• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

GrayFoxPL

I lost to somersault spamming. Embarassing.

Btw. How to deal with Vanessa spaming K,D+K? That two part kick that hooks head and turn you to the side. Cunt jab doesn't stop it, that kick has better priority. Annoying shit.

Dariso

Neo Member
I noticed something the second I moved a character. I couldn't believe it...
Am I really the only one that noticed the game has weird image processing?
The game has micro ghosting. Leaves an after image of a frame or two for a fraction of second. I noticed it right away as I played quite a lot of vanilla before FS release.

Ps3 version here, funny that's the first thing i noticed while playing my first match, and I have never played vanilla so i can't compare it to that one.
Played in the grassland stage and yeah saw that weird effect.
I don't have any tech knowledge on the matter but i looked like some weird motion blur or something like that. It really leaves the impression of ghosting problems with the image. Weird

GrayFoxPL

Ps3 version here, funny that's the first thing i noticed while playing my first match, and I have never played vanilla so i can't compare it to that one.
Played in the grassland stage and yeah saw that weird effect.
I don't have any tech knowledge on the matter but i looked like some weird motion blur or something like that. It really leaves the impression of ghosting problems with the image. Weird

Thanks for impressions, I thought I was going crazy.

Somersault does retarded damage. Shit is half of a launcher combo by itself. Whenever someone landed it at NCR, my buddy would yell out reversal super.

Eccocid

Bought it right after they updated EU store lol

Such ana mazing netcode. It works great and plays great.

Except they should nerf Jacky...or remove him from game.

Also i was expecting a kumite/quest mode :/

There is none. Also i thought there will be some collectiable items besides DLC via quest mode boho.

Add me if u wanna play. GimmeCat is my Psn name.
My main is Kage.

STG

bought the complete edition, so godlike
the online mode is simply glorious

only problem is, my muscle memory is still in VF5 vanilla mode, and it looks like I have to learn everything again, but somehow that is fantastic

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Game is soo good.

Played a few online matches last night and went 9-1 which I was pretty happy with considering I'm a n00b.

Got to my tenth match and had a very good Japanese Akira player whoop my ass.

Can't wait to play again tonight.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Some things look and sound off. I think they compressed game to fit it in 2gb.

Why would it affect the PS3 version, then? As far as I know, there's no file size limit there.

Unless it's a case of MS' supposed policy of "games can't look better on other systems" at work.

Or Sega being lazy.

Disappointing, in any case.

GrayFoxPL

I just remembered something.

One guy had a mic and "played" Jacky. He wasn't really playing just waited when Jacky did that auto punch parry with fancy animation. Right then he shouted: HOKUTO!

Every time with punch parry. HOKUTO! He played just for that. :D

Some players are nutjobs. ;)

Why would it affect the PS3 version, then? As far as I know, there's no file size limit there.

Unless it's a case of MS' supposed policy of "games can't look better on other systems" at work.

Or Sega being lazy.

Disappointing, in any case.

Both consoles got the same version. Same file size.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I just remembered something.

One guy had a mic and "played" Jacky. He wasn't really playing just waited when Jacky did that auto punch parry with fancy animation. Right then he shouted: HOKUTO!

Every time with punch parry. HOKUTO! He played just for that. :D

Some players are nutjobs. ;)

LOL! Those are the kinds of matches where I wish replays (when available) saved voice chat too!

Really enjoying just messing with the tutorials, but the sheer amount of moves in this game is quite the mind fuck for my tiny 2D fightin' brain.

Currently trying to learn Eileen and failing miserably at it.

I'm loving this game more than anything I've put my hands on in over a decade. Right now I'm rocking Hollywood Wolf Hogan, The Brad Show™, and Ken Kujo.

And I'm SO terribad, but I'm determined to learn this game.

COME AT ME BROS

GrayFoxPL

LOL! Those are the kinds of matches where I wish replays (when available) saved voice chat too!

Oh yes. One of the first matches I had I met a dude that I think won his fights by making opponents laugh and lose concentration. He wasn't any good at the game but man that chatter on the mic.

"Ohhh you like dis don't you? Huh? Huh? So this is how it is?! You giving me this? I show ya, I show ya, c'mon." etc.

But he was talking constantly, during moves, after KO. He wasn't really swearing but the way he was talking - like a whispering gangsta felt like he was true comedian. I laughed and barely hit the buttons. :D

Dude was gold.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I suck playing online and have no real desire to, is there any other modes than just arcade for SP?

This is truly a shame - not really, there's no other real reason to play unless you like practice. Sure, there's Score Attack and Special Sparring if you bought the item pack but uh...nah.

We're talkin bout PRACTICE.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Really enjoying just messing with the tutorials, but the sheer amount of moves in this game is quite the mind fuck for my tiny 2D fightin' brain.

LOL don't panic. Just remember that you don't have to use them all; experiment with a few basic ones, see how far they take you, and once you begin to run out of tools, try out a few more.

Eventually you build up your personal 'deck' of basic moves, even more so than a 2D fighter, and more so than some other 3D fighters.

Socreges

Banned
I feel like for the people who are basically new to the game (I've played VF before, but am essentially starting from zero again), we should share gamertags so we're not getting obliterated every time we go online.

Does that make any sense?

I haven't actually tried going online yet. I just assume I wouldn't have a chance.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade

If you aren't used to it, just play, don't look at the move list. Just jump in matches and get a feel for the flow and timing of the game. that way you won't get overwhelmed.

SickBoy

If the game itself is 1.9GB and the DLC is about 1.9 as well, then I don't think the game should be taking cuts in terms of textures or other areas.

The install size for the full game on 360 was 3.4GB. Certainly there's a little more here in some ways (two new fighters and probably a lot more items), but the game doesn't have all the features of its disc cousin (no quest mode and therefore none of the AI info that makes many of the quest "characters" distinctive, commentary). Anyhow, if they were truly scrimping for space, I would expect the game to clock in at about the same size as VF5 Online, if not a little smaller.

Pondering whether to get the outfit packs while they're discounted on PS+, but I'm a little disappointed that the game lacks Quest. I'll probably play a fair bit on PSN while the game is still buzzing and then maybe retreat back to VF5 Online for single-player...

Oh yes. One of the first matches I had I met a dude that I think won his fights by making opponents laugh and lose concentration. He wasn't any good at the game but man that chatter on the mic.

"Ohhh you like dis don't you? Huh? Huh? So this is how it is?! You giving me this? I show ya, I show ya, c'mon." etc.

But he was talking constantly, during moves, after KO. He wasn't really swearing but the way he was talking - like a whispering gangsta felt like he was true comedian. I laughed and barely hit the buttons. :D

Dude was gold.

On Xbox, I played with a headset for maybe 5 or 10 matches total. Ran into a Lei Fei player who was just yelling "hiiiya, yaaaa, hiiiiiya." into the mic. That was when I decided silent was better.

There is definitely some compression worked on ( I assume because of the 2GB limit) as the round counter is pixelated as fuck. But it's not gamebreaking, they can fix this with a patch.

GrayFoxPL

I haven't actually tried going online yet. I just assume I wouldn't have a chance.

Not really. Right now there are is a mass of noobies online. Of course some of them will probably leave but right now it's the best time to just jump in and have fun without getting owned.

I'm a noob myself but to who I lose is random. I had just 100 fights and the other guy had 3. Ha! Fresh pray! - I think and proceed to get beaten like a redhead stepchild.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Are we sure the compressed sounding round announcer isn't stylistic compared to VF5? Capcom keeps doing the same thing in their fighting game updates :p Every iteration adds a filter to make the announcer sound more electronic.

On Xbox, I played with a headset for maybe 5 or 10 matches total. Ran into a Lei Fei player who was just yelling "hiiiya, yaaaa, hiiiiiya." into the mic. That was when I decided silent was better.

This made me LOL. You should have started yelling back with your own noises.

GrayFoxPL

Are we sure the compressed sounding round announcer isn't stylistic compared to VF5? Capcom keeps doing the same thing in their fighting game updates :p Every iteration adds a filter to make the announcer sound more electronic.

Didn't listen to the announcer really, but some of the voices in win quotes and some hit sfx caused to "?" materialize above my head MGS style.

I probably wouldn't notice anything if I didn't play so much of vanilla before to get ready.

Shame we can't choose arenas in ranked. Sometimes I keep getting the same 3 stages while others pop up rare. I want that one with wet surface when you kick up streams of water. :(

VF3 soundtrack FTW!

Wonko_C

It's not just the announcer (but he probably is meant to sound like that) the fighters voices sound compressed too. As I hear the PS3 version is the same, I'll buy the 360 version then. (have spare points)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The announcer isn't the same as the VF5 Vanilla announcer, it is a stylistic change.

Thank god, too - it was Jacky's VA! :| Always weirded me out, same with SSF4 with Sagat being the announcer.

Top Bottom