• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that's kinda cool. Too bad nobody around here will play it.

I remember the Dark Knight Rises location based game. I think there was one other player within a 30 mile radius :-D

I was surprised that there was a fair bit of activity around me. You can also do stuff in other countries, which is cool.

edit: zedge, you should pick it up when you get your Lumia back. We can dominate Calgary, :lol

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Sounds like AT&T is pushing the latest 920 firmware. Also, I hate you Rogers!

The Lumia Nexus 920:

pic_A9nr_m.jpg

Incredible software support, 3 feature updates within 6 months. Wow. That's as good as, if not better, than iPhone and Nexus level feature update frequency.

Bullza2o

The Lumia Nexus 920:

Incredible software support, 3 feature updates within 6 months. Wow. That's as good as, if not better, than iPhone and Nexus level feature update frequency.

Yeah, its frequent updates for this phone became one of the most exciting things to me.

stktt

Banned
Finally settled on Amazing Weather for my weather application. I would use Microsoft's app, but it doesn't support a current location live tile and still hasn't been updated for WP8.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally settled on Amazing Weather for my weather application. I would use Microsoft's app, but it doesn't support a current location live tile and still hasn't been updated for WP8.

I flip back and forth between Amazing Weather and WeatherFlow. Currently using Weatherflow since I prefer its medium realistic tile. Also matches my WeatherFlow Windows 8 tile :)

Updated my 920. Is anyone else having problems with scrolling smoothness? The home screen and browser both stutter (although it's only while my finger is on the screen) while apps like twabbit and nextgen reader are smooth as butter.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
:lol yeah, I noticed that

edit: Anton, I'm reading that the 920 transitions are smoother and faster after the update. Your thoughts?

I don't notice any difference. Also, I fixed the calendar tile. Unpin, repin and it worked for me. No reset necessary.

edit: I think I noticed some stuttering when I upgraded, but now I'm messing with the homescreen and browser trying to replicate it and its all smooth.

hadareud

The Translator
heh

To be fair, I emailed their support and they were very quick and nice. Once we worked out the problem (doesn't like 20 digit passwords with special characters), it now actually works ok. Publishing takes less than a minute and they told me that they'd up the upload limit to 10 in the next couple of days.

Not that I actually plan on ever using it again. Money well spent.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
I updated my 920. How do you get the clock to show? Double tap not working either. Anyone know the update serial no. for AT&T?

DrSlek

After waiting months for 7.8 to be deployed to my phone, it has finally arrived this morning. Along with every other fucking update it has missed.

Wasted an hour before work just updating my phone. And there's still more updates to install when I get home.

jgkspsx

I just need to point out that if the Windows Phone thread is the only place lively enough to discuss the Z10, Blackberry really are dead people walking.

People look at me like I'm from Mars when they realize I have a Windows Phone. It's kinda fun, actually.

My update is ready. What does it do again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom