• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Ahhh, JoJo is so tempting for the price, but that demo was not, uh, fun, not at all. Anybody here own the full thing and have any opinions on it?

Holding out for the Flash Sale (which Wario says usually hits Thanksgiving Day, so hopefully that continues). If not, I'll pick up Telltale Batman and call it a week.

majik13

Those 20% off codes are what come with new playstations right? Says one time per account, I know I used mine last year I'm guessing it won't work again?

I got a launch PS4 and a Launch Pro and I dont know anything about 20% PSN codes being packed in.

Carm

I got a launch PS4 and a Launch Pro and I dont know anything about 20% PSN codes being packed in.

Yea, after another person commented it came with special bundles, I went and looked through my emails from last year. It seems I bought the 20% code last year and my vanilla PS4 came with a ten dollar code.

I was mistaken, my apologies to anyone I confused.

Hopefully the code does work for those who have already used a 20% code in the past.

Mario007

Man I really hope Square discounts Setsuna or Deus Ex or WoFF. I got my hopes up when I saw the large Euro sale but there's no discounts there.

plidex

EU Sale:

Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe is 27% off, Gold edition 19% off
Ratchet & Clank - 50% off
Oceanhorn - 43% off
Driveclub VR - 14% off
Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe - 31% off (wtf? this game hasn't released yet)
Uncharted 4 - 44% off
BF1 - 33% off
Skyrim SE - 38% off
Return to Arkham - 43% off
DE Mankind Divided - 53% off
Lego Star Wars - 60% off
Infinite Warfare - 20% off
Dark Souls 3 - 40% off

Etc etc etc..

The US flash sale better be good. I'm gonna be pissed otherwise.

Mesharey

Anyone knows how much is BF1 in UK store?
At work now and can't access the store.

These sales will be up for a week right?

Edit: apparently 36.99£ and Titanfall 2 for 34.99£.

renzolama

Haven't gotten a code from that latest eBay seller yet.

His feedback is good, so hopefully it isn't a scam.

It's not a scam, it's just a loophole in the terrible ebay feedback system. If a buyer "accidentally" sells you something they can't actually provide, there's a 7-10 day mandated ebay "conflict resolution" period where you basically have to sit around and politely beg the shitbag seller to give you what you paid for. If they can't eventually provide it, ebay will either push the seller to refund you or refund you via their "guarantee" policies, but not before you waste hours of your time dealing with the issues. Here's the great part: as soon as the refund starts, you can't give the seller negative feedback. But, if you give the seller negative feedback beforehand, they can also give you negative feedback as the buyer. So, basically, any user who wants to keep their 100% feedback rating can't ever give a bad review of another user without fearing that their own rating will suffer. As soon as shitbag buyers/sellers figured this out, they started doing whatever the hell they want with the assumption that nobody would be foolish enough to risk their feedback rating by complaining. That's why you can't trust any 100% ratings on ebay and their current feedback system is completely fucked.

I realize this will come across as crazy neckbeard anti-corporate rant, but seriously, don't ever trust ebay. Ebay only cares about it's bottom line, and that bottom line is based on how much money they can shove through their pipeline while minimizing the support/resource costs to facilitate it. They stopped giving a shit about honest buyers/sellers years ago and started catering to scammers because it makes them more money in the long run. You should never assume that any user who commits to a transaction with you will actually complete it because there are almost no repercussions for breaking that commitment in the current system. Try being a seller and having another seller create a fake account to buy your item the second you post it so that your item/price can't compete with theirs. It's a real bad system.

graywolf323

It's not a scam, it's just a loophole in the terrible ebay feedback system. If a buyer "accidentally" sells you something they can't actually provide, there's a 7-10 day mandated ebay "conflict resolution" period where you basically have to sit around and politely beg the shitbag seller to give you what you paid for. If they can't eventually provide it, ebay will either push the seller to refund you or refund you via their "guarantee" policies, but not before you waste hours of your time dealing with the issues. Here's the great part: as soon as the refund starts, you can't give the seller negative feedback. But, if you give the seller negative feedback beforehand, they can also give you negative feedback as the buyer. So, basically, any user who wants to keep their 100% feedback rating can't ever give a bad review of another user without fearing that their own rating will suffer. As soon as shitbag buyers/sellers figured this out, they started doing whatever the hell they want with the assumption that nobody would be foolish enough to risk their feedback rating by complaining. That's why you can't trust any 100% ratings on ebay and their current feedback system is completely fucked.

I realize this will come across as crazy neckbeard anti-corporate rant, but seriously, don't ever trust ebay. Ebay only cares about it's bottom line, and that bottom line is based on how much money they can shove through their pipeline while minimizing the support/resource costs to facilitate it. They stopped giving a shit about honest buyers/sellers years ago and started catering to scammers because it makes them more money in the long run. You should never assume that any user who commits to a transaction with you will actually complete it because there are almost no repercussions for breaking that commitment in the current system. Try being a seller and having another seller create a fake account to buy your item the second you post it so that your item/price can't compete with theirs. It's a real bad system.

buyers can't receive negative feedback anymore, eBay changed that a few years back

renzolama

buyers can't receive negative feedback anymore, eBay changed that a few years back

You're right, I let my rant run away from me. The rules have changed over the past years. Checking the rules again, I was wrong in stating that you can't leave negative feedback as the buyer once you accept a refund, so yeah, my fundamental point about sellers who have positive feedback scamming people is probably incorrect. The buyers would be able to leave negative feedback for those sellers even after requesting their refund with no repercussions (I think?). Sorry, I fucked up on this one. If you bought a bad code you should, at minimum, be able to get your refund eventually.

Unless, of course, you can't prove that you did not receive the code because it was a digital good and has no tracking info. Does ebay require that digital goods be served through their message system so that they can confirm any codes/etc that were sent? Seems like maybe a gray area.

Mad Max is easily one of the 50 best open world games to come out in early September, 2015.

Sick burn bro, your open world game burns are out of control...everyone knows that

Mad Max is a formulaic open world game, but it embraces the formula and makes it enjoyable in a way that very few open world games have over the past couple years. It's not amazing or innovative, but it polishes a lot of the standard open world fodder and manages to look/run amazing on both consoles and PC. RPS listed it first it in the "Best 7/10 Action Games" https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/04/best-average-action-games-on-pc/ , and I would agree and maybe even push it up to an 8/10 if you like the Mad Max world and enjoy driving sick beater muscle cars with spikes that shoot fire. It's absolutely worth <$10.

Any one know when the Flash Sale stuff will be up, Or at least when we'll know what's in it? Tempted to make my one Black Friday purchase from the Nintendo sale instead of waiting for PSN.

...Though if the PS3 and Vita offerings are as sparse as the main sale, I think I'll pass.

If you think buyers have it bad on ebay, try being a seller. People love buying games, playing through them and then returning them a couple months later. Nothing that the seller can do about it. Buyer always wins. With that out of the way, are we assuming these flash sales are going to go up at some random Grace Chen time? I'm trying so hard to hold off on buying some of these deals until the flash sales start but I am so weak!

Any one know when the Flash Sale stuff will be up, Or at least when we'll know what's in it? Tempted to make my one Black Friday purchase from the Nintendo sale instead of waiting for PSN.

...Though if the PS3 and Vita offerings are as sparse as the main sale, I think I'll pass.

I believe the general consensus is that it'll probably be up at some point tomorrow.

rackham

Banned
If you think buyers have it bad on ebay, try being a seller. People love buying games, playing through them and then returning them a couple months later. Nothing that the seller can do about it. Buyer always wins. With that out of the way, are we assuming these flash sales are going to go up at some random Grace Chen time? I'm trying so hard to hold off on buying some of these deals until the flash sales start but I am so weak!

Sony can't POSSIBLY be stupid enough to discount the sale items even further on Friday instead of having new items up for sale....then again, it is Sony. Not exactly at the forefront of digital distribution.

Does anyone have one of those two day PS+ trial codes that I could have? They sometimes come with new purchases, but you can't use it if you've ever had PS+ before. Thanks in advance dudes.

Edit - I'm thinking of getting Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor GotY and Darksiders 2, which would come to $24 with PS+ discounts.

Am I missing something here, will there be a proper sale tomorrow? Maybe I'm just spoiled by Steam where they just discount pretty much entire library and you can buy everything that you wanted to buy.

These are the games I want to buy and none of them have even slightest discount, sad.

World of Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest Builders
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Alienation
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Destiny: Rise of Iron
Shadow of the Beast

Am I missing something here, will there be a proper sale tomorrow? Maybe I'm just spoiled by Steam where they just discount pretty much entire library and you can buy everything that you wanted to buy.

This never happens on PSN

There will be a few more deals in the flash sale on friday though

Ellite25

So I just bought Rainbow Six: Siege for $12.49 after the $10 the randomly gave me and the 10% off coupon. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Toki767

These are the games I want to buy and none of them have even slightest discount, sad.

World of Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest Builders
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Alienation
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Destiny: Rise of Iron
Shadow of the Beast
Dragon Quest Builders is currently $40 for a digital code on Amazon. $20 for a digital code on Vita.

Zolo

Just an update, but I ended up getting a message getting the 20% off code from the Ebay seller and a message about how they got a surprising amount of buys suddenly. Hopefully the codes come through for the other people who bought one.

Toki767

Just an update, but I ended up getting a message getting the 20% off code from the Ebay seller and a message about how they got a surprising amount of buys suddenly. Hopefully the codes come through for the other people who bought one.

I'm guessing me pointing it out in the thread didn't help lol

Top Bottom