• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Damn, that sucks. Here is a way to share your Cinemagraphs btw.

e: Here is an example of a problem with the Translate app.

So, it thinks the Italian word for apple is apple when translating from English, but if you already know the word for apple in Italian it translates it to English perfectly. I'm not liking this.

Does the phone have a google translator app?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My bro was talking to a Telus rep today and they had the dummy unit of the Ativ S out and they expect to have them in stock next week.

Nope, I found that out when I renewed for a whole year. If you have a continuous subscription from long ago you are grandfathered in but if you took a break you don't. I took 3 days off and then renewed for a full year assuming I would get 10 songs a month. NOPE.

Phew. Just autorenewed today, had thought about taking a break...glad I didn't now.

Razdek

Banned
Man, going from a lumia 920 to an LG Quantum really sucks. I miss the HD screen and zippiness of WP8 that loaded things quickly. Microsoft is doing such a disservice with not providing 7.8 to current users this year.

frontieruk

Man, going from a lumia 920 to an LG Quantum really sucks. I miss the HD screen and zippiness of WP8 that loaded things quickly. Microsoft is doing such a disservice with not providing 7.8 to current users this year.

But how many people are going from 8 - 7? To users of 7 its still quite nippy, its only because you've been in later hardward/software you notice how limited 7 is

kazinova

I've had to start rejecting AlphaJax games because I have so many going now. Apologies if you're one of the unlucky people who don't get to kick the crap out of me.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can't seem to figure out how to sync multiple Google calendars. I know it's possible because I did it when I set up my Lumia 920 three weeks ago. Now if I go to m.google.com/sync/ it just basically gives me an advert for Nexus products. If I go to the Sync Select page my Lumia isn't listed.

[edit]It seems they've changed the m.google.com/sync page in the past couple of weeks and in the process either broken or deliberately excluded WP users. Cool.

zedge

So the 8s has launched on virgin mobile in Canada.. Thought this was not coming to north America? Or is HTC unaware Canada is in North America? :p

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So the 8s has launched on virgin mobile in Canada.. Thought this was not coming to north America? Or is HTC unaware Canada is in North America? :p

Hmm, my brother is looking maybe for a low end phone for his wife. This could be an option. He is probably going to get an Ativ S next week with Telus.

PG2G

So, the Wi-Fi Keep-Alive is on both the HTC 8S and the Nokia Lumia 920T. You think they will slip it in with the reboot fix this month for everyone else, or will we have to wait for "Apollo+"?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So, the Wi-Fi Keep-Alive is on both the HTC 8S and the Nokia Lumia 920T. You think they will slip it in with the reboot fix this month for everyone else, or will we have to wait for "Apollo+"?

I hope it is with the fix. It would be somewhat stupid if it wasn't, but stupid things happen.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can't seem to figure out how to sync multiple Google calendars. I know it's possible because I did it when I set up my Lumia 920 three weeks ago. Now if I go to m.google.com/sync/ it just basically gives me an advert for Nexus products. If I go to the Sync Select page my Lumia isn't listed.

[edit]It seems they've changed the m.google.com/sync page in the past couple of weeks and in the process either broken or deliberately excluded WP users. Cool.

Anybody? I'll have to find an alternative calendar service if Google have stopped supporting WP.

Pachimari

I can't have my google calendar sync on Windows Phone 7? So that if I change something on my iPhone 5, then it will also have changed on my Lumia 800.

PG2G

I can't have my google calendar sync on Windows Phone 7? So that if I change something on my iPhone 5, then it will also have changed on my Lumia 800.

Yeah you can. Just add the google account and tell it to sync calendars. Are you having an issue?

I remember something about only primary calendars syncing but I think that was resolved in wp7.5

kharma45

Anyone had issues syncing multiple Google calendars to WP8? The m.google.com/sync option takes me to this and won't give me access to my calendars

jd9K53BhXaFwT.jpg

Pachimari

Yeah you can. Just add the google account and tell it to sync calendars. Are you having an issue?

I remember something about only primary calendars syncing but I think that was resolved in wp7.5
No I'm not having an issue, I just wan to be sure it support google calendar before opening the box with the phone. :)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Anyone had issues syncing multiple Google calendars to WP8? The m.google.com/sync option takes me to this and won't give me access to my calendars

I posted on this three posts above you. I can't access it either. I hope it's just a hiccup on Google's end.

How's Twitter integrated in WP7.5?

Can I see tweets or do I need the Twitter app for that? Is it good?

tweets are integrated in your people hub feed, where you can decide wether you want facebook and/or twitter and/or Windows Live feeds showing up. you dont need an app for simple twitter usage.

Klocker

is it wrong that I now only come in this thread to see if the Ativ is coming to ATT yet? :(

held the 920 this week and almost walked out with it but damn I think I want that 4.8" screen.

I might get the 920 and give it to my GF in June when I can upgrade another line

Sordid

I don't think the Angry Birds games are exclusive to anyone on 7.5, they're not 'Xbox' games according to my Lumia 800.

MCD

You know, I don't mind them, dropping the Xbox bullshit if they can bring in more games to every region and bringing more devs who do not want to bother with Xbox Live certifications.

Sordid

You know, I don't mind them, dropping the Xbox bullshit if they can bring in more games to every region and brining more devs who do not want to bother with Xbox Live certifications.

Yep if it gets more devs in it'll be great. It's weird in this instance though, the games have achievements in the WP8 versions :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom