• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

daegan

xbhaskarx said:
Okay, I'm not saying he's not class, but as you said, he is rusty. So I'm a bit perplexed that not only is he playing so much for his team, but at LB not CB.

Which YouTube clip to post in response to this? This one, this one, or this one? They all have two things in common: Mexican thuggery and Dos a Cero.

Sorry, was freaking exhausted when I read that. As I understand it, the Dutch league is like, around Bundesliga quality? Maybe a little under? So that's probably why.

Daigoro

Tristam said:
Not promising at all imo. Yeah, the scoreline is nice, but obviously it didn't reflect the flow of the game. The first half was shockingly bad--like, do we not understand the fundamentals of passing and off-the-ball movement? Why do we just hoof it down the field and hope the ball magically lands at an American's feet? It's nice that we improved in the second half, but gawd.

absurd.

Daigoro said:

We'll the commentators said that the US team doesn't get to play together enough to build a chemistry, unlike other teams. I think it hurts us in that sense. Still it was like a tale of 2 halves!

But the USA alternate red was str8 beast. Best looking jersey ever, I hope they never rid of this design. I totally felt patriotic...just needed some small shoulder stars that's all.

I'm still bummed the US isn't playing any Gold Cup matches in Charlotte. It's only an hour away from Columbia, SC so it would have been my first time seeing the guys live.

hom3land

Even though its not the US game I was thinking of getting tickets to the mexico vs cuba game in Charlotte, but damn those are more expensive then i thought they'd be.

As for the USMNT not playing together that much, isnt that true for all national teams?

hom3land said:
Even though its not the US game I was thinking of getting tickets to the mexico vs cuba game in Charlotte, but damn those are more expensive then i thought they'd be.

As for the USMNT not playing together that much, isnt that true for all national teams?

Don't some of the Argentina guys play on the same club team, though? That might be where they get their chemistry. Or at least they might play against each other in Champions League or whatever. I'm grasping at straws here.

Clydefrog said:
USA vs Paraguay tonight! wheee

I asked off work for a Starfucker show up in Chapel Hill.. but I'm not going due to the driver's inability to stay sober. Come to find there's a USMNT game tonight.. fuckyeah.gif!

Gonna pound some 7 Tiki and Cap't Morgan's Private Stock, should be fun.

Slizz

I don't know if this is off base, but I want us to clearly dominate Paraguay tonight.... Paraguay hasn't really been any good for a while, they got lucky in the WC and their talent(the main players) are all a lil past prime. I just want a good showing tonight and def a win.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I hope we play well tonight as a team and get a win. Apparently Howard, Onyewu, and Feilhaber aren't in uniform tonight. I think Benny is injured.

Damn the match isn't going to be on ESPN3, will it have tv coverage at all? aka will I be able to stream it?

Ah nm, google has all the answers. I thought it started at 7pm, it's actually 8pm. Coverage should start around 7:30pm.

sw33tclyde said:
Damn the match isn't going to be on ESPN3, will it have tv coverage at all? aka will I be able to stream it?

Ah nm, google has all the answers. I thought it started at 7pm, it's actually 8pm. Coverage should start around 7:30pm.

on Fox Soccer as well, pregame coverage starting now

xbhaskarx

sw33tclyde said:

It's on Fox Soccer Channel, if you don't have that check atdhe.fm

The US U-20 team will be playing Suriname in the first game of the CONCACAF championships at pretty much the same time, luckily that one is on ESPN3 so people can watch it later if they're interested.

Just heard them talking about the Gold Cup and decided to check out the locations. Ordered 2 seats for me and the gf to the US v. Canada game in Detroit :) My first US National game, I'm excited!!!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
NoRéN said:
This Tim Ream fellow was supposed to be good?

It's his third cap and besides that slip/push that resulted in the goal, he hasn't been doing so bad. =/

DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT MY TIMMEH. >_<

NoRéN

Judderman said:
It's his third cap and besides that slip/push that resulted in the goal, he hasn't been doing so bad. =/

DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT MY TIMMEH. >_<
I guess I was expecting more. Agudelo hasn't been too great either. I really wish he would be used as a supersub. Chandler onthe other hand, has been great.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
NoRéN said:
I guess I was expecting more. Agudelo hasn't been too great either. I really wish he would be used as a supersub. Chandler onthe other hand, has been great.

Yeah I really like what I'm seeing from Chandler.

xbhaskarx

NoRéN said:
This Tim Ream fellow was supposed to be good?
Frankly I've never been *that* impressed by Ream, and even less so by Omar Gonzalez. But then Onyewu was awful on Saturday so what can we do. Hopefully Gale Agbossoumonde and Perry Kitchen will be ready sooner rather than later.

NoRéN

xbhaskarx said:
Frankly I've never been *that* impressed by Ream, and even less so by Omar Gonzalez. But then Onyewu was awful on Saturday so what can we do. Hopefully Gale Agbossoumonde and Perry Kitchen will be ready sooner rather than later.
I can see why anyone would be impressed by Ream based on club play. Same for Gonzalez. But, it's not the the first time a promising player does not play well for country. :(

Who doyou guys want subbed for the second half?

xbhaskarx

Dempsey up top replacing Altidore
Chandler moved to midfield
Lichaj at RB in for Altidore
Bocanegra to LB replacing Bornstein
I'm not sure who else on the roster can play CB but any warm body in for Bornstein

Diskerud in around the 70-75th minute

xbhaskarx

NoRéN said:
I can see why anyone would be impressed by Ream based on club play. Same for Gonzalez. But, it's not the the first time a promising player does not play well for country. :(
I think Ream could still get there eventually, maybe. Gonzalez will probably never have the speed for the international level imo.

daoster

Just got back from work, but I was following the SI stream...Damn, I can't believe we're down 1-0...18 minutes in!

We lasted longer against Argentina!

Come on USA, we need to step the fuck up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom