• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineconn

My hype for ZombiU:

1899025_o.gif

Twinduct

I've seen enough gameplay to know what I'm getting myself into. Granted if it gets shit on universally it might just objectively be a bad game, still doesn't change my current outlook (as I did buy the Premium Pack that includes it heh)

Yeah sounds like a good plan, especially after what happened with Ninja Gaiden and Mass Effect ports.

Treyarch has a history of treating their audience on Nintendo consoles like customers instead of milk cows. I think from all the ports, BO2 should be the safest bet to actually deliver on the promises they made.

I would've stayed away from ME3 and NG3 anyway. Batman still has to prove it doesn't run like total horseshit, and DS2 also has to prove that it runs any better than on 360 or PS3.

Gonna go with ZombiU and BO2 for 3rd parties.

Pikma

Banned
How did GS managed to avoid the embargo?

I guess Ubi went the "you can skip the embargo if you rate our game 5.9 or lower" route. :lol

Rich!

here's the thing

you die every time and you loose all your weapons

where's the fun in that ???

Eh, Dark Souls is my game of the year (PC). That shit sounds awesome.

I just don't wanna get burned. Not got a huge amount of cash for launch games.

Cartman86

Banned
I can't tell if you're serious or not but there is an entire genre based around this very concept!

To be fair for me there are fine differences between say something like Dark Souls and The Binding of Issac or other tougher rogue likes. I loved Dark Souls because you didn't lose items or your current level or really even the progress through the game.

Twinduct

Oh ffs. So he shits on the game for trying to be realistic with the combat then shits on the game for NOT being realistic with the story.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So TRU is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale that starts on sunday, correct?

No, I think the only thing they're offering is the black friday deal (or rather brown thursday), buy 1 get one 40% off. Target has a buy two, get one 50% off on the third on release day though.

antonz

So yeah basically he wants a run and gun first person shooter after watching the review. He doesn't like the actual attempt at survival horror.

Did the reviewer of ZombiU actually say ammo is more scarce than the cricket bat???

ahahaha, the hell???

Do you lose the bat or something and it's everywhere to pick up during the game???

cajunator

Banned
One thing I love about Nintendo systems is that they are polarizing. It offers a different gaming experience from the norm and thats why Im drawn to them.

Ydahs

Uh, wow. Someone's gonna get a lashing at Gamespot because all types of articles are accessible through the mobile interface before they're on the main site.

So... ZombiU. It's gotten a 91 and a 4.5. Hmm...

Of course, one needs more reviews (or GAF impressions) to really tell if the game is a disappointment or not, but it's the equal lowest rating the reviewer has given at Gamespot, so it's not like it can be completely ignored. I'll be waiting for more reviews, but my interest has sure taken a slight tumble.

edit: oooh, video review. Downloading now.

moonbox

Banned
So yeah basically he wants a run and gun first person shooter after watching the review. He doesn't like the actual attempt at survival horror.

It's strange, he acknowledges the fact that it is a survival-horror but at the same time criticises it for being so.

Which was expected from the outset. Games like ZombiU and/or Dark Souls/Amnesia aren't as popular as action Games with grotesque Enemies. The survival horror genre is a niche and slow and methodical gameplay isn't the current hot flavor.

To dislike this design is one thing, to outright disqualify it is just as useless as people decrying COD for being the way it is.

GameSpot redeemed. This is seriously an excellent review.

I don't follow Gamespot anymore but I believe I saw this female(everyone in comments typically made fun of her appearance, etc...) talking about the game with this dude a ways back and it was a very good listen.

If it's the same female, not surprised as she really seemed to find a lot to like about it back then.

I thought both of those people did a good job with their impressions.

unless someone like Giantbomb or IGN agrees with GameSpot about ZombiU they might get some serious hate for this one the guy in the video did not convince me that he made any good points or even knew what Surval Horror was.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any idea if the game (scribblenauts) is 1080p?

Getting mario, but this and possibly BO2 are the only other games I'm really considering right now. I skipped the wii so I can just pick up DKCR instead of getting a game like AC 3 that will undoubtedly be better on PC. I suck with kb/m in fps games so bo 2 is an option depending on the wiiu versions frame rate and resolution.

Supposed to be 1080p but from seeing it played and reading reviews, it might as well not be - you'll be interacting primarily on the gamepad

Nibel

Not to sound biased, but Gamespot lost me forever when they dropped Jeff because of the K&L incident

So I'll wait for other reviews to pop up

Treyarch has a history of treating their audience on Nintendo consoles like customers instead of milk cows. I think from all the ports, BO2 should be the safest bet to actually deliver on the promises they made.

Normally I'd be concerned over the withholding of review copies, but Treyarch has indeed built a lot of good will with me for their treatment of previous CoD titles on Wii.

I'll be buying the title, and if it ends up with broken parts like the PS3 version, then I believe they'll do their best to patch immediately.

Chopper

GameSpot redeemed. This is seriously an excellent review.
"Nifty".

Nice review. That's the first time I've seen the Donkey Kong inspired minigame. I know the reviewer states that it is not the best by any stretch of the imagination, it looks awesome.

The M.O.B

The melee combat does look pretty boring in ZombiU, and I hate loathe terrible melee combat from a fps perspective.

Dead Island did melee combat right. So far I haven't seen a melee weapon in ZombiU besides the bat. What other weapons are there for melee?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
To Pro Controller or to not Pro Controller. Now is the time to decide. Any moment, the shit will come to my house and Newegg won't give a damn if I wanted it or not lol

It just seems so...pointless. I don't know why I'm getting it for Tekken. You don't even need it!

Surely there must be a situation in the future where you want to play local multiplayer in a game that needs more than a dpad and two buttons (wiimote)? Or will developers just assume nobody has a pro and make everything dumbed down for wiimote controls?

antonz

From the GS Nintendo Land review. Those genuinely happy facial expressions make me excited. I really hope local multiplayer gets big again.

#empathy

I imagine thats gonna be the big issue with Nintendoland. As a package it looks fantastic but the foreveralone crowd are gonna hate it because some of the most fun to be had is with others

I imagine thats gonna be the big issue with Nintendoland. As a package it looks fantastic but the foreveralone crowd are gonna hate it because some of the most fun to be had is with others

Not gonna hate it, but I'm not gonna buy it. Without online, it's worthless to me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The gamespot ZombiU review sounds like someone criticising a survival horror game for being a survival horror game...

Surely there must be a situation in the future where you want to play local multiplayer in a game that needs more than a dpad and two buttons (wiimote)? Or will developers just assume nobody has a pro and make everything dumbed down for wiimote controls?

The only ones I can really think of are fighters. Maybe Mario Kart when that releases I suppose. I'll get it just to have it at least. I'm sure Tekken will get it's money's worth alone within a day once a buddy comes over. I'm not big on most multiplayer games though, so fighters get like 99% of my multiplayer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom