• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

FACE

Banned
1374898561_medium.jpeg

inm8num2

Are those screenshots at highest quality? It doesn't matter to me as the screenshot looks fantastic but I'm curious since I remember Fargo mentioning that some other effects were yet to be added when posting previous screenshots.

Labadal

It's supposed to come out October/November.

Assisting making the OT. I signed up for in the Volunteer thread.

The game isn't coming out in October.

Once the beta testing begins in October and once we have enough feedback from testing, we can evaluate where we’re at and set a new release date. By that stage, over ten thousand of our backers will have gotten to play the game with us. In the end, quality comes before everything and fortunately the backers have been in line with us to make sure we get it right.

Labadal

yeah I wouldn't count on any kickstarter game making their original release dates

well maybe project eternity since the guys at obs game themselves like 2 years time

usual OT stuff like making banners, writing shit and scavenging for screenshots, spellcheck, etc.

In April 2014, we might get a beta version of Eternity but I doubt we'll get the full game until Q3 2014.

zkylon

zkylewd
In April 2014, we might get a beta version of Eternity but I doubt we'll get the full game until Q3 2014.

yea you're probably right

I didn't remember the exact date when I made my post, just 2014.

and pe being finished 9 months from now seems like a pipe dream

CushVA

Wasteland3Guru has a rundown of the Gamestar info: http://www.wasteland2guru.com/news/25243-wasteland-2-gamestar-preview

just a few tidbits (more at the site):

The game will have between 40 and 50 "maps" (they're compared to Fallout 2's 23 locations, so it might as well be referring to the overall number of places to visit).

The main storyline will take 20 hours to complete, without side quests or alternative solutions factored in.

32 skills will be present in the game

Another faction, the Robinsons, are based on American motivational speakers like Dale Carnegie and Tony Robbinsons. Basically, think positive.

Finally, the target sales are 200,000 - 300,000 copies, which will allow inXile to continue work on their games throughout the year.

FACE

Banned
Finally, the target sales are 200,000 - 300,000 copies, which will allow inXile to continue work on their games throughout the year.

I remember Fargo saying that if they sold 100 thousand copies they'd be pretty well off, so I assume it should've been "throughout the years".

Zeliard

Everything Fargo is saying is exactly what I was hoping for.

Nathan Grayson mentioned he's seen a lot of the game and impressions will follow tomorrow, so we'll undoubtedly be hearing more specifics on the combat and general gameplay very soon.

RPS as a whole are generally very good about being uncommonly critical in previews if the need arises, so I trust that we'll get some fair impressions.

Perkel

Banned
Kickstarter hype + decent price + demand for this kind of game + DD makes 300k a very feasible number.

Yep to get money on next game they don't need to sell much. This is why crowdfunding is amazing. They already have everything funded and each sold copy will be profit for them.

If they will release game for 30$ on steam/gog/gmg etc and those places will get 30% of it and InXile will have $21 from each copy then they will get :

100 000 copies - $2 100 000
200 000 copies - $4 200 000
300 000 copies - $6 300 000

For mare 300k they would have cash for creating Wasteland 3 and money to keep company running in case of problems.

Also as i heard they will release W2 in Europe via retailers which in places like Eastern Europe and Russia could be big if priced right.

bought the gamestar issue today. kinda bummed it didn't have that neat wasteland 2 cover but aw well.

some thing I found interesting & I don't know how far this has been discussed in one of the updates before but you'll be able to expand your party up to 3 npcs. some might be useful in combat but total dicks in your group, like stealing ammo from you or something. some of them may be really cool but kinda useless on the battlefield. the article put it that way (I just translated):
"do you let the guy steal from you because he's really useful in combat? Or do you shoot him?" they also want us to choose if we'd rather have a "genuine and funny buddy or a really useful one"
so the npc management really comes down to holding up some priorities, which I really like.

and yes..concerning the european distribution...a standard german retail version of the game is intended. this is probably similar to other european countries

bengraven

Kind of weird to see this topic in Community when it's not even released yet, nor in beta.

But that said, glad I know what happened to it.

Everything regarding reactivity and consequence is awesome! Wasteland on steroids, indeed. Where's the update detailing skills? Is there an update planned to talk about the flow of combat as it pertains to permadeath/health system (UNC/SER/CRT/MRT) and skills?

Everything regarding reactivity and consequence is awesome! Wasteland on steroids, indeed. Where's the update detailing skills? Is there an update planned to talk about the flow of combat as it pertains to permadeath/health system (UNC/SER/CRT/MRT) and skills?

don't know if you have seen the list of skills yet, that's all there is concerning skills right now..at least as far as I know. (there will be some hidden skills that inxile doesn't want to tell yet though)

Combat skills: Blunt Weapons, Bladed Weapons, Anti-Tank-Weapons, SMG, Shotguns, Energy Weapons, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifle, Handguns

Scientific skills: Picklock, Safecrack, Alarm Disarm, Toaster Repair, Computer Tech, Synth Tech, Demolitions, Brute Force

General skills: Silent Move, Salvaging, Hard Ass, B.S. Detector, Outdoorsman, Evasion, Leadership, Folklore, Animal Whisperer, Field Medic, Surgeon, Weapon Smithing, Field Stripping, Perception, Barter

so many screenshots lately :3 new update
4hypigtubuo0.jpg

looks like wasteland 1 is getting a separate release. nice.
We recently went to talk with EA to try and get it out in a different, separate format, and they accommodated our idea. We’ve now inked a new deal where we’ll be able to release Wasteland 1 separately. After getting the game in our hands and ensuring it runs on modern machines, we plan to distribute it FOR FREE to all our backers before Wasteland 2’s release, as well as sell it on GOG.com and Steam for anyone else interested in trying out this classic RPG

Top Bottom