• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White power signs crop up on a college campus in GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
From their website:

What will you say when someone charges you with the question “Are you a racist?” Every one of us must have a comeback ready for when we are asked that question, or just directly accused of being racist. We must not, ever, ever allow ourselves to get caught without a defense. Here are three comebacks that I have come up with:

Tell the accuser that throughout human history racism was known by its original name: patriotism.
“Of course, I’m very proud of my race, I mean it’s hard not to be proud when your race has accomplished more than all the others put together. And of course our women are prettier too.”
Employ some form of the term “race denier” in your response. For example, you might matter of factly say “Well, I’m certainly no race denier, I can tell you that.” or “Just because you’re a race denier doesn’t mean everybody else is obliged to be one.”

what the fuck am I reading?

rhandino

Banned
Kevin Levine was right! I will not be surprised if I see some variation of this in the newpapers down the line:

efb10841e9d78690df85f1a4a8baaffc.jpg

Dipper145

This kind of stuff is disgusting. Makes me feel nauseous that people are walking around campuses in the states seeing this kind of stuff. I can't imagine these kind of posters staying up for very long luckily.

I do have to say that artwork is pretty eye grabbing and really reminds me of bioshock artwork.

DavidDesu

It's a sad fact that a good chunk of our populations in supposedly civilised western countries are in fact racist hateful cunts. Yay. We all knew it, we all see it, now it's politically known, rather than hushed up behind the scenes. God help us all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's a sad fact that a good chunk of our populations in supposedly civilised western countries are in fact racist hateful cunts. Yay. We all knew it, we all see it, now it's politically known, rather than hushed up behind the scenes. God help us all.

The first step to dealing with cancer is finding it

.la1n

Ah yes, Augusta. Home of Augusta National Golf Course, home of The Masters, where there were no black members admitted until 1990 and didn't admit its first female members until 2012, IIRC.

Answered already but feel it needs reiterating as a former Augusta native; fuck the masters and the rest of the locals agree.

boiled goose

good with gravy
It's ok everyone! It's just economic anxiety!

pls understand the economic anxiety

These types of strawman posts do not lend to productive discussion. :/

OF COURSE Racism is part of it. Whitelash is a very well documented effect after big racialized milestones (Obama, civil rights, desegregation, end of slavery, etc.)

It's so sad to see racists so emboldened. Society has truly gone backwards.

From their website:

what the fuck am I reading?

This is so dumb it's hilarious.

Are you racist? No but (explanations) yes!

It is at least (mildly) comforting that bigotry and stupidity tend to go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom