• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

J-Skee

So there's literally no reason to buy anything today if there might be a sale on Friday, right? All these prices will still be there Friday +whatever the flash sale is?

You can always buy what's on sale now, if you want. I don't think the any of the games that are on sale now will get cheaper. But other games may go on sale & that 10% coupon only works once, so yeah, it would be better to wait until something happens on Friday.

Miljinor

I just bought SF V season pass on Sunday for the regular price of 29.99. What's the chances of Sony cutting me a kickback to match the black Friday 50 percent off?

5taquitos

Mad Max for $8 is a no-brainer, right?

Right?

Someone talk me out of it.

Alternatively, I can skip Chipotle today... hmm... decisions.

I mean, if you want to be talked out of it...

It's just another open world game filled with pointless side-jobs and repetitive gameplay.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Right?

Alternatively, I can skip Chipotle today... hmm... decisions.

Picked up Mad Max cheap over the summer and absolutely loved it. Still wrapping up many off the side activities for platinum(which can grow tedious), but I found it a relatively great open-world game. Well worth it for $8

Err, so the only different between Battlefront and Battlefront Deluxe are some dinky in-game weapons?

Wondering if it's worth the $2.50 premium.

Tjamato88

Putting Cyber Sleuth in my cart and waiting for the flash sale to see what else is available. I hope Watch Dogs 2 is discounted I'd love to get that.

I should state for the record that I hate Flash sales.
image.php

OT: I'm thinking Shadow of Mordor GOTY and maybe syndicate/Darksiders 2

ZeroX03

Banned
Mad Max is good, people

Putting Cyber Sleuth in my cart and waiting for the flash sale to see what else is available. I hope Watch Dogs 2 is discounted I'd love to get that.

I can't imagine it'll get a discount less than two weeks after release digitally.

Soroc

GameStop is selling it for $10 on BF.

Is this physical store only or can would I be able to buy this from gamestop.com?

Not talking about physical vs digital game for clarification, just looking to avoid the store on BF but still want to order the game!

5taquitos

Err, so the only different between Battlefront and Battlefront Deluxe are some dinky in-game weapons?

Wondering if it's worth the $2.50 premium.

I wouldn't get either, tbh. Try to find a deal on the Ultimate Edition with the season pass.

Deluxe is not worth it at all, the only reason to originally get it was because the early-access weapon you got was OP as fuck. That's no longer the case.

I have Bully on 360 but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Is it worth grabbing the PS4 version? Any advantages other than (I'm assuming) better performance? Just wondering if it's worth spending $9 for a game I already own. Wish MS would just make it bc already.

maxcriden

Max, I still can't get over seeing you in PS4 threads. How have you been enjoying it?

Who, me? I've got a PS2 and 3 hooked up (believe it or not PS2 was one of my main consoles back in the day) but no PS4 yet. Waiting to see how TLG is then will look for one at $150 or less, they're nearing that price on the BST thread right now. any chance you're thinking of my thread about getting an XB1? (Still haven't played it yet, but at $50 or so I couldn't pass it up....)

I mean if you didn't like it, you didn't like it. No need to buy the game then.

But the levels do get larger than the intro ship level.

I like the concept a lot. Finding little things and wondering how they fit into other things is very fun sounding, sneaking around and exploring a huge level sounds awesome. It's definitely what I want. But I just recall the demo chapter being very buggy and the A.I feeling very immersion breaking.

I dont know if it was just unpolished or not

autoduelist

So this Hitman is a good one?

No, the tech issues were actually made worse by patches you can't delete if you buy digitally. Avoid.

Hmm.. are the tech issues in JC3 just 'frame rate drop' type of things [stuff like that doesn't bother me the way it bothers some] or is it stuff like hard crashes, etc?

Right?

I really enjoyed Mad Max. Its positives [vibe, hand to hand combat, etc] outweigh its negatives. It gets a bit repetitive [like any open world game] but they put a lot of time into world design and there are lots of unique things to find.

Ricker

Tempted by Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth at 24 and AC Syndicate at 15(probably 5 bucks more in CAD).

And yes Mad Max is great for 8 bucks.

Syysch

What do you mean, every Friday there are better sales?

Not every Friday, but there's been a flash sale each month for a while now, and it runs Fri-Sun when it happens. It would make sense for one to coincide with Black Friday. There's no harm in waiting to see if one happens (do we have confirmation of one?), anything on sale today will still be on sale then whether one happens or not.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is the 10% code one time use only?

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Honestly mad max is much better than its initial reviews would tell you.
Yes it's repetitive as any open world game. That all comes with some caveats towards the positive
If you enjoy open world games
Enjoy the mad max movies/universe
Like weighty hand to hand combat
Like batman Arkham style combat
Like driving and upgrading shit

Honestly for $8 it's a steal and then some

Meanwhile I debate whether darksiders is worth $6

GunBR

I have Bully on 360 but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Is it worth grabbing the PS4 version? Any advantages other than (I'm assuming) better performance? Just wondering if it's worth spending $9 for a game I already own. Wish MS would just make it bc already.
Bully on PS4 is just a port of the PS2 version with trophies

The 360 is the Scholarship Edition, that has more missions, classes, characters and other stuffs

Top Bottom