• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre

I eagerly await for Tim Ream to get experienced enough to take over on this back line. We have to develop someone who can stay composed on the ball and link the attack from the back as opposed to just crushing the ball downfield.

Pre said:
I eagerly await for Tim Ream to get experienced enough to take over on this back line. We have to develop someone who can stay composed on the ball and link the attack from the back as opposed to just crushing the ball downfield.

That's my biggest beef with our play sometimes. It's like...CB gets the ball..BOOM..kick it as far as you can down field and hope Altidore runs up to it.

...basically we need to be just like Argentina. haha

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Crisis said:
You're getting your wish. I don't know much about him. Is he good?

Many are calling him the "next big thing" for the USMNT. Plays for the New York Red Bulls, already has 1 international game winning goal against South Africa and just scored another game winning goal for the Red Bulls in their opener last weekend.

daoster

A little bit better on the offensive side for the US....

Howard with a killer save as well.

And Gooch, always booting the damn ball off the field.

How is it that Arg can pass the ball up and down the field even in small spaces...we get the ball and our dude falls down and slips on the grass. haha man, Arg is so good.

This is good for us though. It's like eating your veggies. It sucks but good for us to play these guys.

EDIT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

daoster

Messi, singlehandedly taking on EVERYBODY.

Yeah Altidore, maybe learn from Messi and not fall every time somebody taps you.

daoster

Dempsey...about to knock some foolz

Edit: Annnnnnnd Gooch, not able to do anything with the ball other than lob it out the field.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
daoster said:
Dempsey...about to knock some foolz

Edit: Annnnnnnd Gooch, not able to do anything with the ball other than lob it out the field.

Ever since you posted about it I've noticed that it's an ongoing trend. He doesn't always have to blast it out of play.

daoster

Judderman said:
Ever since you posted about it I've noticed that it's an ongoing trend. He doesn't always have to blast it out of play.

Yeah...Gooch is a great defender, but....he can't play the ball for SHIT!

Shutting down DiMaria was good.

daoster

What I love about Dempsey is that he doesn't give a fuck if you're a world famous player, he'll get up in your face. If Maradona was playing this game, I can see Demps staring him down, lol.

NoRéN

Judderman said:
Nice attendance.
I'm pretty sure a sell out crowd is a bit more than just nice. Looks good for the gold cup.

Where are the cards for Argentina? Oh, Latin American ref. I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom