• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles |OT| Beautiful art meets genre-redefining gameplay

Durante

Does anyone have a complete Japanese staff list for this game? One that includes the voice actors? Because a few sound quite familiar and I'd like to check.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Durante said:
Does anyone have a complete Japanese staff list for this game? One that includes the voice actors? Because a few sound quite familiar and I'd like to check.

According to GameFaqs:

Japanese voice of Welkin Gunther Susumu Chiba
Japanese voice of Alicia Melchiot Marina Inoue
Japanese voice of Eleanor Varrot Atsuko Tanaka
Japanese voice of Brigitte 'Rosie' Stark Megumi Toyoguchi
Japanese voice of Largo Potter Hisao Egawa
Japanese voice of Isara Gunther Houko Kuwashima
Japanese voice of Faldio Landzaat Takahiro Sakurai
Japanese voice of Zaka Kazuya Nakai
Japanese voice of Cordelia gi Randgriz Mamiko Noto
Japanese voice of Elet Naomi Shindou
Japanese voice of Maximilian Jun Fukuyama
Japanese voice of Selvaria Bles Sayaka Oohara
Japanese voice of Radi Yaeger Akio Ootsuka
Japanese voice of Berthold Gregor Chikao Ootsuka
Director Shuntaro Tanaka
Music Composer Hitoshi Sakimoto

I was playing the game and thinking how a certain song sounded like it was straight from Final Fantasy XII. And what do you know, same composer!

Marina Inoue's performance of Alicia reminds me of her role as Kana from Minami-ke.
And while I haven't seen Cordelia yet, Mamiko Noto is always a plus.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Dead to Rights said:
Did you show your support by buying the Alicia PVC figure? You better say yes!

No I didn't it didn't look right in the pictures, just like the figure on sale for Selvaria.

You know there is something wrong when the cheap $4 figure of her looks better than the $40 one.

Tempy said:
Marina Inoue's performance of Alicia reminds of her role as Kana from Minami-ke.

Fuck yeah

4526e137.jpg

36b16854.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Also: Mario Melchiot and Denny Landzaat were both in the Dutch national soccer team at the same time. With all those Dutch town names, is it a coincidence that the game has characters named Alicia Melchiot and Faldio Landzaat? I think not!

Durante

Kagari said:
Why is there no figures of the male characters. :(
I'm actually tempted to order that pack, specifically because there's no danger of getting mostly figures of male characters :lol

Snaku

Banned
I'd order them, if it weren't for the fact that I'm not guaranteed to get at least one of each. I hate to get 3 or 4 of the same chick. =/

Hcoregamer00

Durante said:
I'm actually tempted to order that pack, specifically because there's no danger of getting mostly figures of male characters :lol

You are telling me, I am buying 9 of them :D

Some so that I can give to my friends as Christmas Presents.

(That's for the second set)

Snaku said:
I'd order them, if it weren't for the fact that I'm not guaranteed to get at least one of each. I hate to get 3 or 4 of the same chick. =/

I got two elanors and one isara, guess what, it will be given as a Christmas present.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Snaku said:

This is why I prefer getting the full retail box at HLJ rather than individual, random boxes at P-A.

The SR Senjo no Valkyrie set has 4 variants and comes in a box of 8. I'm almost sure that means it has 2 full sets of the 4 variants. (There is a 5th variant but that's Eleanor without glasses, so the chances are that you either get 2 Eleanors with glasses, or the 2 different Eleanors.)

While getting a box pretty much guarantees you a full set (I haven't encountered an exception to this rule so far), you will end up with duplicates. I tend to sell those at conventions or online so it's no big deal.

You can also try some smaller shops out there which do sell complete sets of trading figures, but they do charge a lot extra.

Durante

Tempy said:
This is why I prefer getting the full retail box at HLJ rather than individual, random boxes at P-A.
A quick calculation tells me that if you order one box, the chance of getting a full set is just 40%. If you order 2, the chance is 87%, and for 3 it's 98%. For 4 it's 99.6%. So with 1 box the chances are pretty bad actually (unless I messed up).

Hcoregamer00

rykomatsu said:
took you long enough to notice...

I had a feeling since her voice sounded so familiar, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that one of my favorite Anime characters of all time (Layla Hamilton from Kaleido Star) has the same Japanese voice as my avatar (Selvaria Bles).

Quixzlizx said:
It's too bad there's no Selvaria gashapon.

Looking in the preorder artbook I am shocked that Selvaria is the lowest ranking generals of the Drei Stern (or the Triumviri for the USA release). What is up with that?

The other two are Major Generals, but Selvaria Bles is a Brigandier General, a ranking lower than them.

Durante

Hcoregamer00 said:
Looking in the preorder artbook I am shocked that Selvaria is the lowest ranking generals of the Drei Stern (or the Triumviri for the USA release). What is up with that?

The other two are Major Generals, but Selvaria Bles is a Brigandier General, a ranking lower than them.
I'd guess it's just because she only started working as a commander recently. The in-game information does mention that she is undefeated so far.

Hcoregamer00

Kagari said:
Has anyone here heard anything about that Valkyria manga that was supposed to be serialized?

Here is what I found

:(

I hate it when they have "original" storyline with cameo appearances. It worked "very well" for the Phoenix Wright manga.

Durante said:
I'd guess it's just because she only started working as a commander recently. The in-game information does mention that she is undefeated so far.

True, but it is interesting that she is a rank lower than the other two commanders of the Gallia invasion.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hcoregamer00 said:
Here is what I found

I hate it when they have "original" storyline with cameo appearances. It worked "very well" for the Phoenix Wright manga.

True, but it is interesting that she is a rank lower than the other two commanders of the Gallia invasion.

D:

D:

D:

D:....

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Durante said:
A quick calculation tells me that if you order one box, the chance of getting a full set is just 40%. If you order 2, the chance is 87%, and for 3 it's 98%. For 4 it's 99.6%. So with 1 box the chances are pretty bad actually (unless I messed up).

No, retail boxes of trading figures (almost?) always have a full set in it (except when a secret figure is involved).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hcoregamer00 said:
Here is what I found

?
"The Sega strategy/RPG, which is now available for the PlayStation 3, is also being serialized in comic form through Kadokawa Shoten's Comp-Ace."

Hcoregamer00

Tempy said:
?
"The Sega strategy/RPG, which is now available for the PlayStation 3, is also being serialized in comic form through Kadokawa Shoten's Comp-Ace."

Searched it online, found nothing about it.

Durante

Tempy said:
No, retail boxes of trading figures (almost?) always have a full set in it (except when a secret figure is involved).
Ah, I was assuming a random distribution. So the "randomly packed into boxes of 8" just means that they can't tell you exactly which ones you will get, not that it's actually random.

Hcoregamer00

Kagari said:
I love me some 2D mens.

I know what you are importing next

:p

*Ahem* Speaking of the JP VA for Selvaria Bles. She has a lot to live up to, Layla Hamilton was one of the best anime characters to come out in a long time, she had charisma, charm, and lots of personality. Also, for the Valkyria bunch, if you haven't watched Kaleido Star, watch it. Kaleido Star is one of the best anime series to be released in the past decade. The lack of Layla love shows me that more of you bastards need to watch it.

Selvaria has a lot to live up to if she is to live up to the VA's previous role.

rykomatsu

Hcoregamer00 said:
*Ahem* Speaking of the JP VA for Selvaria Bles. She has a lot to live up to, Layla Hamilton was one of the best anime characters to come out in a long time, she had charisma, charm, and lots of personality. Also, for the Valkyria bunch, if you haven't watched Kaleido Star, watch it. Kaleido Star is one of the best anime series to be released in the past decade. The lack of Layla love shows me that more of you bastards need to watch it.

Selvaria has a lot to live up to if she is to live up to the VA's previous role.

Second the Kaleido Star comment...though personally I preferred Oohara Sayaka's voice acting as Hasegawa in Moyashimon...

Durante

rykomatsu said:
Second the Kaleido Star comment...though personally I preferred Oohara Sayaka's voice acting as Hasegawa in Moyashimon...
So she did both Selvaria and Haruka in Moyashimon? I never would have guessed.

rykomatsu

Durante said:
So she did both Selvaria and Haruka in Moyashimon? I never would have guessed.

Belpeore (sp? the chain wielding eye patch wearing one) in shana
Alicia Florence in ARIA
Raquel Casuul in Scrapped Princess
Misumi Kaede in Onegai Teacher
Lelouche in Code Geass

really wide range of stuff...she also voices a good number of announcements at train stations in Japan in I believe the Kanto area.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rykomatsu said:
Belpeore (sp? the chain wielding eye patch wearing one) in shana
Alicia Florence in ARIA
Raquel Casuul in Scrapped Princess
Misumi Kaede in Onegai Teacher
Lelouche in Code Geass

really wide range of stuff...she also voices a good number of announcements at train stations in Japan in I believe the Kanto area.

D:?

Dead to Rights said:
Did you show your support by buying the Alicia PVC figure? You better say yes!

As an avid and hardcore figure collector, I only buy figures of the highest quality. Unfortunately, Sega produced figures are incredibly low quality, so while I really did want to buy a wicked Alicia figure, that option wasn't provided to me. If Sega had pulled some strings with Red Entertainment (the original IP for Sakura Taisen) they could have worked their Red's relations with Good Smile Company with their previous Shuraki hit to produce some excellent VC figures. Considering Red's next project, and the close relation between the Sakura Taisen style, I'm sure Red would have been okay with it.

So yeah, I agree with Hcoregamer... it looked a little off...

Top Bottom