• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
She was a public defender who had her client take a guilty plea. He can try but that dog won't hunt.
Seriously. Dumb attack line. This race is over no need to worry at all. Hillary eviscerated Trunp in the first debate, she is gonna demolish him in the town hall where she can be quite warm and Trump cant even touch a person without eliciting images of jiggling tic tacs in his pocket.

It is time to sit back, focus on turning out our people, and enjoy the landslide.

I would love it if Hillary refused to shake Trump's hand at the start of the debate tomorrow. It wouldn't harm her standing at all and be the equivalent of a nuclear bomb in psychological warfare.

She should make the handshake, but ask him if he's washed his hands first.

I'd love to see her shake, turn to her seat, make a visible face of disgust, and wipe her hand on her pantsuit.

Any version of this would be categorically stupid.

I don't know how tinfoil hat this is but with people asking about Trump bringing up Bill, and people saying "It's a Town Hall he'd have to be asked" has nobody considered that the candidates could have plants in the audience to ask specific questions? Or is that just a little too conspiracy theory?

The question askers for the town halls are heavily, heavily vetted by the bipartisan commission that runs the debate. Chances are very slim.

There's this weird idea that Trump is immune to scandals when that hasn't been the case at all in 2016. David Duke, Curiel, Khan, and the debate/Machado have all dealt significant damage to him as evident in polling. He's not teflon.

There is only one Teflon Don.

latest

Well, until he wasn't...

Too soon to add this to the chalkboard of things that's going to end trump campaign?

People putting way to much faith this of all things is going to stop him. This is mild compare to stuff from just last week even.

Mild? The fuck?

Dude just said on tape that he's liable to grope women. The fuck is this.

Does anyone else think this massive drop in support was a little too coincidental?

I feel like this exodus was planned by several from within the GOP. If a scandal came up that would give them an "out", they'd all take it at the same time. That way they all collectively save their asses AND torpedo Trump's chances while giving themselves brownie points for "growing a spine".

Does anyone else think this massive drop in support was a little too coincidental?

I feel like this exodus was planned by several from within the GOP. If a scandal came up that would give them an "out", they'd all take it at the same time. That way they all collectively save their asses AND torpedo Trump's chances while giving themselves brownie points for "growing a spine".

Wouldn't doubt it. Have to try to save face with the less deplorable Republican constituency somehow.

IrishNinja

i mean....it does kinda feel like the base elements were waiting for something to bail with, and yeah, this is a good one to do so. those rescinding get to show how very pro-women they are next time they fight reproduction rights, and its hard to not look at dudes like romney coming out of this far better than cruz, christie, rubio etc did.

Slayven

Oh yeah they was just looking for an out that would be acceptable to their base

i mean....it does kinda feel like the base elements were waiting for something to bail with, and yeah, this is a good one to do so. those rescinding get to show how very pro-women they are next time they fight reproduction rights, and its hard to not look at dudes like romney coming out of this far better than cruz, christie, rubio etc did.

Plus if dozens get out at once, there won't be any one in particular who would "catch heat" for backpedaling on their endorsement.

This works out extremely well for all the Republicans who supported him to tow the party line but who also regularly put out condemning statements against whatever new foot-in-mouth Trump moment-of-the-week happened.

Too soon to add this to the chalkboard of things that's going to end trump campaign?

People putting way to much faith this of all things is going to stop him. This is mild compare to stuff from just last week even.
On the contrary, this will really help him with the crucial rich, white rapist vote.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Nobody pulling support from this big orange fuckwit's campaign now gets a single bit of props. Those fuckers had his back all this fucking way and had every opportunity to turn around. Where was their conscience then?

They can eat shit. It's like congratulating a terrible parent who despite being horribly negligent, catches their kid from stabbing themselves in the face one time. You don't get points for that.

This is how I foresee the debate going
I know its bad photoshop

Why bring up my husband's infidelity. He is not running for president. Why say we should forgot about your past fondlings and forgive but then bring up Bill? Why the two contradictory statements?

You can't handle the tremendous truth! It's huge, bigly truth!

Did you grab the pussy!

You're damn right I grabbed the pussy!

Live audio of a Presidential candidate for the U.S. bragging about sexually assaulting women is mild?

The fuck

Eusis

So does this mean Merrick Garland will finally make it to the Supreme Court? The GOP Senate has to see the writing on the wall...
I half expect they'd all scream at McConnel to do it and he'd STILL be an obstinate little piece of shit just because well fuck you.

BBC News this morning (I'm an American in England) seems to confirm my fear that it will mean nothing in the long run. They had two guests, one of which covered the Republican side of things and she said that despite all the hullabaloo, his numbers hadn't really shifted at all and that he was even up a bit in Ohio. :/ Does anything hurt this guy? I'm just baffled.

Holmes

BBC News this morning (I'm an American in England) seems to confirm my fear that it will mean nothing in the long run. They had two guests, one of which covered the Republican side of things and she said that despite all the hullabaloo, his numbers hadn't really shifted at all and that he was even up a bit in Ohio. :/ Does anything hurt this guy? I'm just baffled.
There has been no post-tape polling in Ohio, at least publicly. Were they talking about internals?

After Brexit I wouldn't trust a British news program with the fucking weather, let alone American politics.

There's really no way to get any meaningful polling data in such a short time.

Also this.

GCX

There's really no way to get any meaningful polling data in such a short time. The effects of events like this will be seen in long term polls.

GhaleonEB

Also note that polling about this is going to run straight into the debate. We'll get early indications of how things are looking by mid week, but it's going to be a combination of this and debate fallout.

No, this will definitely hurt him. It already has with various senators pulling their support. I wouldn't trust a foreign news site to pass judgement on American politics, tbh.

There aren't any "numbers" yet. This just came out like 36 hours ago. It takes time for this to be captured in any polling.

The only concrete numbers we have so far are

a) the dozens of Republican senators, governors, and house representatives who have revoked their endorsements or vowed not to vote for Trump

b) his odds cratering in prediction/betting markets, about the same magnitude as they fell after he lost the first debate.

This is hurting him badly.

Jb

Can you imagine the mood in his campaign HQ when the video was made public? Jesus Christ what a shitshow.

I really really hope his loss in November is humiliating. For democracy's sake.

There has been no post-tape polling in Ohio, at least publicly. Were they talking about internals?

Possibly? She just mentioned 'numbers' when speaking with the other guest who had been talking about how it might have an impact because of our more conservative mid-west swathe. The other guest then nodded and said she'd bet her colleague a fiver that his numbers wouldn't be hurt at all, and indeed, they seemed fine. Both women agreed he wasn't seeing any 'number backlash' yet.

After Brexit I wouldn't trust a British news program with the fucking weather, let alone American politics.

Also this.

That bad, huh? I only arrived just when the vote to leave was confirmed. All the newspapers when we got off the plane had screaming headlines, "Britain Votes to Go!" I have impeccable timing.

There's really no way to get any meaningful polling data in such a short time. The effects of events like this will be seen in long term polls.

I do hope that's the case. Everyone seemed pretty gloomy about it this morning, though.

No, this will definitely hurt him. It already has with various senators pulling their support. I wouldn't trust a foreign news site to pass judgement on American politics, tbh.

It's the BBC, though. Not really that sensationalist. They did also give plenty of coverage to the people backing out of supporting him, but said it hadn't resulted in much yet concerning the public votes. Unfortunately, I've no idea what numbers they were referencing as I missed the start.

There aren't any "numbers" yet. This just came out like 36 hours ago. It takes time for this to be captured in any polling.

The only concrete numbers we have so far are

a) the dozens of Republican senators, governors, and house representatives who have revoked their endorsements or vowed not to vote for Trump

b) his odds cratering in prediction/betting markets, about the same magnitude as they fell after he lost the first debate.

This is hurting him badly.

Is it sad or funny that I put more stock in the bookmakers to predict the real impact of things this election? I truly, truly hope that's the case.

Rubenov

It's the BBC, though. Not really that sensationalist. They did also give plenty of coverage to the people backing out of supporting him, but said it hadn't resulted in much yet concerning the public votes. Unfortunately, I've no idea what numbers they were referencing as I missed the start.

They don't know what they're talking about. Trump is done.

chadskin

Possibly? She just mentioned 'numbers' when speaking with the other guest who had been talking about how it might have an impact because of our more conservative mid-west swathe. The other guest then nodded and said she'd bet her colleague a fiver that his numbers wouldn't be hurt at all, and indeed, they seemed fine. Both women agreed he wasn't seeing any 'number backlash' yet.

The Ohio numbers that had the race there indeed narrow from a 5-point to a 2-point lead are from earlier this week, well before the Trump Tapes: http://www.politico.com/blogs/swing-states-2016-election/2016/10/poll-who-is-winning-in-ohio-229188

edit to correct mixup: It was a 4-point lead for Clinton in the mid-August Monmouth poll that narrowed to a 2-point lead in their early October poll while Quinnipac had Trump up by 5 points at the end of September.

Punjicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom