• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Whaaa...? ZombiU seems to have unique saves per Wii U user account. The game actually uses a universal save?

Oh really? Maybe he was accidentally logged into my account. He's made an account and started Mario, but reckoned when he tried to play ZombiU my saves were there. I'll double check.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I only think of screen protector when I am bashing at Ninjas in Nintendo Land or using a sharper ballpoint pen to get a pixel in a drawing on miiverse.

I noticed unless my screen is perfectly clean when I am drawing when I want my pixel will be off dramatically due to the dirty screen but in the end I don't think I'll invest in this

You play takamaru with a stylus? I just use my finger.

I got micro scratches just playing balloon trip breeze. For some reason Nintendo styluses often feel scratchy. Bought a screen protector just in case - I want to play off TV play enough that I don't want the image degraded with scratches

You play takamaru with a stylus? I just use my finger.

I got micro scratches just playing balloon trip breeze. For some reason Nintendo styluses often feel scratchy. Bought a screen protector just in case - I want to play off TV play enough that I don't want the image degraded with scratches
I can vouch for the official pack. The protector is easy enough to apply and doesn't interfere with touchscreen functionality. The added stylus is also much better than the stock one.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Oh really? Maybe he was accidentally logged into my account. He's made an account and started Mario, but reckoned when he tried to play ZombiU my saves were there. I'll double check.

A way to check which games have user specific save files is to go to memory management and look in the folder of a game.

In addition to a system save file, which may be universal between users, the individual saves of each user account show up as separate files in the folder.

ZombieU has separate save files for each user/mii.

NSMB U actually does have separate save files for each user as well - in order to keep track of personal accomplishments and Miiverse posts made in the world map. So the Mii you're playing with when playing NSMB U does make a difference.

Iacobellis

I can vouch for the official pack. The protector is easy enough to apply and doesn't interfere with touchscreen functionality. The added stylus is also much better than the stock one.

You like 'em brown, yellow, Puerto Rican or Haitian?

On topic, I've been thinking about the Wii U lately and kind of want to pick one up in the future. ZombiU looks good, and I also want to play Pikmin 3 and the new MH when those come out. By then E3 will be around the corner, but I'm not too sure if $300 can warrant the need to play 3 games. What else is expected on the first party front?

braves01

Banned

On topic, I've been thinking about the Wii U lately and kind of want to pick one up in the future. ZombiU looks good, and I also want to play Pikmin 3 and the new MH when those come out. By then E3 will be around the corner, but I'm not too sure if $300 can warrant the need to play 3 games. What else is expected on the first party front?

Not much tbh. Wii Fit U, Game & Wario, Wonderful 101 (aka Kamiya's new game that's not Bayo2)...? Of course you'll get all the big Nintendo franchises at some point but from here to E3 seems pretty barren with Nintendo being so tight-lipped.

I have no frame of reference having never owned a Wii, but I've been pleasantly surprised by how non-shit Wii games look on the Wii U. Played Smash Brawl and SMG and both look great.
SMG looked fantastic on the Wii anyway. If Wii U makes it look even better I might have to think about replaying them again.

Zero148

Eh, looks a little bit childish for my tastes. Nintendo better be delivering come June.

you are absolutlely right here. Nintendo always gives us these boring looking childish games with too much colors like Wonderful 101, Pikmin, Lego City and Rayman legends. What the WiiU really needs to have an at least average looking lineup is more brown and grey looking mature games like shooters. There is literally nothing at least acceptable looking on the horizon, Nintendo really has to deliver...

Always these child games like the already released Mario and Nintendoland. How am I supposed to enjoy my WiiU with these games already released and only childish games on the horizon?

Iacobellis

you are absolutlely right here. Nintendo always gives us these boring looking childish games with too much colors like Wonderful 101, Pikmin, Lego City and Rayman legends. What the WiiU really needs to have an at least average looking lineup is more brown and grey looking mature games like shooters. There is literally nothing at least acceptable looking on the horizon, Nintendo really has to deliver...

Always these child games like the already released Mario and Nintendoland. How am I supposed to enjoy my WiiU with these games already released and only childish games on the horizon?

Jesus Christ, I didn't realize Nintendo fanboys get so butt hurt when someone expresses their opinion on a damn video game.

Zero148

Jesus Christ, I didn't realize Nintendo fanboys get so butt hurt when someone expresses their opinion on a damn video game.

It has nothing to do with being butt hurt. My post was indended to be a parody on like 80% of GAF posts about the WiiU lineup. And I think it is not ok to call a game childish, when it clearly isn't, only because it uses some colors (I know you did not reason your asumption, I also don't know what types of games you play but I can only think your "childish" impression is based on the visuals of the game, because the gameplay itself seems more innovative to me than childish). If you would have given an reasonable argument for your oppinion, I wouldn't have made my response.

An yes, I am a Nintendo fan and have bought only Nintendo consoles except the 360, which was my main gaming mashine the last 3 years but has become my Fifa mashine in the last 18 months more or less with short breaks for Saints Row and Rayman.

Iacobellis

It has nothing to do with being butt hurt. My post was indended to be a parody on like 80% of GAF posts about the WiiU lineup. And I think it is not ok to call a game childish, when it clearly isn't, only because it uses some colors (I know you did not reason your asumption, I also don't know what types of games you play but I can only think your "childish" impression is based on the visuals of the game, because the gameplay itself seems more innovative to me than childish). If you would have given an reasonable argument for your oppinion, I wouldn't have made my response.

An yes, I am a Nintendo fan and have bought only Nintendo consoles except the 360, which was my main gaming mashine the last 3 years but has become my Fifa mashine in the last 18 months more or less with short breaks for Saints Row and Rayman.

I didn't realize you were being sarcastic, my fault. I just feel The Wonderful 101 seems childish to me is because of the characters and gameplay. This is the first time I have heard of the game under its new name, so maybe I am not giving it enough of a chance.

Other members in this thread shouldn't have to attack someone, when they barely even know that person's taste in games. Sure, I enjoy a shooter or sports game often, but I could also play Animal Crossing or Pokemon for a week straight and not care if you think the game is for a kid. Clearly, people missed where I said I would buy a Wii U for Monster Hunter 3 and Pikmin 3.

Pineconn

Does anyone know if I do the Wii transfer if songs my wife bought for Just Dance go tho the Wii U with the saves?

I honestly don't know, but I assume they would.

Edit: Perhaps you could contact Ubisoft technical support just to make sure. But my guess is that when you buy a song, something changes in the game save (which obviously does transfer over).

Kacho

Gold Member
Does anyone know if I do the Wii transfer if songs my wife bought for Just Dance go to the Wii U with the saves?

Yep. You'll be fine. All of your eShop purchases transfer over.

I was afraid to do the transfer at first because I thought I"d lose the ability to download the Donkey Kong Country games (apparently they're no longer available for purchase on the Wii Shop), but they're still available to download for me.

zroid

Banned
This is a pretty old video at this point, but since we're on the subject, I implore anyone who hasn't to watch this IGN TW101 demo from E3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD6QlYFyGO0

Gives you a good idea what the gameplay will be like. Although it looks a bit like Pikmin, it's more of an action game.

(FYI: we have seen in another trailer that it's running at 60 fps)

Scum

I think the problem Nintendo ran into there is that Club Nintendo does not exist worldwide and as opposed to changing some regions existing Club Nintendo accounts, or their equivalent, to a single common one as opposed to launching in other regions that don't have a Club Nintendo they figured it'd be easier to just make a whole new thing that doesn't carry some of the baggage that Club Nintendo does. So right now with the NNID they don't have a website where you can access your history and shit like that, it's just all handled through the Wii U and that's all they had to handle.

Ahh. Had no idea. Such a shame though.

Yoshi Land... maybe?

8 and a half hours of Ninja Gaiden today loving it but does anyone know when you get the scythe?

asked it the OT earlier not sure if people are still playing

It's safe to say Retro and EADT's games are releasing next year. We may get one or two others, but who knows? I guess Bayo2 has a shot as well.

What day are you on?

just finished day 5 saved on Day 6 got what I was looking for just before Day 5 boss
my hands are tired I think I press the buttons to hard 11 hours straight I need a rest

game is fun... I suck I am playing on Hero and its not easy to die on that but damn the challenging jumps and QTEs are enough to keep me on the edge. I am such a noob. I just want to finish it so I can get access to the DLCs

Has the Ninja Gaiden world always been this weird?

Anyone running a western digital hd on their Wii U?

me, but I shopped for the older WD Element 2TB no issues with it so far

Effect

8 and a half hours of Ninja Gaiden today loving it but does anyone know when you get the scythe?

asked it the OT earlier not sure if people are still playing

Just got it today in
Day 4 I believe. In the lab leading up to the boss fight there.
Haven't used it much. Need to level it some and didn't seem to do well against the creatures there. Though I've been leveling up the sword and staff a lot. The staff is a beast. .

BowieZ

Banned
I know this should go in the NSMBU thread but trying to avoid spoilers: any very subtle clues about the whereabouts of the secret level in Acorn Plains?

braves01

Banned
Does any know how big the Tekken Wii U community is? I'm a Tekken noob so I don't need thousands of A grade players at all times, just some people to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom