• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobbFC09

NoRéN;86218519 said:
You think so? I think they are screwed either way. By the looks of middle earth(lol cornballer) their air is clean as fuck. The new zealand players are gonna curl up and die in the azteca smog.
If they were to have ANY chance I'd think that be their best. Then again, New Zealand tied Chivas USA 0-0 this past weekend, so I guess I shouldn't expect much.

U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer 3m
Mexico spared through no real effort of their own. Now a chance to snag some frequent flier miles before the holidays with a trip to NZL!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner 1m

Others have said this ... how incredible would it be if New Zealand elected to hold its home leg in Columbus? :)

CRS

And Mexico doesn't owe US anything but a thanks. That's about it.

A couple b-team players wanted some attention, scored a goal or two, and won.

NoRéN

And Mexico doesn't owe US anything but a thanks. That's about it.

A couple b-team players wanted some attention, scored a goal or two, and won.

now there's that mexiclass we all know and love.

Those couple of b-team players helped mexico, this proud and arrogant futbol nation, get into the playoff spot for the world cup.

Damn, Mexico owes the US big time. Huge, huge help for Mexico, who wouldn't be in the World Cup if it wasn't for the US lending them a hand.

smurfx

get some go again
panama

iKf7eTyT7GD54.gif

shoplifter

That goal from Johansson was a straight dagger through the heart. Ice cold from the Ice man. I feel bad for Panama, but I laughed like a madman at that goal.

This. Remember, Panama won a SINGLE MATCH in the hex. They deserve fuck all if they can't hold us off for five minutes and end up conceding TWICE.

Mexico doesn't deserve to go on either, but hey, at least they won TWO of TEN matches

I hope you guys get eliminated by Mexico in the World Cup to punish you for today.

Funnily enough that kinda happened to the women's volleyball team in the 2012 Olympic games. During group play, on the last round, all the US had to do was lose to Turkey and Brazil would have been eliminated and the US ladies would have been in 1st place regardless. The US went on to beat Turkey 3-0 and, because of that, it allowed Brazil get out of group play. The Brazilian National team caught fire for the rest of the tournament and met the US in the finals. Brazil beat US in the finals 3-1.

I do respect that the US plays to win no matter what though. It's one thing I greatly admire about the mentality of the people here.

Costa Rican here. I'm pissed Mexico still has a chance, but my utmost respect for the US and their display of professionalism during this last two games.

daoster

I was watching the Mexico game at a local restaurant, which didn't show the game because it was a Mexican restaurant...but I was following the game on twitter...I was SO conflicted throughout the game, but DAMN, good for us. Mexico get through, not through their efforts, but through ours!

I'm pretty happy.

- MLS Soccer: Three things we learned from the USMNT decision to play all 90
- Grant Wahl: Three thoughts on the U.S.’s come-from-behind win and a crazy night in CONCACAF
- Jeff Carlisle: Graham Zusi, Aron Johannsson spark remarkable U.S. win
- Roger Bennett: The U.S. defeats Panama -- and keeps Mexico's World Cup hopes alive

Roger Bennett said:
. @KyleBeckerman tells me Panamanian players were begging US to take it easy on the field. "I told them I got to play hard to get to Brazil"

Klinsmann: "football writes these big crazy stories but in my culture, the German culture, you never stop before the final whistle"

Klinsmann: at 2-1 you wonder what is going on in the Panama bench. You maybe think they will drop their game

Klinsmann: Panama would have deserved big compliments but they failed to finish us off

Johannsson: When we got to 2-2 we knew Panama would throw everything forward. When I scored I felt a little bit sorry but it was also awesome.

xbhaskarx

@KyleBeckerman tells me Panamanian players were begging US to take it easy on the field. "I told them I got to play hard to get to Brazil"

Klinsmann: "football writes these big crazy stories but in my culture, the German culture, you never stop before the final whistle"

Johannsson: When we got to 2-2 we knew Panama would throw everything forward. When I scored I felt a little bit sorry but it was also awesome.

His entire twitter timeline from the game was pretty great to read through...
https://twitter.com/rogbennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom