• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just grumpy because you're missing out on the superior version of apps by being stuck on an outdated platform.
My galaxy nexus runs 4.2.2 for a while now and I'm not a Pandora user. I am, however, a Spotify user and the Windows Phone version sucks compared to the android one.

hadareud

The Translator
My galaxy nexus runs 4.2.2 for a while now and I'm not a Pandora user. I am, however, a Spotify user and the Windows Phone version sucks compared to the android one.

I use neither.

I am very adult and I only use audible. The WP version of which is far superior to the Android version.

Totakeke

I like Pandora has a buy this music on Xbox music link on the songs. Coupled with a Zune Xbox Music Pass, immediately download the songs you like to your collection, that's like super awesome! And Pandora isn't even supported in my region.

Positive news for Windows Phone:

Speaking today at Business Insider's IGNITION Mobile conference, Engberg explained that Evernote had learned a lot by building mobile versions of Evernote that failed to take off.

Engberg also said that Evernote is seeing increasing usage of its Windows Phone app -- and more important, that people on that platform use it quite often and buy extra services. "The average revenue per user is more than it is for Android." He called Windows Phone revenue "modest, but worth the effort" and said it was "solidly in third place" -- ahead of BlackBerry.

http://www.citeworld.com/mobile/21615/evernote-cto-explains-how-build-app-people-will-actually-use

daevv

Got my Samsung ATIVs yesterday! Other than browsing the store I've been playing some UNO and Cut the Rope. Loving the screen as it's a big jump from my ol iPhone 3GS which I had the past 3 years. :)

Any game or everyday (non social) apps you guys use I should check out? The Internet Explorer is not to bad but I don't see a back button.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Got my Samsung ATIVs yesterday! Other than browsing the store I've been playing some UNO and Cut the Rope. Loving the screen as it's a big jump from my ol iPhone 3GS which I had the past 3 years. :)

Any game or everyday (non social) apps you guys use I should check out? The Internet Explorer is not to bad but I don't see a back button.
Hardware Button.

Try the lower left button on your phone. ;-)

Delays happen.

LvVOjP5.png

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Z10 was released today and didn't even make att's front page. Instead, it's a Galaxy S4 sign up.

I like the interface. Reports are that its pretty buggy and the hardware is not very impressive for me, but the geek in me would love to get a hold of a z10 for cheap and play around with it.

Gamble

I had the HTC 8x for a few weeks and LOVED it but the apps were so limited compared to Android I switched to a Galaxy S3 especially since the Lumia 920 was only available on ATT *bastards* but after hearing about Verizon getting the 928 soon and seeing how the app market for WP8 is coming along compared to a few months ago think I may just make the switch to a new OS

I had the HTC 8x for a few weeks and LOVED it but the apps were so limited compared to Android I switched to a Galaxy S3 especially since the Lumia 920 was only available on ATT *bastards* but after hearing about Verizon getting the 928 soon and seeing how the app market for WP8 is coming along compared to a few months ago think I may just make the switch to a new OS

I don't think the apps are going to be less limited with the 928...

unless you are implying that Nokia's exclusive apps are better than the rest of the apps in the store. Then I guess it's an opinion thing.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I don't think the apps are going to be less limited with the 928...

unless you are implying that Nokia's exclusive apps are better than the rest of the apps in the store. Then I guess it's an opinion thing.

I think you are generally correct here, but have you seen the Nokia collection? They have a lot of apps. I did a quick check and they have 48 published by them alone. This isn't like the barren HTC and Samsung hubs. And a lot are pretty good quality too. Although, when taken against the gargantuan Apple app store and the beefy Play store, it'll always be lacking.

I'm more or less just saying that Nokia doesn't have any more access than anyone else (AFAIK). They've developed quite a bit of awesome apps though, and can see why many people prefer Nokia phones over other OEMs.

I <3 my 8x though.

hwalker84

I like the interface. Reports are that its pretty buggy and the hardware is not very impressive for me, but the geek in me would love to get a hold of a z10 for cheap and play around with it.

I will find out in a few days. Seeing that I'm our Blackberry admin and I need to test BES 10.

NeOak

I'm more or less just saying that Nokia doesn't have any more access than anyone else (AFAIK). They've developed quite a bit of awesome apps though, and can see why many people prefer Nokia phones over other OEMs.

I <3 my 8x though.

I thought they aren't doing more because it could fragment the market? But if you are right, Nokia should be allowed even more access to they can bring WP8 to feature parity with Symbian (BT, USB host, HDMI or MHL, Keyboard/Mouse, FM transmitter)

And yes, i used a small logitech usb keyboard with my N8 so i could write those English literature essays without the need to bring my laptop. Heck, i used to do it with my Palm Vx and the Palm keyboard!

Seems like Nokia is the only one wanting WP to be successful. Their effort is outstanding.

Pretty much. However, it baffles me why don't they release a QWERTY WP8 like the E7 D:

My dad still uses his N8 for music, PDF reading (because the MS PDF Reader SUCKS BALLS and cant open 800+ pages pdfs) and for the USB management. WP8 is good, but he uses some features that only Symbian has (Android didn't have them until ICS i think? and no, Android was never a choice. The N8 camera spoiled him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom