• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Reviews Thread

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Is this single-player? I’m not subscribing to + at the moment.
Think it's a 12 hour single-player campaign with a few multiplayer modes that, if I'm not mistaken, will be expanded in the future.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Praise the lord! We back baby!

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

Hope MS takes notes and goes all dudebro with Gears!

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This looks fucking AWESOME. Day 1 and my likely GOTY.

Its between this and Wukon

this year has been TRASH for games so far but this and Black Myth have gotten it back on track.

We eating good from last week, all the way into the end of 2025.

Last edited:

Puscifer

if they had released this last week, I would have sprung for the gold edition to play over labor day weekend. Now I have to work all of this weekend so I might as well wait a few days to buy.
CD keys has gold edition for price of basic, trying to convince myself to pull the trigger

Luipadre

Gold Member
The FOMO is getting me... I'll be home tomorrow and friday and i can get the PC gold version for 68 euro... fuck

Hows the PC version btw? Any stutters? Hopefully i can get a solid 60+ at 1440p on my 3070ti

Tedditalk

Pre-ordering it tonight, but PC-gamer review points out some stuff I think is worth looking out for some, as games this hyped up tend to get its faults overlooked. It also not a goofy review about no women or something.

Reviewer mentions these things and are worth checking for in other reviews:

Bland mission design due to Co-op structure
Inconsistent parries
Messy game design elements
Low enemy variety
Mediocre story

They even found the first game more fun. None of this dampens my spirits as I wanted a game like this for years, but people who are on the fence or price conscious, check it out.

Last edited:

xVodevil

Seems like great fun, funny how I've didn't really care for this like 1-2 months ago, then realized this might be interesting after all.
So just recently I finished the first one finally after realizing it was already sitting on my Steam since 2018.. Anyway it was fun (as it is when playing unlocked older games on this year's 4K OLED monitors with no issues whatsoever), but this new one clearly looks like there is absolutely no need to wait for a sale, and nice to see you get the base game, you get the content with all the rest simply being cosmetics. This could possibly end up in my top 3 games this year after all.

Gonzito

The FOMO is getting me... I'll be home tomorrow and friday and i can get the PC gold version for 68 euro... fuck

Hows the PC version btw? Any stutters? Hopefully i can get a solid 60+ at 1440p on my 3070ti

I am in the same boat man, I have two days off and I have FOMO too lol

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Pre-ordering it tonight, but PC-gamer review points out some stuff I think is worth looking out for some, as games this hyped up tend to get its faults overlooked. It also not a goofy review about no women or something.

Reviewer mentions these things and are worth checking for in other reviews:

Bland mission design due to Co-op structure
Inconsistent parries
Messy game design elements
Low enemy variety
Mediocre story

They even found the first game more fun. None of this dampens my spirits as I wanted a game like this for years, but people who are on the fence or price conscious, check it out.
PC Gamer gave Rogue Trader 50 something with a straight face. I suspect they are just bitter StarCraft fans.

hinch7

A bit of shorter game than expected at around 10 hours but looking forward to this one.

Last edited:

Croga

I love 40k stuff and this does indeed look fantastic, but my main focus is the single player stuff and hearing it's between 7-10 hours long is not great, that's damn short.

If multiplayer stuff is your bag though I'd say this will be awesome, that seems to be where the meat of the content is according to most reviews.

thatJohann

I wonder if devs are now optimizing games just enough to run ok on PS5 but relying on the ps5 Pro horsepower to get games to run at a solid 60fps.

Puscifer

PC gamer posted impressions. Honestly sounds like AMD arcticture is really benefitting

splattered

FYI if no one has mentioned it there are some twitch stream rewards up for this game... i think gloves you can get by watching a streamer but then a bolt pistol a chain sword and some in game currency are only obtainable via subscribing to one of the streamers i think? So i'm personally prob just gonna skip these.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Watching the video, PS5 performance specifically is really rough. The good news I guess is that it seems more GPU rather than CPU limited, so our lord and saviour pro can probably help.

Damn, I know the source is a bit shit but those console performance numbers look a bit rough.

Fuck guys, the framerate is below the 48fps mark in that video during hectic moments, meaning, not even VRR will be able to save the day on PS5...

Man, this alongside Wukong will have to be PS5 Pro buys for me, that console can't come soon enough...

Top Bottom