude gets too excited. Great for March Madness, not so great for soccer

Yeah good to finally see our team on broadcast TV.

Also, under and over of Cuban defections? Have there been any yet? Saw something last night on the MLS show that mentioned how the Charleston Battery see a lot of them come in.

CobbFC09

U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer 2m
#USMNT lineup for #USAvCUB: Rimando; Beltran, Onyewu (capt.), Orozco Fiscal, Castillo; Beckerman; Corona, Holden, Shea; Donovan, Gomez

Bit surprised to see no Wondolowski considering his big game against Belize. Guess Klinsmann wants to see how Donovan and Gomez do together.

Nesotenso

U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer 2m
#USMNT lineup for #USAvCUB: Rimando; Beltran, Onyewu (capt.), Orozco Fiscal, Castillo; Beckerman; Corona, Holden, Shea; Donovan, Gomez

Bit surprised to see no Wondolowski considering his big game against Belize. Guess Klinsmann wants to see how Donovan and Gomez do together.

Hope Holden goes 90 and Shea, Corona and Beltran give a good account of themselves.

Nesotenso

Squad looks terrible.

Shea and Castillo have been a waste on the left. Beltran and Corona on the right haven't been great either. No speed or intent here. Rimando doesn't show up when he is counted.

CobbFC09

Squad looks terrible.

Shea and Castillo have been a waste on the left. Beltran and Corona on the right haven't been great either. No speed or intent here. Rimando doesn't show up when he is counted.
Nothing Rimando could really do. Gooch is also to blame for losing his man in the box.

I used to like Shea, too :(

That's why it sucks to see him struggle so badly. But man...he's not doing his thing today at all.

No one is really. No one seems to take anyone on.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Thank goodness they're subbing Shea at the half. Abysmal doesn't even describe that performance, the dude was legit shook out there. He should have been subbed 20 minutes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom