• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
ft10? anybody? Xbox Live: Ur Not Shidosha - message me! I'll accept invites for another hour

Hey I think we played the other day! Your pai was pretty amazing. Did things I have never seen before. I was the Aoi and El Blaze player Formalism.

Sadly I can't join you now, need to make dinner, but next time!

Edgeward

I'm gonna hop on PSN an hour from now and try to get some matches in. If anyone wants to play let me know.

Edgeward34

It's a little annoying since I haven't put a lot of time in the game that people will just auto kick me because of my low rank when 80% of the online population is barbarian/defenders now and I only got around 60 ranked matches under my belt.

soakrates

I'm gonna hop on PSN an hour from now and try to get some matches in. If anyone wants to play let me know.

Edgeward34

It's a little annoying since I haven't put a lot of time in the game that people will just auto kick me because of my low rank when 80% of the online population is barbarian/defenders now and I only got around 60 ranked matches under my belt.
I'm down to play in a bit, but I'm at work right now and it'll take me a little while to get home. How long will you be playing?

Shouta

I got to play with GentlemanThief a bit on PSN today. I definitely need to get my defense a little more consistent and deal with relentless mid pressure.

AAK

Sent

ARgh, I hate how we have to stop the lobby to wait for someone to join! Doesn't make sense why someone can't join midmatch.

EDIT: You online Tera? Did you receive the invite?

Edgeward

GGs everyone. Got a lot of work to do again, but was fun regardless. Time flew by.

Sucks that both matches kept getting DC'd Soak. No idea why that is. You're the only one that's happened to.

soakrates

GGs guys. Had fun.

GGs everyone. Got a lot of work to do again, but was fun regardless. Time flew by.

Sucks that both matches kept getting DC'd Soak. No idea why that is. You're the only one that's happened to.
I thought we only got DC'd once, but it's no big. Some advice: You need to start making the most of your damage opportunities. You scored a lot of counter-hit crumples but didn't follow up on them. Also you were attacking out of disadvantage a lot, but that might have a bit to do with you not knowing Lei Fei very well.

AAK, fun matches against your Sarah. I really had to start mixing things up to beat you. Shame it was a little laggy. Turns out my roommate was on Netflix, which might explain why I got disconnected from Edgeward as well. :/

Edgeward

Yea, I need to figure out better crumple combos. I don't know a lot of Lei Fei so things like him countering(?) with his back turned confused me. Still learning 3D fighters so I get mindless every so often

AAK

AAK, fun matches against your Sarah. I really had to start mixing things up to beat you. Shame it was a little laggy.

Yeah, guilty as charged. Was seriously taking advantage of all the lag as much as I could with the unpunishable flip kicks and constant unsafe circulars :p

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
Ugh - i'm getting better, but i'm still a long way off.

Vs GentlemanThief #1 - 6-10 him
Vs Denkai - 3-10 him
Vs Chief Flash 8-10 him
Vs GT #2 - i don't even know, i forgot to count. I won alot, but he won alot more

my defense is so SHIT!
shitty shitty shitty shitty shitty

Malajax

Got up to Hunter rank last session. Now, I can be truly exposed as a fraud!

My Wolf isn't that good to begin with. Hopefully I can do better going forward.

alstein

Ugh - i'm getting better, but i'm still a long way off.

Vs GentlemanThief #1 - 6-10 him
Vs Denkai - 3-10 him
Vs Chief Flash 8-10 him
Vs GT #2 - i don't even know, i forgot to count. I won alot, but he won alot more

my defense is so SHIT!
shitty shitty shitty shitty shitty

I feel against top players my offense is shit. So much of my stuff gets countered.

YOu do a little better than me against them, though I do better against some top players than others.

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
I uploaded a replay of 1 of the matches between me & GT - I lost of course, but it was a good match none the less
Check the taka replays on XBL

Shouta

Shiro's Blaze tutorial wasn't too bad. Mostly stuff I already know but just haven't really integrated yet. Hopefully someone gets it put up on Youtube though, so I can grab some spot stuff here and there.

He's definitely playing it safe though with his recommendations. Gotta be a little bold and brave at times.

Top Bottom