• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Sure I have quoted worse from music, but I personally have never said that sort of shit sincerely. That's the problem here.

Eusis

If they replace him on the ticket then trump diehards will stay home. Could envision record lows that might even put the House in play.
I also kind of expect that even if they DO keep him they'll refuse to vote Republican downticket just to spite the establishment for abandoning him, depending on how this escalates. They probably only had losing moves left to play and the best shot was to at least save their dignity for future runs.

So is this Howard Stern stuff brand new? Wouldn't it have aired before?

It's all old and readily available. It's just that people are starting to go through all his interviews. I've heard a few of them before. The one that sticks out to me is the feud Donald had with AJ Benza on the show. He called up bragging to AJ about how he stole his girlfriend from him.

Oriel

Isn't it funny how the news media is only now "revealing" previous comments by Trump that have been widely circulated for months by websites. CNN is acting like the Ivanka comments by Trump are only now been unearthed.

In any case, better late than never I suppose. There's PLENTY of other material by Trump just waiting to get broadcast time.

Mahonay

Banned
Isn't it funny how the news media is only now "revealing" previous comments by Trump that have been widely circulated for months by websites. CNN is acting like the Ivanka comments by Trump are only now been unearthed.

In any case, better late than never I suppose. There's PLENTY of other material by Trump just waiting to get broadcast time.
It's a perfect primer for the ensuing storm.

Garlador

Oh, I didn't know that after Nancy rejected his advances, he tried to get her fired.

A source tells TMZ that the enigmatic real estate mogul wanted to drop Nancy O’Dell as host because he doesn’t like the way pregnant women look. But it’s not The Donald’s call: O’Dell is under contract with NBC and is the host of the “Access Hollywood” (which is syndicated on many NBC stations), and she will also be fronting the network’s Oscar coverage this weekend.

Gift just keeps giving.

Honestly, I can't believe Giuliani. How can you hitch yourself to a train mid-derailment like that? He is such a moron. So utterly stupid. Complete lack of good judgement.
It's not like he is respected and will lose anything from this.

They will bring him out to defend every 4 years until he is dead.

Red

He said dumb shit like this all the time on Stern's show. Anyone who listened to him knows it already.
Yeah the Stern stuff is really nothing new. I think it's weird too. Maybe it's directed at people who aren't familiar with his pre-candidate persona? Or it's meant as a more direct repudiation of his recent claims? I don't know. Outright boasts about sexual assault rank higher.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah the Stern stuff is really nothing new. I think it's weird too. Maybe it's directed at people who aren't familiar with his pre-candidate persona? Or it's meant as a more direct repudiation of his recent claims? I don't know. Outright boasts about sexual assault rank higher.
Seems like opposition researchers must have thought it wouldn't stick during the primaries.

I remember seeing him on stern back in the day. Always saying crazy stuff.

Stuff is sticking now since the video dropped on Friday. It shows a pattern.

Sushi Nao

If they replace him on the ticket then trump diehards will stay home. Could envision record lows that might even put the House in play.

You know, I am (or mostly was) thinking the same thing? But now I wonder at the consequences of a hard funding/advertising swing focused on stoking long-fomented HRC hate and last-ditch "it's us or apocalypse" rhetoric. I can see the symbolism of a write-in candidate killing it with the Trump fan rebel mindset, and if Pence dog-whistles juuust right when asked about his support of Trump's excesses, I think he can pull off a candidacy - at least one that turns out the base.

HeelPower

Why did Trump reveal so much deeply personal to this Howard Stern guy though ?

It strikes me as really dumb to voluntarily scandalize one's self like that.Even back then when he wasnt running president.

Sushi Nao

You know, I am (or mostly was) thinking the same thing? But now I wonder at the consequences of a hard funding/advertising swing focused on stoking long-fomented HRC hate and last-ditch "it's us or apocalypse" rhetoric. I can see the symbolism of a write-in candidate killing it with the Trump fan rebel mindset, and if Pence dog-whistles juuust right when asked about his support of Trump's excesses, I think he can pull off a candidacy - at least one that turns out the base.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why did Trump reveal so much deeply personal to this Howard Stern guy though ?

It strikes me as really dumb to voluntarily scandalize one's self like that.Even back then when he wasnt running president.

Does he strike you as possessing sound judgment?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Why did Drumpf reveal so much deeply personal to this Howard Stern guy though ?

It's kind of part of his brand, coming off like that billionaire playboy look. He just doesn't realise it makes him seem like a lecherous old perv.

RiZ III

Listening to the Stern slip, Trump is clearly a bit uncomfortable with Stern talk about Ivanka like that and quickly brushes off his comment to speak of her accomplishments. There are many reasons to skewer trump, but this is not one of them.

Mahonay

Banned
Listening to the Stern slip, Trump is clearly a bit uncomfortable with Stern talk about Ivanka like that and quickly brushes off his comment to speak of her accomplishments. There are many reasons to skewer trump, but this is not one of them.
What? Stern didn't put these words in his mouth. Trump chose to say it.

But yeah the Access Hollywood tape from last night is way worse.

Dynomutt

Trump campaign is like this right now...
A1V4ZR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom