• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vancouver-Age |OT| 125 Years

Gonna do a super quick brewery crawl in a few weeks. Central City in Surrey and Four Winds in Delta. Whenever the wife and I head to Vancouver, we just stay in the city, so I figured I'd drive up and check them out on my own.

^ Can't believe I forgot about that place, I go by it everyday on my way to work... Never been there though, I hear they charge hefty cover charge on weekend (club) nights. Hope that wont be the case to catch a Germany game during the day.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Fou-Lu

I'm going to be in Vancouver for about a week on Sunday. I'll be around West End for most of the time, but I was wondering if there are any good classic game stores I should check out while I'm there.

Also, suggestions on places to take my girlfriend to?

Edit: Oh and I'd like some recs for men's clothing stores too, I need to do some wardrobe restocking.

Nether!

Hey guys, I'm putting on a show this Friday at the art gallery, Hot Art Wet City, down on Main St and I thought I'd post it here if anyone was interested.

A bunch of comedians are going to go through bad comic books MST3K style, making fun of them.

This week we're doing Archie All-Canadian Digest & Kool-Aid Man Adventures.

It's a new show that we're just trying out to see how the concept does.
The venue is really cool and everything we've done here sells out usually.

If you're interested you can check it out here:

http://hotartwetcity.com/comics-on-comics/

Hay Vancouver people <3333

It was February when we did our meet-up at the London, ja? It was so much fuuuuun. I think we should do another one before the summer ends!! :D Thoughts..?

Also is anyone else going to PAX in August? :3

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hay Vancouver people <3333

It was February when we did our meet-up at the London, ja? It was so much fuuuuun. I think we should do another one before the summer ends!! :D Thoughts..?

Also is anyone else going to PAX in August? :3

I invited Peter to stay at my place after PAX, so we should have a FakeGAF Vancouver hangout with him anyway

udiie

hey VancouverGAF
im new to posting here, but since theres a number of you going to PAX i thought I'd ask, do any of you guys have experience with adding on roaming or getting a prepaid for usage when in Seattle? I've managed the past 3 years without one, but I'm getting to the stage where only having hotel wifi is driving me mental. any suggestions?

Firestorm

hey VancouverGAF
im new to posting here, but since theres a number of you going to PAX i thought I'd ask, do any of you guys have experience with adding on roaming or getting a prepaid for usage when in Seattle? I've managed the past 3 years without one, but I'm getting to the stage where only having hotel wifi is driving me mental. any suggestions?
Is your phone unlocked? If so, go to a T-Mobile store and buy a SIM card and go on the $3 per day prepaid plan. Only charged when you use it and it's $3 for the whole day for unlimited text, voice, and data (200 MB 4G, rest is Edge). 200MB should be enough per day unless you're streaming or tethering.

It was ground level window off of Powell St. I stopped middle of the sidewalk to reach for a smoke in my back pack. Once the street traffic noise calmed, I could Hear it right away, it was kinda erotic. Just her moaning. Couldn't hear any bed squeaking, or a dude or any other kinda flesh slapping etc. Just her sexy constant moans. Anyway the 15-20 seconds I was there a homeless looking dude walks by, of course his eyes light up as soon as he hears her too...to not make things awkward I kinda shrug and smile at him, he doesn't smile back, he just gives me the creepy look back, like I'm the creep that's been camping out there. So I said fuck it, I bail ! As I'm walking away I turn around and watch the reactions of these two girls walking by, they start giggling. It felt like a hidden camera, just for laughs gag or something.
hope it wasn't ....nah...

Is your phone unlocked? If so, go to a T-Mobile store and buy a SIM card and go on the $3 per day prepaid plan. Only charged when you use it and it's $3 for the whole day for unlimited text, voice, and data (200 MB 4G, rest is Edge). 200MB should be enough per day unless you're streaming or tethering.

Sounds similar to Roam Mobility. Buy a SIM card here, and for $3.95 per day you get unlimited talk, text, and 300MB data.

http://www.roammobility.com/plans

udiie

Sounds similar to Roam Mobility. Buy a SIM card here, and for $3.95 per day you get unlimited talk, text, and 300MB data.

http://www.roammobility.com/plans

damn those sound great
thanks guys

Hey friends :)

Does anyone know where in the lower mainland I can get my DS modified so I can play a fan translation patch of a DS game that wasn't released here? :3

Cheerilee

Hey friends :)

Does anyone know where in the lower mainland I can get my DS modified so I can play a fan translation patch of a DS game that wasn't released here? :3

You don't mod your DS, you buy a flashcard.

If your DS's firmware is old, you have a much larger selection of old flashcards to choose from, but if you've kept your firmware up-to-date, then you'll probably need to buy the latest, greatest flashcard, which costs more.

I think I saw a flashcard for sale once at GameDeals in New Westminster, but I could be mistaken.

Generally, the thing to do is go to GBAtemp.net and learn as much as possible, including where to buy flashcards online.

You don't mod your DS, you buy a flashcard.

If your DS's firmware is old, you have a much larger selection of old flashcards to choose from, but if you've kept your firmware up-to-date, then you'll probably need to buy the latest, greatest flashcard, which costs more.

I think I saw a flashcard for sale once at GameDeals in New Westminster, but I could be mistaken.

Generally, the thing to do is go to GBAtemp.net and learn as much as possible, including where to buy flashcards online.

GameDeals in New West? Anywhere else, do you think? Crystal Mall, possibly..?

FyreWulff

Finally made it to the Pride block party thing tonight. Was pretty cool. People don't know how to walk past a crowd properly, tho

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Are people going to Anime Revo this weekend? I was thinking on dropping by the BBCP tournament tomorrow.

So an older dude on a bike near Main and Broadway wanted to sell me an "iPad Air 64gb, in the box" for 100 bucks today, when I showed hesitation, he immediately lowered the price to 60, and when I said I don't even have that much on me, he asked "how much do you have on you?"

I said "maybe about 30 bucks" he said ok..."30 bucks"

This guy was gonna sell me an iPad air 64gb for 30 bucks!
I was soo tempted...

What could have possibly gone wrong? (An honest question)

Possible Scenarios:

1) He may be working with the cops? I mean, could you even be arrested or fined for buying goods from the street? Is that illegal? (a'la prostitution?)

2) He may have mugged me

3) Sold me a sealed iPad box full of sand or/and stones?

One of those things I am really curious about now....

So an older dude on a bike near Main and Broadway wanted to sell me an "iPad Air 64gb, in the box" for 100 bucks today, when I showed hesitation, he immediately lowered the price to 60, and when I said I don't even have that much on me, he asked "how much do you have on you?"

I was soo tempted...

Possible Scenarios:

1) He may be working with the cops? I mean, could you even be arrested or fined for buying goods from the street? Is that illegal? (a'la prostitution?)

2) He may have mugged me

My buddy got scammed by this dude a few months back. It was the third option- or something close to it. I forget exactly how it went, but he ended up losing his $ 100.

FyreWulff

99% chance it's a box of rocks. 1% chance it's stolen and is unusable anyway from being locked.

A similar scam I saw near cambie was a guy that claims he needs shoes. people will buy him shoes, he'll sell them and go back to the street with bare feet and his sign again.

99% chance it's a box of rocks. 1% chance it's stolen and is unusable anyway from being locked.

A similar scam I saw near cambie was a guy that claims he needs shoes. people will buy him shoes, he'll sell them and go back to the street with bare feet and his sign again.

Who the hell is buying his shoes from him?

So hey, Vancouver GAF, I just moved here for school. First time I've been on my own so I guess, I'd appreciate any tips with this city.

I guess my first question here would be...what's the best ISP here?

Firestorm

So hey, Vancouver GAF, I just moved here for school. First time I've been on my own so I guess, I'd appreciate any tips with this city.

I guess my first question here would be...what's the best ISP here?
Telus and Shaw are our two main ISPs and are way better than Bell and Rogers.

http://www.shaw.ca/student/
http://www.telus.com/student

They're about the same level of service. If your building gets Novus, get that for sure.

I was soo tempted...

Possible Scenarios:

2) He may have mugged me

WHAT'S IN THE BOX!

Make him open the box at gunpoint, Johnny.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Winter is here, you guys. Look at them rain :(

It was quite delayed tbh. Best summer in Vancouver in a while, RIP. Also, tonight I did the night race in Stanley Park and managed to run 5k without feeling knee pain, so happy! :D

Top Bottom