• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Oh wow, it wasn't but two months ago that the blogs were speculating that MS was abandoning Xbox live on the phones. They're on a roll lately, aside from the wp7-only missteps.

I really can't be bothered with Xbox Games with no save backup.

Good stuff though, keep it up and bring the rest of the heavy hitters like Real Racing and that UE game.

MCD

I'm too dumb for Google reader so Weave is right up my alley.

Shame they only update it once a year lol.

Thanks for the answers guys, but I just got an 8x for free as a workphone, so I was just wondering how it stacked up compared to what I thought was the best Win8 phone out there.

MCD

Thanks for the answers guys, but I just got an 8x for free as a workphone, so I was just wondering how it stacked up compared to what I thought was the best Win8 phone out there.

You have the sexiest Windows Phone so yours is just as good, bro.

Troll

Banned
If we all pitch in $20 I wonder if that would be enough to get LastFlowers to punch the person responsible in the face.

Troll

Banned
Guys, by releasing Ms. Splosion Man on iOS and 7.8 Microsoft is actually just making a statement.

iOS is last gen. Upgrade to WP 8 if you want a Next Gen phone! It's all "Marketing", you guys.

I, for one, am happy that I have a next gen OS. Now when I see someone playing Ms. Splosion Man it's like watching someone play a Gameboy color. Embarrassing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't understand why some WP7 games work on WP8 and why others don't. Was there a secret blast processing chip in WP7s that we didn't know about.

MCD

I still don't understand why some WP7 games work on WP8 and why others don't. Was there a secret blast processing chip in WP7s that we didn't know about.

I'm fairly dumb when it comes to this but from my understanding:

WP7 = Silverlight, XNA

WP8 = C++ and Visual shit

Porting to WP8 requires a bit of effort I guess so why bother with the tiny marketshare. I rolled along with Chaos Rings being only on WP7 considering WP8 never launched in Japan and I doubt Square care all that much about WP now when their whole management is getting shuffled left and right.

But Ms splosion is by MS so this is just....amazing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Can I make a Brazilian account to check?

I tried changing my region to Brazil and download it, but it didn't work. Maybe games work different than regular apps when changing regions? Probably just a mistake though. I thought we had someone from Brazil in the thread?

Troll

Banned
I tried changing my region to Brazil and download it, but it didn't work. Maybe games work different than regular apps when changing regions? Probably just a mistake though. I thought we had someone from Brazil in the thread?

Did it do the same thing it normally would do or something different?

Yeah where is our native Brazilian anyways?

Sordid

You could try to "Download and install manually" via the website with the Brazilian version to see if it works, I would but you can't do it on the 920 :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Did it do the same thing it normally would do or something different?

Yeah where is our native Brazilian anyways?

Got the same message that it won't work on this device.

edit: yeah, he is a WP7 user isn't he?

edit2: Galactic Reign and Gravity Guy 2 >> Ms.Splosion Man anyways ;)

TTOOLL

Then why do we even HAVE a Brazilian? Do we have to patch together and get you a windows phone 8 device? Come on guys, step your game up!

You guys should buy me a white 920 ASAP >
Nokia online store is the only place selling the damn thing here and it's always out of stock.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
He dropped the Lumia 920 way before this, because of the support and this moved proved him right.

I know, it just rings hollow when we've had the best stretch of new game releases since I've been on the platform. Since the beginning.

I mean, MS already has and will continue to pour more resources into their phone unit than is commensurate with the market share. They make dumb mistakes, sure, but this is just a silly thing to point to in terms of leaving the platform. It doesn't have any less support than when he chose to leave, the phone he left behind has had more meaningful updates since its release than the bevy of security updates on the iPhone 5 because apple is too stupid to secure a lock screen. MS and Nokia are supporting the platform and there are more updates headed our way. Support is not the issue, we can point to speed and app acquisition, even if we laugh when they do something dumb like release a game for IOS and 7.5 only.

MarkusRJR

So guys... Nexus 4 or Lumia 620? I only use my phone mainly for podcasts, web browsing, texting, music listening, youtube, and the occasional game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom