• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

Takuan

You can come into our game if you want if ut on PSN.
I'm done for the night, but thanks! I'm still don't really know how to capitalize off big hits with Goh, but I'm starting to get a better handle of how the game works in terms of frame advantage/disadvantage. Anyone with more familiarity with the series would be able to destroy my elbow and low punch spam strategy.

I am indeed a GAFer! PSN: Jo_Jo_X

GGs though. I will figure out defending lows some day. -___-
That was fun, I think you came out on top every battle where you were the aggressor. Just don't use big attacks to open, an elbow/low punch will override them every time.

Does the game itself have any unlockables like new costumes?
All new costume pieces beyond the base costumes in the game have to be purchased through DLC.

The only unlockable in the game to my knowledge is Dural, the last boss.

Edit: I think you actually only get two costumes per character if you don't buy the DLC.

No, they're available from the start, but you can only choose two. You have to set which two you want as default.

Maybe I am totally missing the option, where do you do that?

I go to the Terminal, and the Customize option is grayed out. That's where I thought you set them in VF5 vanilla.

Endo Punk

All new costume pieces beyond the six base costumes in the game have to be purchased through DLC.

The only unlockable in the game to my knowledge is Dural, the last boss.
I guess I'll wait for DLC bundle pack and offers since you can only purchase character items individually which sucks

I guess I'll wait for DLC bundle pack and offers since you can only purchase character items individually which sucks
There's already two bundles that group all the items together. Plus, there's a bundle that gives you the game and all the DLC at once. (Though you probably already have the game.)

Shearie

I go to the Terminal, and the Customize option is grayed out. That's where I thought you set them in VF5 vanilla.

Yeah. If that is true I also have no idea where to select the other 4 costumes when you haven't bought any of the DLC.

Wow this is cool. I only bought vanilla and thought I only had A and B. But I guess we get A, B, C, D, S and ?

Wow this is cool. I only bought vanilla and thought I only had A and B. But I guess we get A, B, C, D, S and ?

I think there is only 4 in Vanilla actually. I could be wrong. But that is were you set which 2 you wanted available at the character select screen.

I don't know where to set it in FS now, haha. I am probably blowing it. I can't find the option. I hope I don't need the DLC.

DR2K

Banned
What the hell is up with the floaty jumps? I see higher level players using it a lot. It looks so awkward and out of place. Like jumping in a FPS bad.

Woo! Got a win on the way out. :lol

Yeah, don't mean to seem like that's why I quit tho. I've just been playing for a good long ass while. It's weird though, the first match you were total trash, what was going on there? The rest you were neck and neck with the rest of us, but that first match was just a cakewalk.

fernoca

Since there's seem to be a mix-up...
Without the DLC, you only get costumes A and B. You can switch them while selecting characters by pressing/holding Start while choosing a character at the character select screen.

After you get a DLC (either both bundles or individual packs); you go to the Terminal and choose to edit/customize a character. You can store 5+ (10?) customizations per character (and name them too). This packs unlock 4 additional costumes. Now, you can choose costumes A, B, C, D, E and S by pressing Start and changing the costume on the customization screen.

There you also choose which items to add or remove per area (head, face, legs, etc.). Each customized character has up to 10 points. Each item can cost either 0 points or 1, 2...4 points depending on what you want to add; so is not like you can put everything and the kitchen sink in one character. :p

After all's said and done, you can choose the custom character by putting the cursor over the character and pressing X/Square in the character select screen , then choosing the custom you want.

But, as noted. The main game without DLC only includes 2 costumes (per character: A and B). And for Special Sparing Mode, you need to own all character packs (or both bundles).

Yeah, don't mean to seem like that's why I quit tho. I've just been playing for a good long ass while. It's weird though, the first match you were total trash, what was going on there? The rest you were neck and neck with the rest of us, but that first match was just a cakewalk.

I think with me its that I'm still trying to play it like evo and 5. Blah

I rarely start out confident in what I want to do. The more I play the better I get a handle on how I want to approach things. Plus I'm a VF noob.

alstein

Often it takes time to figure out what tools you need to face someone. In ranked matches about 25-30% of my wins I do terrible the first one or two rounds then run back 3 rounds hard.

I think with me its that I'm still trying to play it like evo and 5. Blah

No no! Not you! Famicom. The first match against Famicom was totally different than all the others.

I rarely start out confident in what I want to do. The more I play the better I get a handle on how I want to approach things. Plus I'm a VF noob.

Yeah man, the more aggressive you were the better you did. Specially with a rushdown guy like Jean. Those block strings are annoying as shit.

Top Bottom