• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

n6mars7.png

Michael Bradley is in the Roma squad to face Napoli this weekend. He's in for a fight to get playing time given their midfield and how well the team is playing, but if anyone is up for it, he is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Two takes on the roster for next Summer:

- Brian Sciaretta: 23 Tickets to Brazil
- Galarcep: A look at the projected U.S. World Cup squad

Those are some good reads.

I went on the draw simulator and my first time trying it I found the group of death for us. Look upon it and fear our would be fate.

Group F
Spain
US
Ghana
Italy

We would be so boned if that happened.....I hate Ghana so much...so much guys...

On a positive note for most of the groups I've been seeing, it's more than possible for us to make our way out.

I'm confident now that the US could find their way out of any group they could land in (unless they meet up with Ghana, then it's a wrap). I think the squad is good enough now to where that's a reasonable expectation.

However unless they win the group, they will probably run into a Brazil, Spain, Argentina, or Germany in the group of 16. And while not impossible, I certainly wouldn't favor the US against any of those sides.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

xbhaskarx

This is just Soccer America's match ratings. I'm not really a fan, but it's still interesting...

Hexagonal player ratings

[USA MEN] Jurgen Klinsmann used 33 players in the Hexagonal. Based on each game's Soccer America Report Card, Michael Bradley was the highest-rated player, one of five players who played in at least half of the games and averaged 6.0 or higher. For how the players in the Hexagonal.

Team Ratings:
AVG. GAME

4.45 Honduras-USA (2-1): Report Card
6.55 USA-Costa Rica (1-0): Report Card
5.55 Mexico-USA (0-0): Report Card
6.36 Jamaica-USA (1-2): Report Card
6.91 USA-Panama (2-0): Report Card
6.27 USA-Honduras (1-0): Report Card
4.91 Costa Rica-USA (3-1): Report Card
6.36 USA-Mexico (2-0): Report Card
4.91 USA-Jamaica (2-0): Report Card
4.82 Panama-USA (3-2): Report Card
Note: Starting XI average.

Goalkeepers Ratings:
AVG. PLAYER (GAMES)

6.33 Brad Guzan (3 games played)
6.00 Tim Howard (7 games played)

Defenders Ratings:
AVG. PLAYER (GAMES)

6.17 Matt Besler (6 games played)
6.13 Omar Gonzalez (8 games played)
6.00 Clarence Goodson (3 games played)
5.50 Geoff Cameron (8 games played)
(four games played as midfielder.)
5.40 Brad Evans (5 games played)
5.33 Edgar Castillo (4 games played-3 rated)
(two games played as midfielder.)
5.29 DaMarcus Beasley (7 games played)
3.50 Michael Orozco (2 games played)
---------------------------------------
6.00 Michael Parkhurst (1 game played)
3.00 Timmy Chandler (1 game played)

Midfielders Ratings:
AVG. PLAYER (GAMES)

6.67 Michael Bradley (6 games played)
6.00 Kyle Beckerman (3 games played-2 games rated)
5.83 Fabian Johnson (6 games played)
(Three games played as defender.)
5.71 Jermaine Jones (7 games played)
5.67 Alejandro Bedoya (3 games played)
5.67 Landon Donovan (3 games played)
(One game played as forward.)
5.63 Graham Zusi (9 games played-8 games rated)
5.33 Brad Davis (4 games-3 rated)
5.14 Eddie Johnson (8 games played-7 rated)
(Two games played as forward.)
5.00 Mix Diskerud (3 games played)
4.67 Sacha Kljestan (3 games played)
4.50 Maurice Edu (3 games played-2 rated)
4.00 Danny Williams (1 game played)
nr Brek Shea (1 game played-0 rated)
nr Joe Corona (1 game played-0 rated)
nr Stuart Holden (1 game played-0 rated)

Forwards Ratings:
AVG. PLAYER (GAMES)

6.13 Clint Dempsey (8 games played)
5.67 Jozy Altidore (9 games played)
5.00 Herculez Gomez (2 games played)
4.50 Aron Johannsson (3 games played-2 rated)
5.00 Terrence Boyd (1 game played)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not even little baby Aron Johannsson could sustain himself on 4 cheeseburgers for 42 days.

You guys know what I mean, how many teams go through that many coaches so quickly? It's four coaches in a little over a month.

NoRéN;86580928 said:
Don't be so sure. You know mexico is getting serious when they sign a saiyan as coach

They signed him? This is gonna be good.

Yanks abroad update:

- Chandler with another start this morning for Nurnberg
- Jones isn't in the squad for Schalke because of a knee injury
- Lichaj is sitting out on a suspension due to yellow card accumulation

Nesotenso

Bedoya just scored for Nantes against Ochoa's team. His first goal for the newly promoted team. Came on as a substitute in the last ten minutes because of international duty. He seems to play on the right side or just behind the main striker so that is great for the national team.

Funny thing is as soon as Bedoya scored my Jayhawks got a touchdown. Nantes is a good looking side for a newly promoted one. Jayhawks are probably the worst team in FBS.

Askani

Well Mizzou is doing well so you should be happy. Jayhawks are going to be terrible for a long time. At least Wiggins might give us an exciting basketball season.

I am. I was glad we still almost scored 40 on a ranked team with our backup quarterback. Gives me some hope that we'll stay competitive for the rest of the season. Hopefully I can see us in a good bowl game. Then if I'm lucky I can watch the BBall team have a good season and then get bounced the in the first round of the tourney or something equally stupid.

daoster

NoRéN;86676292 said:
American players really have to stop insisting on moves to the BPL. Jozy was fine playing for AZ Alkmaar. This sucks.

I agree.

And moving to a team that barely avoided relegation last season with an unproven coach with a history erratic behavior! What was Jozy and his agent thinking??

Before the World Cup! And he's our leading striker, who we need to be in a hot streak heading into the World Cup. And our other leading scorer hasn't had consistent playing time and hasn't even scored yet either =\

Hopefully, things look up for Jozy's season.

CobbFC09

So I totally forgot that the USWNT plays today. Picked up my remote and browsing to the Falcons game when I saw that they were on NBC at 1:30 PM ET.

Match info:

U.S. Women vs. Australia Women
The Alamodome; San Antonio, Texas
Oct. 20, 2013 @ 12:30 p.m. CT
NBC

Starting lineup:
@ussoccer_wnt: #USWNT Starting XI: Solo; Dunn, Engen, Sauerbrunn, Klingenberg; O’Reilly, Lloyd, Holiday, Leroux; Morgan, Wambach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom