• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Couldn't they at least implement a way to browse Instagram?
That should be the least of their problems...

I guess they will do it sometime in the future but right now their priority is hacking their way around it and the next update will further that by making account creation within the app itself possible.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
the 3 devices i listed and the 620 all are around 4" screened 800x480 Snapdragon S4 powered handsets.

That's true, but I was more focused on the n4 and your comment about it starting at $300. For me, 8gb without SD, that's not a viable option. I feel claustrophobic with the Nexus One, I'd never recommend it. I think the poster who you originally responded to would've appreciated the info though.

That's true, but I was more focused on the n4 and your comment about it starting at $300. For me, 8gb without SD, that's not a viable option. I feel claustrophobic with the Nexus One, I'd never recommend it. I think the poster who you originally responded to would've appreciated the info though.

wait for the Blu Life One later this month?

also, GS3 unlocked seems to be going for around $450 on Amazon and ebay nowadays..

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
i dunno man, i have a 64GB SDXC in my phone and don't see how peeps can say '8GB isnt enough but 16GB is'... either go all cloud or not...

That's the problem, going cloud only means media, but my biggest problem with 8gb phones is that apps are getting bigger, and games are already huge. With 16gb, I can store my documents and media on the cloud and still have reasonable space for apps, 8gb is just suffocating for apps and games. I just checked my 920 storage and I already have 7.9gb worth of apps/games and I already delete demos after I play them, and apps and games that I don't use.

And this is on Windows Phone which, you will recall, has no apps and games. :p

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Still waiting for my update
hBJcqqc.gif

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
If they could only fix the poor WP calendar app...

Unfortunately, the core apps are still tied to OS updates. I hoped they had learned from Google and allowed the browser, calendar, mail, messaging, and people hub to get updated independently, but nope. :'(

I've been happy with the update situation so far, I've gotten two good ones, portico and the update last week. That said, it looks like no updates for first party apps until blue, which will likely be just under a year from now.

MCD

I remember reading IE was supposed to be removed from the Core OS. They all need to be.

IE is fine because the IE team on the desktop side are updating it annually it seems (IE111 on Windows Blue) so one would assume that the IE mobile will be updated along with it.

But the Music/Video/Games/Calendar apps need to be removed from the OS just like on Windows 8.

NeOak

Well, it seems that last firmware update totally removed the battery "memory". Its back to normal after a few days, so if you update, don't go "WTF" regarding the battery.

frontieruk

What am I reading here?

recalibration of the battery, it's a standard trick on android, the OS records stats on battery usage, Neoak seems to be implying the FW pudate wiped his stats and it's taken a while to recalibrate, as he'd been seeing a drop in battery performance if I remember correctly

Firestorm

If you don't like how Windows Phone deals with notifications why are you looking at the 920? Same for apps, it's not that much of an improvement with WP8.
Because it's beautiful :(
Well if you want notifications, a Lumia 920 won't do you any more good than what you have now. The iOS notifications system was stolen straight from Android but manages to be worse, so you might as well go with the N4.

As far as apps go, nothing will ever be able to touch iOS and Android now. Critical mass has long been surpassed for both of those platforms, all WP and Blackberry are chasing now is the crumbs of the market, in terms of both market share and number of apps.
If all I cared about is how well notifications were done, I'd go with a BlackBerry.

Have you guys seen the Wendy's ads where they're using 920s? Its so weird and unobtrusive that it makes me wonder what the real reason they're there is. Mindshare? Probably not, as you wouldn't notice it unless you owned a 920. Just something weird I noticed

Troll

Banned
Have you guys seen the Wendy's ads where they're using 920s? Its so weird and unobtrusive that it makes me wonder what the real reason they're there is. Mindshare? Probably not, as you wouldn't notice it unless you owned a 920. Just something weird I noticed

Nope. Lovespellsbynoellwinters.com I get.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ms. Splosion Man out today!

http://mjr.mn/10vRhV4

May not be fully up yet in all regions.

Edit: :lol it appears to be another WP7 only game 900 owners rejoice!
Edit 2: Square I can forgive, but this is a another fail for MS.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

No but I noticed there was a Windows phone in the first episode of Orphan Black. It wasn't obvious product placement because they never showed the brand name, it was just the incoming call screen. If you didn't know the OS you probably wouldn't have known what it was. I'm pretty sure it was a black 920 since they showed a Nokia feature phone in other segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom