• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otnopolit

There's just no way that Trump skips the debate. Someone put it best on MSNBC earlier this morning, Trump likely feels like if he's going down then he's going to try to do whatever he can to take Hillary with him. So you can bet that he's coming with all the dirt imaginable to that debate.

What if Hillary skipped? She could put out a statement saying that she doesn't feel safe around Donald's sexual assault man talk, or that the past 48 hours prove he is, undoubtedly, unfit for office, or even America.

I ponder this because if Trump wants to collapse the building on both of them, Trump has nothing to lose but she has everything to lose.

rjinaz

Just checked out /r/the_donald out of morbid curiosity, and holy shit at those deluded idiots. The basement dwellers are currently melting down and swearing that they can personally take on the GOP and defeat them with dank memes to get Trump elected despite literally everyone who matters currently turning against him. Hilarious!

One of them actually posts on GAF. Joey Fox or something along those lines. I think he is banned at the moment but always good for some crazy if he comes back. He actually honestly believes that GAF is full of angry crazy people and The_Donald has it right.

We're not at GOP: Civil War yet, but we're just about to be. Trump Tower elevator looking like

kuZOLw.gif

Except in this case, Trump is getting thrashed by everyone else. Yeah, things about to get to omega levels of fuckery it seems. And we are seeing the beginning.

Gotta wonder if they held those tapes back until it was too late to get another candidate. Pretty clever, actually. Enough time to let it sink it, let people talk about it etc. but not enough to get another candidate ready.
I want to thank the leaker for posting it 2 days after Cruz endorsed Trump. That's taking out 2 birds with one stone.

CHC

Gotta wonder if they held those tapes back until it was too late to get another candidate. Pretty clever, actually. Enough time to let it sink it, let people talk about it etc. but not enough to get another candidate ready.

It's definitely no coincidence. The strategy is basically to wait until everyone is on the boat, then sink it with a single torpedo. It's been great to watch, honestly. GOP needs a full reboot.

Ominym

Banned
I wanna know who showed the orange clown how to use Twitter

Like a jingling a shiny ring of keys someone said, "Hey Donald, you want a place where you can talk all your bullshit and people will tell you you're great and get you on the news for it?" and he likely bolted for a computer.

Megatron

Watch Trump cancel the debate and go on a Twitter rant instead

Nope, he will grab the mic and fillabuster. Screaming Bill Clinton at the top of his lungs. "Bill Clinton this and Bill Clinton that". Someone needs to tell him he isn't running against Bill Clinton,

Punjicide

The schadenfreude is real. I know it's unbecoming of me, but I'm reveling in the aftershocks.

My face as Trump keeps losing support:
D5984B77A42AB2251D55F67AA1E8156474090323

Looking forward to Sunday's debate, and to more revelations that are sure to follow.

Strimei

What if Hillary skipped? She could put out a statement saying that she doesn't feel safe around Donald's sexual assault man talk, or that the past 48 hours prove he is, undoubtedly, unfit for office, or even America.

I ponder this because if Trump wants to collapse the building on both of them, Trump has nothing to lose but she has everything to lose.

I can't really see her skipping either. Its too risky.

Red

One of them actually posts on GAF. Joey Fox or something along those lines. I think he is banned at the moment but always good for some crazy if he comes back. He actually honestly believes that GAF is full of angry crazy people and The_Donald has it right.
It can be hard to tell the trolls from the true believers. How can you be sure he's genuine?

Amazing strategy.

There was basically zero other news excluding the hurricane [and the damages caused by it].

Dropped everything on a Friday evening when everyone would be out of work and able to see the news. This put pressure on other GOP members to make a statement or else they would have to be radio silent for 48 hours until the debate.

And right before a big event with Trump and Ryan.

Beautiful.

Gutek

There's just no way that Trump skips the debate. Someone put it best on MSNBC earlier this morning, Trump likely feels like if he's going down then he's going to try to do whatever he can to take Hillary with him. So you can bet that he's coming with all the dirt imaginable to that debate.

I'm pretty sure Trump thinks he did everything right. He is surrounded by yes men, supporters were cheering and high fiving him when he left Trump tower today.

He is in his bubble. He feels indomitable.

I'm pretty sure Trump thinks he did everything right. He is surrounded by yes men, supporters were cheering and high fiving him when he left Trump tower today.

He is in his bubble. He feels indomitable.

When he says he's getting "tremendous support", he actually believes it.

As if Trump could sit on any "dirt" for longer than a day. He's got nothing he hasn't already said. Just look at him in the first debate: he couldn't even leave out Bill's sex scandal even though that was the plan. He just had to mention it by saying "I didn't mention it".

rjinaz

It can be hard to tell the trolls from the true believers. How can you be sure he's genuine?

Shrug. I don't think things like that matter in the end, you judge people on their words. With that thinking forums would be entirely pointless. You have to accept people at face value until they prove otherwise. Also, I have no reason to doubt it when I personally know people like him so why would I?

I can't see him skipping the debate. The man is still convinced he's winning. He obviously realizes this is a bigger deal by cancelling that event.

However.

All this talk about more might be coming. If something else really bad happens....I think I could see him maybe not coming.

But he can't right? His whole THING is being a winner. Being brave and strong. He can't possibly skip and just tweet while Hillary talks for 2 hours.

Amazing strategy.

There was basically zero other news excluding the hurricane [and the damages caused by it].

Dropped everything on a Friday evening when everyone would be out of work and able to see the news. This put pressure on other GOP members to make a statement or else they would have to be radio silent for 48 hours until the debate.

And right before a big event with Trump and Ryan.

Beautiful.
Plus they got that phone GIF out of Lyin' Ted.

Loxley

As if Drumpf could sit on any "dirt" for longer than a day. He's got nothing he hasn't already said. Just look at him in the first debate: he couldn't even leave out Bill's sex scandal even though that was the plan. He just had to mention it by saying "I didn't mention it".

Exactly, we already know what Trump's strategy will be for the next debate, shoe-horn in Bill Clinton's infidelity wherever he can. Like, seriously, that's his Hail Mary master plan.

Media

This whole 'If women who bought 50 shades are offended or watched magic mike they are hypocrites!' shit is piss in me off.

1. 50 Shades was trash and had tons of problems with consent, so maybe there is something there.
2. Magic Mike was about male strippers, god forbid women express any form of sexuality, see above, re: 50 Shades
3. No one is freaking out that Trump is talking about women he'd like to have sex with, because he's done that for damn near all his life.
4. SAYING SOMEONE IS HOT, EVEN SAYING YOU MAYBE WANT TO FUCK THEM, ISN'T ANYWHERE CLOSE TO OPENLY BRAGGING ABOUT USING YOUR FAME TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT WOMEN.

Ambient80

Nah, she'll be there. I do see a scenario where he tries to shake her hand and she blows him off, saying that she has no respect for someone like him after hearing his comments. Could say that before she respected him as a person and a candidate with opposing views, but now she feels differently.

Red

Shrug. I don't think things like that matter in the end, you judge people on their words. With that thinking forums would be entirely pointless. You have to accept people at face value until they prove otherwise. Also, I have no reason to doubt it when I personally know people like him so why would I?
All that is true, but I was wondering if he had done something to prove he "actually honestly believes" the things he said. I wanted to know if there was a story behind that.

saelz8

CNN is talking about the Howard Stern stuff now. They are playing some of the clips on the air.

Also, it's weird seeing Andrew Kaczynski on TV.

Gutek

That's EXACTLY the opposite of what she needs to do. The last thing you want is playing into the hands of "libtards and their weakling PC safe spaces."

She needs to show strength and crush him like the cockroach he is.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If they replace him on the ticket then trump diehards will stay home. Could envision record lows that might even put the House in play.

rjinaz

Then there would just be the narrative that Hillary is sick or scared. She has no reason to skip, she's in the better position here going in.

sflufan

Banned

Exactly how high are you right now?

This whole 'If women who bought 50 shades are offended or watched magic mike they are hypocrites!' shit is piss in me off.

1. 50 Shades was trash and had tons of problems with consent, so maybe there is something there.
2. Magic Mike was about male strippers, god forbid women express any form of sexuality, see above, re: 50 Shades
3. No one is freaking out that Trump is talking about women he'd like to have sex with, because he's done that for damn near all his life.
4. SAYING SOMEONE IS HOT, EVEN SAYING YOU MAYBE WANT TO FUCK THEM, ISN'T ANYWHERE CLOSE TO OPENLY BRAGGING ABOUT USING YOUR FAME TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT WOMEN.

Is this what's happening on CNN right now?

Drakeon

If they replace him on the ticket then trump diehards will stay home. Could envision record lows that might even put the House in play.

They can't replace him on the ticket. They can direct the Electoral College electors to vote someone else (which has never happened before and who knows what would happen) or they can say that Trump will resign on day 1 leaving Pence as President, but that's it. Those are their only 2 options.

The ballots are printed. The reason this is coming out now is because there is no recourse for the republican party, they waited until they couldn't dump him.

However, every republican leader disavowing him and him tanking in the polls may well cause them to stay at home anyways.

Oersted

The difference is between grabbing a book and grabbing a pussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom