• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NOEs eShop and category layout is great... I had no idea NOA were managing theirs so badly until people mentioned they couldn't find the Rayman demo without looking for the game manually. We can jump easily to all demos and all videos etc.

zroid

Banned
The NOEs eShop and category layout is great... I had no idea NOA were managing theirs so badly until people mentioned they couldn't find the Rayman demo without looking for the game manually. We can jump easily to all demos and all videos etc.

th_emot-argh.gif

DJ88

For some reason every time I hit the home button, I get the little message at the top of the screen saying "Data has finished downloading". I haven't downloaded anything in days and yet it still keep saying it. Anyone else experiencing this or knows a fix?

For some reason every time I hit the home button, I get the little message at the top of the screen saying "Data has finished downloading". I haven't downloaded anything in days and yet it still keep saying it. Anyone else experiencing this or knows a fix?

Have you installed all your downloads/updates? Check the download manager. I had this happen until I played NintendoLand again after downloading the update.

Has to be the sloppiest console released by Nintendo. Poor OS, unnecessary/confusing overlap between the Wii U and the Wii (specifically the NSMBU multiplayer), can't transfer VC titles to the Wii U HD, etc. I mean, this is all something Sega would have done in the mid-90s. My GF has already purchased it for me as a present, but it's still unopened. I'm wondering if I should just have her return it and get the console later when most of these issues have been addressed.

I'm really beginning to enjoy the hell out of Darksiders. Almost stopped playing due to a few bugs in the front, but I'm glad I stuck with it. This game just feels so much better than the first one to me. Mostly because the combat is both better, and there is less of it. I felt like I couldn't enter a room in the first one without a pointless encounter with enemies just for the sake of it. This one feels a little more solitary, and more Zelda like.

Off screen play is great as well, and now my preferred way to play this game specifically.

I dig it :)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Has to be the sloppiest console released by Nintendo. Poor OS, unnecessary/confusing overlap between the Wii U and the Wii (specifically the NSMBU multiplayer), can't transfer VC titles to the Wii U HD, etc. I mean, this is all something Sega would have done in the mid-90s. My GF has already purchased it for me as a present, but it's still unopened. I'm wondering if I should just have her return it and get the console later when most of these issues have been addressed.
Return it now, lest you like it once you open it, and then - the horror!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Any word on if they are going to fix the YouTube browser issue? The browser loses a lot of its appeal without it.

Btw, other "you" prefixed websites don't work anymore....

Dartastic

Sometime my Wii U Gamepad refuses to turn on my console as well. I've resynced the controller, but it hasn't fixed the problem. It's... odd. Is anyone else occasionally experiencing this problem?

Michan

Does anybody have the precise length/width dimensions of the Wii U GamePad's screen? If somebody could measure, it'd be most appreciated. Thanks!

the horror! people who hate Wii U are the ones drawing Penises on Miiverse today :p

I've seen some cleverly disguised drawings today the may fool they filters but i wish someone would think of the kids :|

Whoa, really? Was there an update to the browser that altered the user agent or something?

it has nothing to do with the browser and everything to do with youtube. We have enough negatives on the Wii U the browser is one of the best things lets not sully its name because Youtube went and messed with its HTML5 code

Terrell

the horror! people who hate Wii U are the ones drawing Penises on Miiverse today :p

I've seen some cleverly disguised drawings today the may fool they filters but i wish someone would think of the kids :|

You could, y'know, flag the posts. Even one flag will prompt a manual review.

I personally don't get it. Why draw penises on Miiverse when you can just use Reddit for that?

I refuse to flag anything. I'm enjoying seeing how people try to get around the filters and moderation. I've seen some very creative references to drugs/sex/memes that would otherwise be banned.

Sometime my Wii U Gamepad refuses to turn on my console as well. I've resynced the controller, but it hasn't fixed the problem. It's... odd. Is anyone else occasionally experiencing this problem?

Yeah this happens every once in a while for me. The odd thing about it is the console will still turn on the controller. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Chopper

I refuse to flag anything. I'm enjoying seeing how people try to get around the filters and moderation. I've seen some very creative references to drugs/sex/memes that would otherwise be banned.
It's funny. I'm the complete opposite. I have no problem with your stance, but I find myself wanting this thing to succeed, and the best way it can do that is for it to be safe for the kids. It doesn't need to be anything else, and is absolutely awesome for all sorts of reasons. I've flagged a few gay slurs, spoilers and cocks. I'm getting old.

It's funny. I'm the complete opposite. I have no problem with your stance, but I find myself wanting this thing to succeed, and the best way it can do that is for it to be safe for the kids. It doesn't need to be anything else, and is absolutely awesome for all sorts of reasons. I've flagged a few gay slurs, spoilers and cocks. I'm getting old.

Hmm.. you've got me to reconsider my stance. I think flagging gay slurs is understandable. I would do that. I don't want Miiverse to devolve into a hatefest. Same with bullying. I would flag that.

Spoilers, I can understand also. There's already a decorum to posting spoilers built in, and people should just use the spoiler button.

Silly things like cocks, pot, or puns, I have no problem with. That's really what I meant. But you have a good point with the other stuff.

Chopper

Silly things like cocks, pot, or puns, I have no problem with. That's really what I meant. But you have a good point with the other stuff.
Oh, I'm with you. The cock I flagged was particularly gross though. Less funny.

I'd like to see a pot community accumulate somewhere. I guess we'll have to wait for Harvest Moon...

zroid

Banned
I honestly haven't seen a single offensive thing in all my perusal of Miiverse. It's been... surprising. I think I would probably flag if I did.

except for my offensively bad drawings of Willem Dafoe

You could, y'know, flag the posts. Even one flag will prompt a manual review.

I personally don't get it. Why draw penises on Miiverse when you can just use Reddit for that?

I am a painter so I should hate Censorship of any kind... but there are rules to everything. This is pretty much a kid's zone. No matter how clever or creative the ways around are I too want to see Miiverse success as a social network of nice decent helpful people who love games. That is until someone sees something in your drawing you did not intend.

Someone posted a reply on my Puddle drawing. A game that is only out in EU.

01pdraw.jpg

So I am waiting for this game on the US eShop watched the trailer and wanted to draw how the droplets break off... yeah I did not see the connection

But this guy's Eye saw something else
01preply.jpg

was not sure what to say to that I just left it alone... so should I flag stuff I see? Yes for the kids... there are plenty of places on the internet for all that other crap

okay I just saw something I am not sure if to flag or not to flag

I think its a pikmin sitting on a star it looks like a santa hat so the are likes going to yoshi so yoshi is a reindeer? without antlers it looks like the pikmin is shoving a stick up yoshi's bum
KuGsj.gif

just a bad drawing I guess if you want to see it NNID Twilord

edit: yeah my eyes are playing tricks on me

Wait!

How do some people block replies? I have found that some comment buttons are greyed out on Miiverse I wanted to reply to someone's drawing but I can't click the comment button

what setting is that?

Just got Scribblenauts, wow. It's amazing. I don't think I would have bought it if I didn't have a kid, but this game is very cool.

Anyone get Netflix to work yet? It freezes my system everytime.

Cousteau

Is there a racing game out for it now besides Sonic? Seems a realistic racing sim would be sell right now for this.A realistic RC Pro Am should be made yesterday.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really beginning to enjoy the hell out of Darksiders. Almost stopped playing due to a few bugs in the front, but I'm glad I stuck with it. This game just feels so much better than the first one to me. Mostly because the combat is both better, and there is less of it. I felt like I couldn't enter a room in the first one without a pointless encounter with enemies just for the sake of it. This one feels a little more solitary, and more Zelda like.

Off screen play is great as well, and now my preferred way to play this game specifically.

I dig it :)

I really dug it at first too, but I think its a game that gets worse as it goes on just out of blandness.

Batman already climbing the top 20 charts on eShop and I did not even download my copy yet

Not even sure what "Eye" saw. If he's inferring that your drawing has a phallic nature, that's quite a stretch.

Sent you a friend request too.

You can't unsee it once people point it out but for the record I was thinking about Puddle the game

my Friendslist is now full hope I got you in time, I doubt Nintendo will increase the limit no matter how many time EatChildren asks

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Is there a racing game out for it now besides Sonic? Seems a realistic racing sim would be sell right now for this.A realistic RC Pro Am should be made yesterday.
Most Wanted is coming out early next year (Feb or March, can't recall which month exactly).

zroid

Banned
Opening the web browser curtains with a flourish is so ridiculously charming. xD

And zooming with the right analogue stick is absolutely marvelous, it completely negates any need for pinch-to-zoom, and in fact works quite a bit better too.

Daknight

Loving the wii u! So getting sonic after the demo. Also Playon is pretty sweet. Watching videos from my cpu on the wii u and browsing is sweet.

Forgot to mention that playon has a special one year free subscription for wii u. If you need the link let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom