• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of marketshares, I'm curious to know what Canada's is? I imagine WP is like 1%. I mostly see iPhones.

edit: the ad could have showed off the OIS nicely or cinemagraph. Might have got a bit long though.

Speaking of marketshares, I'm curious to know what Canada's is? I imagine WP is like 1%. I mostly see iPhones.

edit: the ad could have showed off the OIS nicely or cinemagraph. Might have got a bit long though.

I've seen quite a few Windows Phones at my college campus, There is 2 (was 3) inside of my Computer Science Program, both of them are 920's. And a few of them inside of my general courses (Humanities and English) ranging from 920's to 8X's to 8S'. Then every time that Rogers comes to set up a booth at the school they show off mostly Windows Phones.

Now that Windows Phone is getting uglier with each iteration, it looks like Apple comes to the rescue.

iOS 7 is codenamed “Innsbruck,” according to three people familiar with the OS. The interface changes include an all-new icon set for Apple’s native apps in addition to newly designed tool bars, tab bars, and other fundamental interface features across the system. iOS devices running the next-generation software reportedly have polarizing filters to decrease viewing angles of on-lookers.

In addition to losing the complex interface design characteristics from earlier versions of iOS, Apple has been discussing and testing ways to add more ‘glance-able’ information and system options panels, like Notification Center, to the software.

The new interface is said to be “very, very flat,” according to one source. Another person said that the interface loses all signs of gloss, shine, and skeumorphism seen across current and past versions of iOS. Another source framed the new OS as having a level of “flatness” approaching recent releases of Microsoft’s Windows Phone “Metro” UI.

Milchjon

Not that surprising about the flat design or design overhaul... But I don't think that you can polarize light via software.

Are you doubting Apple's genius? If they can invent the glanceable phone UI, they sure as hell can invent polarization software.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
If anyone can figure out how to make the software display more information without having to dive in and out of apps, its Apple. They pioneered drop down notifications and deep integration with Facebook and twitter. I'm talking about the ability to supplement your contacts and other areas of the OS with content from social media. Those guys are pushing mobile software into the future, while the other competitors just sit back and copy everything.

frontieruk

NAWmGRC.png

zKRcyIR.png

nIzrZqv.png

CLj9ssP.png

I think someone on the current BetVictor campaign has a chubby for WP...

If anyone can figure out how to make the software display more information without having to dive in and out of apps, its Apple. They pioneered drop down notifications and deep integration with Facebook and twitter. I'm talking about the ability to supplement your contacts and other areas of the OS with content from social media. Those guys are pushing mobile software into the future, while the other competitors just sit back and copy everything.

Well said, my friend. See you in line for the iPhone 5S.

frontieruk

That, and about people praising this piece of utter garbage.

wtMHirT.jpg

A concept of the new rumored start screen with a third column. I bet there's already an Android skin for that.

wait... wha??? I thought that was an android skin, that's a concept for ms? someone please gouge my eyes out :(

flippedb

Banned
Yea.. I guess that having filters on to prevent people looking at how the beta software looks makes much more sense than having it as a feature.

I think it might be a feature on next iPhone. The filter could also help with the colors on the screen, like with Nokia's CBD thing.

stktt

Banned

wtMHirT.jpg

A concept of the new rumored start screen with a third column. I bet there's already an Android skin for that.

I agree about a third column. There's enough customization in 8 that I don't see any real benefit to a third column other than being able to market "more tiles!".

wtMHirT.jpg

What I particularly don't like is their switches in the bottom of the notification center. So out of place.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Black. Nokia's grey was my favorite color they made for the phone, but AT&T never picked up that color.

Also, matte finish for life.

I like matte, but after messing around with my buddies red 920 I actually like the glossy a lot. The glossy 920 also seems less slippery to me as well.

A friend of mine is getting my old Zune HD tomorrow and while I'm sitting here, trying to fill all those 32 GB, I notice once again how magnificent the Zune desktop client is. While I'm an avid Spotify user and like what I get, the Zune client simply shits from great heights on it, when it comes to managing local music.

Fuck drag and drop and fuck everyone who wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom