• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
it was a live stream, so no unfortunately :/
They don't know english very well either. Not like Kamaage & Itabashi

Shirt, I think your a closet Blaze player :) We need to battle again. But this time, F10. None of that room shit. That salsa dance(Tiger Step) is ready for you once again :)

Wonderful. So I tried to play this last night on PS3 and it said it was expired even though I purchased the Complete Edition after I played the free version. Went through my download list and found all the DLC but no game. There is no trace of the complete edition on the store either of course. And the regular edition doesn't have a download button on the store either even though I'm still a PS+ member.

So I email Sony, got a reply back basically telling me, "LOL You probably didn't download it on your account because it ALWAYS shows up no matter what. noob."

I proceed to call, they look through my download list, tell me it's there, and I tell them "Yes, that's the DLC! Not the game..."

I have to call back again! This time they tell me I can get a refund, but it's not guaranteed I'll get it and will have to wait 7-10 days for the decision. So I'm without Virtua Fighter 5 for even longer now and with the way things are going, I will probably get screwed out of the refund.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wonderful. So I tried to play this last night on PS3 and it said it was expired even though I purchased the Complete Edition after I played the free version. Went through my download list and found all the DLC but no game. There is no trace of the complete edition on the store either of course. And the regular edition doesn't have a download button on the store either even though I'm still a PS+ member.

So I email Sony, got a reply back basically telling me, "LOL You probably didn't download it on your account because it ALWAYS shows up no matter what. noob."

I proceed to call, they look through my download list, tell me it's there, and I tell them "Yes, that's the DLC! Not the game..."

I have to call back again! This time they tell me I can get a refund, but it's not guaranteed I'll get it and will have to wait 7-10 days for the decision. So I'm without Virtua Fighter 5 for even longer now and with the way things are going, I will probably get screwed out of the refund.

Er-Have you looked in the PS+-only download list? IIRC there's a separate section just for PS+.

LakeEarth

Oh, so you can always be demoted once you're passed the Dan phase. I thought once your background turned silver you passed a "checkpoint' of sorts. Apparently not.

Sucks though, I enjoy challenging really good players who use odd characters for the experience. But if you lose 5 times in a row, it's basically an auto-demotion.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I was playing awesome today, beat a bunch of good people, ranked up, and like alway Vigaku shows up and beats me into submission. Who is this guy, anyone know? I won one match out of about 50.

Shidosha

Oh, so you can always be demoted once you're passed the Dan phase. I thought once your background turned silver you passed a "checkpoint' of sorts. Apparently not.

Sucks though, I enjoy challenging really good players who use odd characters for the experience. But if you lose 5 times in a row, it's basically an auto-demotion.

I see demotions as reinforcements to learn & get better under pressure.

I was playing a defender that was obviously an accnt recreator. Still he was very solid.

I got demoted from assassin and then stepped it up & got to Shatterer :D

Shidosha

I was playing awesome today, beat a bunch of good people, ranked up, and like alway Vigaku shows up and beats me into submission. Who is this guy, anyone know? I won one match out of about 50.

wait, he actually played you more than 3 matches? interesting...

Edgeward

Wow, there was also something similar with people that bought Borderlands and have it expire. Hope that all gets sorted out, that is ridiculous.

Bog

Junior Ace
So I've realized it's basically impossible to get started online with this game now. As a 10th Kyu, any match I'm close to winning gets a disconnect. Is this 2003 playing some CvS2 on XBL? So pathetic. Apparently it's worth the disconnect rating to not lose to someone ranked that low?

Congrats to Methuselah9869 for being an especially large bitch.

alstein

PSN has some problems right now since the last firmware update, but you shouldn't get disconnects at low ranks unless people are real silly- because you get pts for losing.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
If anyone wants to play some VF5 on PS3, hit me up at "Pak38". I'm on the East Coast if it matters.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
So I've realized it's basically impossible to get started online with this game now. As a 10th Kyu, any match I'm close to winning gets a disconnect. Is this 2003 playing some CvS2 on XBL? So pathetic. Apparently it's worth the disconnect rating to not lose to someone ranked that low?

Congrats to Methuselah9869 for being an especially large bitch.

Seriously? I am sorry about that. If I ever met you I would have stayed. I am surprised people are being like that.

Kyouji

Hooray another east coaster! I'm playing SFxT tonight, but next time you're on, post up! I look forward to some games :D

Great. Go ahead and add me if you want. I ended up playing some randoms in Ranked; really need to work on my Sarah.

AAK

Wow, was about to get demoted, won 3 in a row, lost the 4th (against someone higher ranked) and got demoted. How does that work?

You lose significantly more battle points when you lose compared to how many you gain when you win. Hence that's why that happened.

Great. Go ahead and add me if you want. I ended up playing some randoms in Ranked; really need to work on my Sarah.

Cool, I play Sarah too. Along with Aoi.

alstein

You lose significantly more battle points when you lose compared to how many you gain when you win. Hence that's why that happened.

That depends on how close you are in rank to the other person. Playing same rank has the most impact. They're not good for my sodium level.

The only matches I can find are ranked. So, if I don't want to get demoted, I can't really experiment with characters other than my main.

If anyone has a casual room going, invite me PSN: biscuit5001

I'm usually on in the evening. Louisiana.

AAK

The AI is pretty fun to play against. So if you want to experiment with a new character I do a lot against the computer on the special sparring mode. (But you need the full version of the game to get that mode)

That depends on how close you are in rank to the other person. Playing same rank has the most impact. They're not good for my sodium level.

That's true, but I was just explaining why the fact that losing 1 match undoes almost 3 matches of winning. If you are a defender against another defender or whatever rank, if you lose you lose X amount of BP, if you win you gain Y amount of BP. X >> Y. And yes, the core value of the BP gained/lost rises the closer you are to the rank of the opponent.

That's true, but I was just explaining why the fact that losing 1 match undoes almost 3 matches of winning. If you are a defender against another defender or whatever rank, if you lose you lose X amount of BP, if you win you gain Y amount of BP. X >> Y. And yes, the core value of the BP gained/lost rises the closer you are to the rank of the opponent.

So losing to a 9th Kyu as a barbarian is better than losing to a hunter or 10th dan?

Interesting.

Just got my Defender rank. Hooray!

The AI is pretty fun to play against. So if you want to experiment with a new character I do a lot against the computer on the special sparring mode. (But you need the full version of the game to get that mode)
Yeah! I always warm up in the special sparring mode. I always do VERY HARD / 3 matches / 45 seconds. I beat all of them a couple days ago.

Kyouji

Messing around in practice; if anyone wants to play some friendly matches, message Pak38 on PSN.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

OMG there's Live Transcripts/Subtitles on these.

<3 <3 <3 YOU SEGA. <3

Someone is reading this thread? Nahhhhh

(Though you guys need to go in and edit some of it. "Add this to your office?" Yeaaaaaah)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I haven't verified this for myself, but one Japanese player that I follow got all the way up to Darkslayer rank, but then got pissed off during his demotion match because of lag and ragequit.... and got sent back down to Hunter LOL

alstein

I haven't verified this for myself, but one Japanese player that I follow got all the way up to Darkslayer rank, but then got pissed off during his demotion match because of lag and ragequit.... and got sent back down to Hunter LOL

It happened to me as well, Shidosha knows about this as well, doesn't even need a real ragequit, just turning the system off at the end of the match can do it. I raised a polite fuss on VFDC asking about it.

I know it happened to one other person online at least.

Sega does need to patch this game for this and the PSN issues right now.

AAK

Sega does need to patch this game for this and the PSN issues right now.

Seriously. I'm having a whole lot of fun with this game but the matchmaking and lobby systems are horrid. Why is "Same Region" restricted to my country??? No one plays this in Canada! And when I do Worldwide I'm usually stuck playing people most probably from small countries around the world. Same Region should be based off of the continent. And of coarse, the wretched timer wasting so much time in between matches. Please patch this Sega :(

LakeEarth

Seriously. I'm having a whole lot of fun with this game but the matchmaking and lobby systems are horrid. Why is "Same Region" restricted to my country??? No one plays this in Canada! And when I do Worldwide I'm usually stuck playing people most probably from small countries around the world. Same Region should be based off of the continent. And of coarse, the wretched timer wasting so much time in between matches. Please patch this Sega :(

This is true for most recent fighting games. It's awful if you're Canadian cause you know there are 10x more Americans playing, you know your connection is likely to be good with them, but when you pick "worldwide" you constantly get challenged by European players with 1-bar connections.

I don't get why they don't wise up.

Random disconnects and errors.

This happened to me twice yesterday.

AAK

Constantly getting errors today as well :/ Dunno what's up.

This is true for most recent fighting games. It's awful if you're Canadian cause you know there are 10x more Americans playing, you know your connection is likely to be good with them, but when you pick "worldwide" you constantly get challenged by European players with 1-bar connections.

I don't get why they don't wise up.

I know Tekken 6 let you search by continent. That was a Godsend. I hope devs read this thread.

Top Bottom