• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most you have ever spent on a single videogame?

kdoll08

For a single game with no special controller or anything it was probably $90 for Phantasy Star 4. I love that series so much.

My biggest purchase game related was probably an import dreamcast for about $500 though. Now that was worth every dollar. Sega rally 2 was awesome

TDLink

Xenoblade. I imported the UK version for ~$60 and then bought the NA version when it came to us also for $50. So $110 on one game.

coldfoot

Banned
GT5

$100 - Special Edition at launch.
$15(ish) DLC
$99 Logitech Driving Force GT (and that's a cheap wheel, bought on sale)
$100 Nice folding metal stand for the wheel/pedals

$315. And I have not used my wheel or played GT5 in over a year.

Anastasia

I forgot the exact price, but the most I ever spent was a little over $100 for a sealed copy of MGS3: Subsistence Limited Edition (around the time it came out).

Without a doubt World of Warcraft. Bought it at full price a few months after vanilla launched, and played it for about a year. $15 a month for a year = $180 + the cost of the game which I'm guessing was $60 = $240.

Fuck...

110€ for DJ Hero day one. That game bombed HARD and a few months later it was already at half price. A couple years later and you could get it at 15€.

One of my most anticipated games back in the day.
I regret (almost) nothing.

Esura

Banned
When I saw this thread I instantly thought of my import of Arcana Heart 3 or even the upcoming Xillia CE (dat price...) but even those don't get to the highs of how much I've spent on Hyperdimension Neptunia V. Not only did I buy two copies of the game, one regular edition for $49.99 and the LE from NISA store for around $64.99. That alone jacks it up higher than any other game yet I've bought. Now, lets factor in all the numerous Hyperdimension Neptunia V DLC, such as secret dungeons, items, bikinis alts, weapons, armor, etc. etc. and...man.

Neptunia series has my soul...

Daingurse

Easily WoW is probably the big offender for me. Don't even want to think of the hundreds of dollars "at-least" spent, oh lord.

SUPARSTARX

I used to play WoW but I did sell off my account around the Burning Crusade era for about $2k so I made back the money spent but all those hours man..

Does Street Fighter 4 and it's updates count?

If so...
Street Fighter IV (360) $60
Street Fighter IV (PC) $40
Street Fighter IV (Arcade) $20, it was about $1 a game at Chinatown Fair
Super Street Fighter IV (360) $40
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) $20 sale copy
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition update $15 x2
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 (PC) $30
All the DLC costumes combined probably $30
Arcade stick(s) I recycled from buying, reselling and buying new ones $250 for playing this game initially (modifying to work on both systems and customized buttons and etc...)

If you must ask why I had so many copies, it was just to beat up and challenge people on those platforms. I've put in so many hours overall too.

Paganmoon

I paid 1600SEK for the Explorer Edition of Uncharted 3, roughly 240 USD. That's the most I've paid for a single game, in one go.

Labadal

If we count Kickstarter? $1.043 is the most I've spent. The game is Project Eternity.

$1000 personal pledge.
$43 for GAF Inn.

$120 on E.V.O. Search for Eden.

I really really want Panzer Dragoon Saga and may just cough up the dough for it. So that may be my most expensive game purchase haha.

SUPARSTARX

$325 (or about) for SVC: Chaos NeoGeo AES cart; brand new.

not worth it.

yes it was.

Gk5Re.gif

SVC Chaos lol

I lost my brother's copy of Lunar: TSS for Sega CD so for Christmas one year I got him a factory sealed copy off eBay. It was close to $300 back in the late 90's. Wish he would have kept it sealed, it would be worth a ton more today (even though neither of us would ever sell it)

If MMOs count the price is pretty high, though I hardly bought any other games for the three years I played the most active.

If MMOs don't count, I don't think I ever paid more than release price for standard edition of any game.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Counting DLC, probably around $90. I've never bought a limited edition of a game, and I've never spent more than $60 for a game by itself.

Aretak

World of Warcraft for sure if we're counting subscription fees.

For just the purchase price on a single game... I'm not sure to be honest. I might actually be set to beat my personal record in August by paying £80 ($122) for the Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition.

imported final fantasy 3 back in 94.

i think i paid more than 100 euros for the game itself and 40 euros for the adapter.

inflation adjusted that is probably more than 250 euros today.

what is worse is. the game had anti import lock outs, so after about 20hours in or so some of the menu disappeared.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I imported FF Crisis Core and PSP bundle from Japan. That was 420 dollars.

But if you count game only? Probably not much more over 100. Mostly special editions or n64 games lol

Gangxxter

508.77 USD for Broken Sword 5 Kickstarter because I love BS and Revolution Software.

About 80-90 € for Duke Nukem Forever: Balls of Steel Edition (although I received it as a birthday present, since it was released on my birthday, at least in the US).

I regret nothing, DNF is a pretty decent old-school shooter and the one-liners are pretty funny. The Balls of Steel Edition extras are also very nice, Duke bust for my desk ftw!

Yasawas

For many, many years it was the £49.99 I spent on Doom for the SNES then I paid £50.24 plus postage for Umihara Kawase on the DS. My mint and boxed SFC version cost less than that.

Top Bottom