• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Banned
It does support a bunch of cable boxes.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "set up my PS3/360 to play". Play DVDs? Play videos? I don't think it's going to do anything with the other systems.

I just mean configure the inputs on my receiver.

Not sure why I didn't say it that way before.

RaptorGTA

ib1eMmcoboHbxq.png

At least you'll be playing yours this weekend...

eh..mine wont be here till 20th...

Jtrizzy

Guess it's just Mario then. Scribblenauts would be cool with the pad (never played it but it seems cool) even though it's only $30 on pc.

Hmmm... K.

Would like to move my Harmony 880 up to the bedroom, but doesn't seem I'll be able to.

Why does everyone always assume the Wii U cannot control receivers, when they are told we don't know if it can? :p Nintendo hasn't really gone into detail about the TVii remote at all, and they embargoed review sites from talking about the details until the 18th.

Right now all we really know is the thing uses IR, can turn on your TV and the Wii U, change the channel and volume, change the Input, and control cable and satellite receivers. We don't know the specifics of how you tell it what type of TV you have (cable box you tell it where you live and what cable company you have), or what other various equipment it might control.

When is the review embargo up for BO2 and AC3?

Pretty sure there are no embargoes on the games. But many sites (like IGN) are refusing to review any game with a serious online component until they can test that component out, and online won't be enabled until the patch on the 18th, even for reviewers.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
OK, so I have a black Wii U and Batman AC pre-ordered at the local GS. They're not doing a midnight launch, though. I also ordered Tekken, Mario, and DarkSiders II through Newegg. I was charged for Mario and DarkSiders II tonight, but not for Tekken. I'm saving a good $15 on Tekken with Newegg. I don't want to cancel it, but I want my games this week.

Did anyone else order Tekken from Newegg? What's the status of that order for you?

Same situation as you, nothing. I guess they're either shipping them tomorrow or early monday, I hope it's the former!

AzaK

That went really well. Fallon was so crazy happy and into it that it had to get some people excited. It also was mentioned that it was a new system, many times, and they mentioned that it was the first HD Nintendo system a bunch of times. Wasn't a confusing message.

Is there any link to an online version of it?

Jtrizzy

Really wish there was a detailed breakdown of games on the e shop at midnight. I really don't get why reviewers aren't allowed to get the update and see some of the online features. Hopefully the servers are actually working, I'd prefer to jut have nsmbu on the hard drive but I don't want to wait all night with ridiculous dl speeds that aren't my fault.

So I'm torn between what game to buy. I'm getting ZombieU and NintendoLand for sure but I don't know what other game to choose. I haven't played any of the ports, I would get COD but I won't have online for awhile so that's why I want to choose something else. I really enjoy the Scribblenauts games but I want Tekken as well. Is Tekken worth it if I can't battle online?

Right after I decided I would rather pay the full price and have Mario digitally, newegg processed my order. I still may just buy the digital and return the physical for another one. That game will get heavy rotation, so it needs to be immediately accessible at all times for me.

Dartastic

Right after I decided I would rather pay the full price and have Mario digitally, newegg processed my order. I still may just buy the digital and return the physical for another one. That game will get heavy rotation, so it needs to be immediately accessible at all times for me.
Sooooo keep it next to your system?

I like this

*You can adjust the setting so that your online status is invisible to friends from the Friends List settings.

Does anyone actually use a feature like that?

antonz

I like this

*You can adjust the setting so that your online status is invisible to friends from the Friends List settings.

Does anyone actually use a feature like that?

Yeah I like the invis option. There are times I just want to be left alone to my gaming. I like the mention of a missed call list to so when you are out or whatever.

Ydahs

This shop is so much better looking than any of the others they've had.
Best part about it is that it's clean and consistent with the rest of the UI.

Yeah, it says pause not quit. Might just be a mistake I guess.
I reckon the ability to pause the game without quitting was their initial design goal, though they probably encountered some issues which led them to delay that specific feature. Hopefully it's added in at a later date.

Nosgoroth

Hmmm, in the chat section it says you can pause your game and take a call...I thought iwata said we couldnt do that?

Realistic thinking: That's wrong and the game does close, as Iwata implied.

Positive thinking: Iwata was regretful that you couldn't take a call while continuing to play, in a true multitasking sense.

(I'm aware that the Iwata Asks said "終了/shuuryou/end")

deleted

Yell at me if this is old, but I just noticed NoA updated the Built-in Software section on the website. It has detailed pages like the JP site for Miiverse, Internet Browser and more.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/built-in-software/

New Super Mario Bros. U Miiverse Home:
main.jpg

eShop:
img_newsoft.jpg

Mii Maker:
img_main.jpg

Threaded Commenting:
img_share_enjoy_comment.jpg

He has 556$ in balance. No Nintendo Points? Great!

Oh and is the day 1 update already live? Is there material from the eshop or miiverse floating around?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
GUYS, ZombiU review for gamespot is out! You apparently need to access it through the Xbox Live app. People are saying the score is

Watching it right now...

Van Owen

Banned
GUYS, ZombiU review for gamespot is out! You apparently need to access it through the Xbox Live app. People are saying the score is

Watching it right now...

lol if true.

Game looks so unspeaking. Glad Rich isn't doing the IGN review, cause he's in full fanboy mode

Eusis

Watching it right now...
Either this is very much a unique, acquired taste, or it really IS Red Steel all over again afterall.

japtor

That went really well. Fallon was so crazy happy and into it that it had to get some people excited. It also was mentioned that it was a new system, many times, and they mentioned that it was the first HD Nintendo system a bunch of times. Wasn't a confusing message.
There were even oohs and aahs when they started doing the pink baby Yoshi balloon thing (after taking a bit to coordinate just to pick them up in the first place), and Fallon was geeking out over Mario in HD...which did look pretty nice seeing full screen on TV at 60fps.

I think the biggest thing Fallon said was pointing out that along with Mario and stuff you can also get others like Black Ops 2 and Zombi U (the camera thing shown last time Reggie was on).
Is there any link to an online version of it?
Unless someone uploads it themselves it'll be up on the show site some time in the morning I guess:
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/
The segment was towards the end between the guest interviews and music act.

Watching it right now...
Ubisoft'd again?

Eusis

making up new words for that Webster Dictionary :)
I just like the fact you're just going "yeah" to any comment. It's like the most half hearted endorsement you could make.
IF that does happen, Ubisoft launch titles will officially be a part of the sonic cycle.
Honestly, they really should be. Ubi LOVES to rush a lot of stuff only to improve it in future iterations later on. Even if GameSpot's ZombiU review is an outlier or it's one of those acquired tastes (... or their equivalent to IGN's God Hand review?) Rabbids definitely seems like it's something using a familiar IP to get on Wii U day 1, and going by the other multiplatform releases I'll be surprised if AC3 can even hold its own relative to the other platforms. Really wish Nintendo went for an inarguably stronger CPU to compliment the GPU whether or not it stood up to the next Sony/MS platforms, but then that may not have done anything to stop these poor ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom