• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to get second thoughts about not waiting and getting an HTC One instead of my Lumia 920.

I love WP, how snappy it is and how easy it makes everything, but Microsoft's support is outright pathetic, as so is the fact that the best modern camera phone out there still makes underwhelming daylight pictures due to shit software/firmware.

So I was walking through the Student Center here on campus and I just passed a Rogers booth that had, all the colours of the Lumia 900(that they offered), all of the colours of the Lumia 920 (that they offered). Then there was one Galaxy Nexus sitting somewhere in the corner of the booth and one of the new BlackBerry Devices sitting on the other corner.

Then to top it off, I stopped by to pick up some free swag and I overheard them talking to a group of people wondering about Windows Phone, answering things about the platform amazingly well. It was a complete 180* turn from what I usually oversee in malls when I go out every once in a blue moon.

MCD

So I was walking through the Student Center here on campus and I just passed a Rogers booth that had, all the colours of the Lumia 900(that they offered), all of the colours of the Lumia 920 (that they offered). Then there was one Galaxy Nexus sitting somewhere in the corner of the booth and one of the new BlackBerry Devices sitting on the other corner.

Then to top it off, I stopped by to pick up some free swag and I overheard them talking to a group of people wondering about Windows Phone, answering things about the platform amazingly well. It was a complete 180* turn from what I usually oversee in malls when I go out every once in a blue moon.

Did you hear them talking about Instagram?

hadareud

The Translator
I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to get second thoughts about not waiting and getting an HTC One instead of my Lumia 920.

I love WP, how snappy it is and how easy it makes everything, but Microsoft's support is outright pathetic, as so is the fact that the best modern camera phone out there still makes underwhelming daylight pictures due to shit software/firmware.

Just install the update from Navifirm. Unless you're desperate to keep your game saves.

The camera performance in daylight is a lot better with it and there will be another update soon.

Beowulf28

I still think its crazy that apps like Instagram and Pandora are still missing. How does Microsoft expect to grow the user base if it can't get all these mainstream apps? I was actually talking to one of my professors about my Lumia and was starting to sell him on WP8 but when I said there wasn't an app for Pandora he was immediately turned off.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I still think its crazy that apps like Instagram and Pandora are still missing. How does Microsoft expect to grow the user base if it can't get all these mainstream apps? I was actually talking to one of my professors about my Lumia and was starting to sell him on WP8 but when I said there wasn't an app for Pandora he was immediately turned off.
No Official Pandora app. There are 3rd party ones.

hwalker84

Is it available yet? All the links are dead

QR%20Pandora.png

MCD

Aren't they all buggy emulated android ports?

And numbers do not matter, who gets Instagram first is the winner.

lol

Milchjon

He tweeted this before Pandora was announced, didn't he?

Hmm, maybe. Everyone was retweeting it just now.

Edit: Yeah, he tweeted it just before talking about Pandora.

He also tweeted this, though:

joebelfiore

BTW, (1) if link isn't working, just try again in a bit, and (2) for you non US folks, we'll try to find something else fun in a few days :)

thirty

Banned
App is glorious, incredibly fast, high quality audio, ad free, with no 40 hour monthly limit. Now if Pandora could have offline listening it would be the ultimate music app.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have to sign up to give it a try? Was thinking of switching to the US marketplace and giving it a go. I wonder what that other tease from Joe would be.

Probably has been answered several times during this thread so sorry but as a new user of WP8 what are the must have apps? First smartphone ever for me (Lumia 920) so I am total newbie lol.

Milchjon

Probably has been answered several times during this thread so sorry but as a new user of WP8 what are the must have apps? First smartphone ever for me (Lumia 920) so I am total newbie lol.

Everything Nokia.
There's a great Wikipedia app by Rudy Huyn.
WhatsApp or whatever your friends use.
PhotoSynth.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Here are my essential apps, I'm not much into gaming on phones so mainly utilities

Nokia Transit
Nokia Drive
Spotify
Amazon Kindle
XE.com
World Clock
Weather Tile
YouTube Downloader
PDF Reader
Netflix
My Notes
BBC News

thirty

Banned
connectivity app for shortcuts to WiFi, airplane, and Bluetooth.

weather flow for the best weather app.

metrotube for the best YouTube app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom