• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I just finished watching the video, the only thing he highlighted was the multiplayer because it emphasized on the gunning mechanics, something single player hardly does since the cricket bat tends to be your main means of attack.

I think I'm going to rent this one to be safe. I wonder what other reviewers are going to say.

Erasus

So I'm torn between what game to buy. I'm getting ZombieU and NintendoLand for sure but I don't know what other game to choose. I haven't played any of the ports, I would get COD but I won't have online for awhile so that's why I want to choose something else. I really enjoy the Scribblenauts games but I want Tekken as well. Is Tekken worth it if I can't battle online?

Darksiders 2 is a really long SP only game. I hear its good too. I loved the first one

I just finished watching the video, the only thing he highlighted was the multiplayer because it emphasized on the gunning mechanics, something single player hardly does since the cricket bat tends to be your main means of attack.

If this is real, I could just imagine the negative:

AMMO IS SO SCARCE.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I can imagine ZombiU being love or hate type of game, just like Demon's Souls, so scores will be all over the place

japtor

I just like the fact you're just going "yeah" to any comment. It's like the most half hearted endorsement you could make.
Yeah!
If this is real, I could just imagine the negative:

AMMO IS SO SCARCE.
I hope he complains about the gunshot noise attracting zombies, like "why have guns if you're punished for using them?!"
That's the first thing mentioned when he begins talking about guns.
Well this should be fun.

Erethian

I can imagine ZombiU being love or hate type of game, just like Demon's Souls, so scores will be all over the place

Sounds about right.

Edit: Specifically, that what are pros for some people are cons for others. Like scarcity of ammo, which personally is something I like. I want it all RE1 up in this.

Pineconn

Oh well. I'm definitely not trusting GameSpot, though. Will wait for Greg Miller's and Jim Sterling's opinions.

Watching the Zombi U review right now and so far the reviewer is pretty much blasting the game due to reptitive melee combat.

Any chance it says who the reviewer is?

Hawk269

Watching the Zombi U review right now and so far the reviewer is pretty much blasting the game due to reptitive melee combat.

Damn I hope we see some other reviews because this was the main reason getting the system, so hopefully this is one of those "one off's" reviews.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Damn I hope we see some other reviews because this was the main reason getting the system, so hopefully this is one of those "one off's" reviews.

We'll see, the review embargo isn't even supposed to be lifted until sunday morning. Yikes.

Uh oh. My preorder's paid off so I might keep it unopened until more scores come out. Press was overwhelmingly positive so I'm not sure what they screwed up. Unless the reviewer just didn't like the mechanic, which is probably polarizing.

Seems he wants more of an FPS than exploration/strategic/survival horror game but ask the other guys who have actually listened to the review.

Cartman86

Banned
So what are the chances that the WiiU will support background downloads? Have a feeling my insistence on going all digital this time will kind of ruin launch night.

Erethian

So what are the chances that the WiiU will support background downloads? Have a feeling my insistence on going all digital this time will kind of ruin launch night.

Seems like it's a pretty good sign that you can access the download management sub-menu while playing a game.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Has any reviewer touched the Black Ops 2 version for Wii U? Would love to hear about it.

Gametrailers stated they recieved every single wii u launch game except for Black Ops 2 and (another game I forgot). I guess Activision didn't send out review copies?

antonz

The only redeeming thing from the game is the local only MP? What a strange review.

The guy hates the gamepad to the point of saying he rather push buttons to cycle through weapons rather than using the touchscreen to pick one.

This stuff screams wiimote all over again

- J - D -

Well, that seems to me like the harbinger of doom for my launch plans. Without Zombi U to fall back on, I have nothing I want at launch. Still holding out hope, though.

Erethian

Seems his biggest complaint is quite honestly its not so gun focused as the genre has become.

Seems he was cheesing out a lot of fights, and it's hard to know whether that's because the design of the game is bad in giving you options to evade enemies, or dispose them by different means or not.

Nothing in the previews I'd seen suggested it was that hard to run past zombies so long as you shoved them out of the way, but I guess we'll find out when more reviews come in.

Erethian

Also slightly unrelated but is that the average review text length for Gamespot these days? I stopped going there after Gerstmanngate, but it seems way shorter than it was back then.

HiiiLife

I didn't even realize this is dropping tomorrow. Congrats Nintendo. I think this may be the console to pull me back towards Nintendo gaming. I haven't messed around with one since N64.

Whenever they announce an HD Zelda, it's game over. I'm sold. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom