• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

jblbA2i.png

ha

louiedog

Note also how Billy makes sure she hugs Donald.

That was the grossest part for me.

I thought, "I wonder if Billy is just sort of a dick who is playing nice host by going along with this conversation. It can't be this bad, right?" and then he serves up the woman to Trump knowing what kind of gross monster he is. What a classless asshole.

studyguy

Cant wait for SNL to cover this. Please.

Edit: I also learned something new. Didn't even fathom Billy Bush was related to the Bush family at all, wow.

At this point you might as well have SNL parody Trump by having the guy act like a rational person. How do you parody grab her in the pussy in a way that doesn't already seem over the top ridiculous.

G0523

What just happened?

“I apologize if anyone was offended.”

“I apologize if anyone was...”

“I apologize if anyone...”

“I apologize....”

“I apologize.”

Yeah, I'm more surprised about this. I don't think he's ever EVER apologized for anything. Was it actually him that said that?!

Link

The Autumn Wind
At this point you might as well have SNL parody Trump by having the guy act like a rational person. How do you parody grab her in the pussy in a way that doesn't already seem over the top ridiculous.
SNL is probably scrambling to rewrite a few sketches for tomorrow's episode as we speak.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The "grab her by the pussy" is almost literally the worst possible soundbyte I could imagine in a Presidential election.

“I apologize....”

“I apologize.”

Yeah, I'm more surprised about this. I don't think he's ever EVER apologized for anything. Was it actually him that said that?!

Gotta love that passive tone. If you got offended, that's something you did and not something he did to you.

jmdajr

Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 32m32 minutes ago
This is horrific. We cannot allow this man to become president.

RootCause

“I apologize....”

“I apologize.”

Bill has said worse though. Hard to call it a sincere apology. :p

Oersted

“I apologize....”

“I apologize.”

The "if apology"Edit

Attorney and business ethics expert Lauren Bloom, author of The Art of the Apology, mentions the "if apology" as a favorite of politicians, with lines such as "I apologize if I offended anyone". Comedian Harry Shearer has coined the term Ifpology for its frequent appearances on the "The Apologies of the Week" segment of Le Show.[10]

One of the first references was in the New York Times by Richard Mooney in his 1992 editorial notebook "If This Sounds Slippery ... How to Apologize And Admit Nothing." This was mainly in regard to Senator Bob Packwood: "Only in the event that someone should choose to take offense, why then he's sorry". Mooney goes on to cite Bill Clinton, who said of Mario Cuomo: "If the remarks on the tape left anyone with the impression that I was disrespectful to either Governor Cuomo or Italian-Americans, then I deeply regret it." A famous example involved racially insensitive remarks made by golfer Fuzzy Zoeller about Tiger Woods; Zoeller's comments and his half-hearted "if apology" were news for days and resulted in Zoeller's being dropped from a commercial tie-in with K-Mart.[11]

This kind of apology shifts the blame onto the offended party, and denies personal acceptance of wrongdoing, as in "I'm sorry if you were offended by what I said". The "if" implies that the apologiser either doesn't even know they did wrong (and did not bother to find out) or else does not acknowledge that they did wrong and so are pretending to apologise because they feel obligated to rather than because they are actually sorry. There is no confirmation that the apologiser actually regrets anything or has learnt anything from what they did that was wrong. According to John Kador in Effective Apology, "Adding the word if or any other conditional modifier to an apology makes it a non-apology."[12]

A 2014 example of the "if apology" was by CNN's Don Lemon where he said, "If my question to her struck anyone as offensive, I am sorry, as that certainly was not my intention." This was in reference to his interview with Joan Tarshis where he suggested biting a penis as a way to avoid being orally sexually assaulted.[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-apology_apology

BFIB

Im gonna stay up tonight to read his tweets in real time at 3am. This moron will probably tweet her name even.

Future

First time since trump showed up that I'm confident he doesn't have a chance. This IS the Romney 47% moment. Where he is revealed to be an absolute scumbag. Basically admitting to harassment that fits with accusations made on him. No matter what he rally's about, just play this tape. Says it all

Real justice would be dismissal of every ultra partisan republican politician that has backed and supported this bafoon, proving that partisanship is more important than a sexist, racist, harasser for president.

Even in his "apology" he mentions no regrets, and also tries to bash to the Clintons during that heartfelt statement. Instead he apologizes if you are offended.... because if you ARENT, then well.... *high five*

The Republican Party is a fucking joke. This is the best shit you had. This dude right here

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
"Apologizing if someone was offended" is the most chickenshit way of getting out of something.

What are the chances that two more controversies leak before the next debate? I assume there must be more that Clinton's campaign has uncovered.

Just watched the video. It's insane. This is like if Dukakis had driven the tank to Willie Horton's jail, busted through the walls and gave him a ride to town on the turret.

The way he creeps on the publicist before they get off the bus and the way they interact after they get off the bus is horrendous.

CNN still running the clip uncensored.

I feel you have to (just put a disclaimer beforehand).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom