• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Carm

So are we sure we are going to get new/better deals or flash sales on friday, or is it only wishful thinking by some gaffers?

When PlayStation blog posted about the sale and coupon they said:

"(including any surprise deals that might come your way later this week *nudge, nudge)."

So it's expected

Fbh

So I kinda want to buy Digimon but I've read lots of comments and reviews saying that while it's good, getting the cooler/more evolved/more powerful Digimon takes a lot of grinding.

Is it really that bad? I'm in the mood for a fun turn based RPG but I no longer have the time or patience to spend hours upon hours grinding.

IbukiLordSA

So I kinda want to buy Digimon but I've read lots of comments and reviews saying that while it's good, getting the cooler/more evolved/more powerful Digimon takes a lot of grinding.

Is it really that bad? I'm in the mood for a fun turn based RPG but I no longer have the time or patience to spend hours upon hours grinding.

The only people that say this are the one's that grinded right at the start of the game trying to get max level digimon and then blast through the game because it's such a cakewalk with such high leveled and evolved digimon.

If you play the game normally and don't have a "must have this digimon now, time to grind" attitude then you will get everything as you progress. Once you get to the end and use some tricks for gaining XP you can take Digimon from level 1 to max in minutes. The hardest thing is really knowing what evolution paths to use for some of them. A handful can be a bit grindy due to some of the stats that they require but the majority are easy to get.

Don't mean to scrounge but I'll ask once more for the last time: does anyone have a PS+ two-day trial code I could have please? If you already have PS+ it's useless as they do not stack, and they're intended for new subscribers.

Thank you in advance. Apologies if there's a dedicated place to ask for this!

I'm playing this game currently and it's absolutely not like that. Having an idea of what you want to go for helps, and there's a lot of things in the game that can help you out with stats and EXP and other things that you'll need for the more advanced digimon. I'm just playing through it normally and have only really grinded in one spot for something that I personally wanted. If you switch your team regularly and do a little bit of mental planning you can raise up your Digimon just fine. I've currently got a mix of ultimates and megas, and keep the megas stored while raising up the rest of my ultimates. And not in small numbers either. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game and I can absolutely recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs and Digimon.

If you want EVERY Digimon in the game, yes, you'll have to grind. But if that's not your goal you can get a large amount of fully digivolved Digimon just by playing intelligently. Oh and get the DLC packs. They're free on PS4 (dunno about Vita).

Don't mean to scrounge but I'll ask once more for the last time: does anyone have a PS+ two-day trial code I could have please? If you already have PS+ it's useless as they do not stack, and they're intended for new subscribers.

Thank you in advance. Apologies if there's a dedicated place to ask for this!

You don't need a code for a 2-day trial of PS+, you can activate the trial on every account that never had PS+ before.

To do you only need access the account on the PS4, then go to SETTING -> Application Saved Data Management -> +Saved Data in Online Storage -> Finally choose the option Try Playstation Plus for 2 Days

ZcI9ONpl.jpg

You don't need a code for a 2-day trial of PS+, you can activate the trial on every account that never had PS+ before.

To do you only need access the account on the PS4, then go to SETTING -> Application Saved Data Manegement -> +Saved Data in Online Storage -> Finally choose the option Try Playstation Plus dor 2 Days

ZcI9ONpl.jpg

Amazing, thank you for that! Now to buy $10 PSN credit and get Mad Max.

Bowl0l

I'm playing this game currently and it's absolutely not like that. Having an idea of what you want to go for helps, and there's a lot of things in the game that can help you out with stats and EXP and other things that you'll need for the more advanced digimon. I'm just playing through it normally and have only really grinded in one spot for something that I personally wanted. If you switch your team regularly and do a little bit of mental planning you can raise up your Digimon just fine. I've currently got a mix of ultimates and megas, and keep the megas stored while raising up the rest of my ultimates. And not in small numbers either. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game and I can absolutely recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs and Digimon.

If you want EVERY Digimon in the game, yes, you'll have to grind. But if that's not your goal you can get a large amount of fully digivolved Digimon just by playing intelligently. Oh and get the DLC packs. They're free on PS4 (dunno about Vita).
Both PS4 and Vita have the same free DLC.

DeviantBoi

Last year's Flash Sale was posted on Thursday.

I wonder if it'll be the same this year or if we are gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

I imagine they want the sale to go live before the staff leaves on break.

Varg

Banned
Does darksider 2 run great on ps4?

Bought it last week during another sale and after 17 hours in I have no problems. Only thing is the bloodless glitch is still in this version so be sure to save before attempting . I'm screwed now so I have to wait for new game plus

Just an update, but I ended up getting a message getting the 20% off code from the Ebay seller and a message about how they got a surprising amount of buys suddenly. Hopefully the codes come through for the other people who bought one.
Got mine ~7 hours later by the Rogerio dude

Syysch

Wait, what 20% code??

So you need to buy them? :/

If you're going to spend $50 or more, you'll save money buying one of these for $4ish.

The 20% ones only work directly through the ps4 right? I still play my ps3 and vita so I'll use the 10% code for those games, if any are worthwhile, havent fully gone through the sale list yet.

I think I'll use the 10% off for the PS4 deals I planned on getting (Hitman, Witcher 3 expansions, Battlefront vanilla) and save the 20% for Cyber Sleuth and Steins;Gate 0 on Tuesday.

Scrawnton

Are they gonna release the flash sale tonight or tomorrow? Amazon has DQ Builders for $40 digital and I want to pull the trigger but I still want to wait to see what Sony drops.

noomi

Rise of Tomb Raider PS4 for $35 on amazon

This is exactly what I was waiting for, and I grabbed it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Tomb-Rai...der+ps4&th=1

Also Assassin's Creed Syndicate for $14.99. I know it is also like this for PSN, but I prefer my games to be physical -

https://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Cre...reed+syndicate

Also, does anyone know a good deal on Uncharted 4? It is the last game I was thinking of purchasing...

Nice thanks for the tomb raider heads up, buying it.

Anyone know if they fixed the input lag problem with it on ps4?

Honestly if I had the 20% off code, id hold on to it and instead use the 10% off code now. Take advantage on something that's really rare and only available for a few days.

Then use the 20% off to buy something new or from another sale.

Also, does anyone know a good deal on Uncharted 4? It is the last game I was thinking of purchasing...

Also wanting to know this. I've searched and found nothing; all the deals are with the slim bundle. Right now, I'm holding out hope for tomorrow's flash sale, as it was 44% off in the EU store last night. Hopefully a similar deal stateside.

Otherwise, I've literally seen nothing.

Top Bottom