• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't realize the older you get, the more you are stuck in your ways. He's not drastically changing from 59 to 69. Bit from 20 to 30 or 10 to 20 makes a huge difference. This argument can eat a dick.
Yup.

It's very illogical and low information. Perhaps additional human development/early childhood education in high school would inform them of that.

thumbnail.php

It's over, isn't it?
Isn't it over, isn't it?

After all those years, I never thought I'd lose

Ithil

John Kasich was the only republican candidate during the primaries who I wouldn't be utterly and completely embarrassed by

The problem is the base, though. The base doesn't want a John Kasich. The GOP is on permanent regional status.

It's a shame he has the same awful views and policies as the other GOP, because he at least conducts himself in a respectable manner and didn't "fall in line".

I wish I could get every one of these Republicans calling for Trump to step down and Pence to take over the nomination alone in a room, on camera, one at a time and ask them:

"How do you expect us to believe that you didn't already know Trump was a person not worth supporting?"

The truth is, they're not pulling their support now because he's a terrible person. If any of them had seen this tape privately, they wouldn't have done the same. They're pulling support now because he's so much more likely to lose.

We need an emergency Keepin it 1600 podcast

Yeah, I downloaded the current one and haven't listened. It seems like it's years old, since it came out before this story.

Biske

Ya, it's also the sexual assault but he's said he could shoot a person on the street and retain his base. He's said he'll kill family members of accused terrorists. He's said all kinds of racist and sexist things not just during the election but for his whole career. There's something to the use of the word "pussy". If he had implied sexual assault without using blatant language, I wonder if this would have blown up.

I honestly think it wouldn't have. Pussy boils it all down to one very uncomfortable sore spot.

For most people there is no acceptable time or place to use that word.

It really is a nuclear bomb.

You can't just run away when Donald Trump is grabbing you by the pussy

Burt

I need a CC Roast of Donald Trump 2.0, except instead of Trump being there, there's just a pumpkin with a wig in the seat.

And then we get 4 hours of really, really mean-spirited jokes.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Wow. The full video is even a little worse. It doesnt just end with the talk on the bus. After going on about that ladie's legs, first thing they do when they got off the bus is tell her to hug them. Then they press her for a date while they squabble about who should get to walk with her.

Theyre like awkward highschool jackasses.
I saw all that in the original. The grossest part was their creepy "how about a hug" bullshit in the aftermath for me

TMany men seriously don't respect women. It's not news and kinda gross to pretend it is IMO. That's not the same thing as defending Trump.

I'm not denying anything you said, at all. I'm saying that I am seeing a lot of people trying to equate "locker room talk" with Trump being caught on tape admitting to committing a felony.

Locker room talk is usually fantasy and exaggeration and repeating dumb media shit, as you mentioned. Trump has confessed to sexual assault and caught on the same tape also planning on doing it again, and people are drawing a false equivalence between the two things. They are absolutely related, and one fuels the other, but it is not the same thing.

In my book, anyone who tries to use that "locker room talk" defense is basically saying, "Many men are shitty people who perpetuate rape culture which means it is okay for Trump to actually rape people and brag about it."

Rape culture is absolutely real and damaging to everyone in our shared society. I genuinely hope you don't think I was trying to make light of that.

.JayZii

Banned
Wow. The full video is even a little worse. It doesnt just end with the talk on the bus. After going on about that ladie's legs, first thing they do when they got off the bus is tell her to hug them. Then they press her for a date while they squabble about who should get to walk with her.

CNN has been playing the tape in its entirety at least once an hour since yesterday. The second half really does cement them both as a couple of creeps. Bush gets the extra distinction of being a submissive, enabling toady.

Jobbs

Banned
Wow. The full video is even a little worse. It doesnt just end with the talk on the bus. After going on about that lady's legs, first thing they do when they got off the bus is tell her to hug them. Then they press her for a date while they squabble about who should get to walk with her.

jeez I didn't know about the part where billy bush said to hug him

what a fucking loser

CNN has been playing the tape in its entirety at least once an hour since yesterday. The second half really does cement them both as a couple of creeps. Bush gets the extra distinction of being a submissive, enabling toady.

That's good that they're playing the whole thing frequently. I didn't see it until just now. I saw the clipped version yesterday.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I'm not denying anything you said, at all. I'm saying that I am seeing a lot of people trying to equate "locker room talk" with Trump being caught on tape admitting to committing a felony.

Locker room talk is usually fantasy and exaggeration and repeating dumb media shit, as you mentioned. Trump has confessed to sexual assault and caught on the same tape also planning on doing it again, and people are drawing a false equivalence between the two things. They are absolutely related, and one fuels the other, but it is not the same thing.

In my book, anyone who tries to use that "locker room talk" defense is basically saying, "Many men are shitty people who perpetuate rape culture which means it is okay for Trump to actually rape people and brag about it."

Rape culture is absolutely real and damaging to everyone in our shared society. I genuinely hope you don't think I was trying to make light of that.
Totally. We're on the same page. We've just had a few instances of people lumping those defending Trump with those who say they have heard this before. I think a clear distinction needs to exist.

Wasn't trying to call you out specifically. I have just heard shit like this before and was not the least bit shocked Trump is the type to do it.

If it wouldn't end my career I'd name some names, hah

karasu

Man, can anything be as good as the excitement of last night? Trump. Ana Navarro.I feel it's all downhill from here.

chadskin

Source: Pence plans to stay, advise Trump on fallout
Mike Pence is not currently thinking of leaving the Republican ticket, according to a source familiar with the Indiana governor’s thinking, and is counseling Donald Trump to directly confront the explosive scandal around his comments on groping women.

The source, who was not authorized to speak publicly, said Pence and Trump have spoken on the phone multiple times on Saturday, and that he’s advised Trump to further address the leaked audio at Sunday’s debate or elsewhere.

After Pence made the decision Saturday not to take Trump’s place at a Wisconsin event with Speaker Paul Ryan, he spoke with Trump on the phone to inform him. He also informed Trump that he would be releasing a statement, the source said.

The call was described as cordial.

Nipo

Man, if Trump ain't a emotional, liquor drinking wreck by the end of this election, I'll be surprised. Then again, he is probably heading for that powder again if that first debate was a clue.

Yeah he'll have to go back to being a billionaire who married to a model half his age.

RedHill

Banned
Wasn't Hillary the one who supposedly have all these big leaks coming? Or should we just vilify her for the concept of nonexistent leaks lmao

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Debate's gonna be canceled isn't it?

Goddamnit and the Seahawks have a bye week. I'll have to watch paint dry.

A female Trump supporter on CNN actually said that if Hillary is elected, Bill Clinton will be back in the white house with "a new batch of interns to prey on".

A quote from In the Mouth of Madness I always get mileage from:

Every species* can smell its own extinction. The last ones left won't have a pretty time with it.

* "Species" as in "what ever the fuck species Trump supporters are."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom