• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmincer

I have to say I'm with quaere in thinking that surfcube is ugly, the small menu bar just isn't metro.

On a side note I think I need a half decent cheap android handset, suggestions?

idk where you live but Htc one s or xperia P are reasonably cheap bow and have good hardware.

kharma45

So, that 928 then

NUSA-CP-Lumia-928-Hero-v2-jpg.jpg

lumia928vanityfaire620wm.jpg

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/lumia928

frontieruk

How cheap is cheap? I'm guessing cheaper than the Nexus 4 otherwise that'd be the obvious choice?

normally I'd consider the N4 in plaything money range, but I've spent a lot getting my new fish tank up, and I've got another £200 (~$300 usd) to go before I'm even going to start putting fish in :-/ so I was looking lower than the £240 (~$371 usd) that google's asking

I was using war hyperbolically haha. Thanks for the flag though :) How cheap is cheap for you? If that extends to $300 then definitely nexus 4. I'd imagine that a used gs3 is getting down there in price also.

though looking in the price range I was looking at perhaps the extra cash on the N4 would be worth it, though the LG optimus 4 is only £10 more than the N4 damn it it's only for a toy until I can decide which top end handset to get :(

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
i want mlb.tv back on the platform :(

no idea why they decided against doing it this year, could have just republished last year's app.

Did they officially announce that it won't come this year? This is totally baffling, but I'm guessing they didn't want to release a 7.5 app or bother with wp8 development. It seems we lost a few devs with the transition.

quaere

idk where you live but Htc one s or xperia P are reasonably cheap bow and have good hardware.
Xperia P battery life is really bad. And it's a bit on the laggy side. Not Gingerbread laggy, but not very smooth for an ICS/JB phone.

Android has great deals used. Here in the US you can pick up a great condition LG/Pantech/non mainline Samsung Galaxy for $150 that's just as fast as the Xperia P.

Nero3000

Hmm a sea of change or a strange anomaly?

The Verge has written an article about a WP App without mentioning once the lack of apps on windows phone:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/7/4308378/foursquare-windows-phone-8-now-available-microsoft-nokia said:
24 hours after Hulu Plus finally made its debut on Windows Phone 8, Microsoft's users have another reason to be excited: Foursquare just unveiled a brand new app for the platform. Designed from the ground up in close collaboration with Microsoft and Nokia, the latest iteration of Foursquare has been "tailored for the Metro UI" according to a blog post from the company. Design-wise, the app looks fairly slick and uncluttered— though we haven't yet taken a stroll around the city with it just yet. Foursquare says that in addition to resources contributed by Microsoft and Nokia, its own internal engineering and product teams played a significant role in building the app.

Interestingly, the partnership with Nokia is more than skin deep, with Foursquare for Windows Phone 8 optimized for the latest crop of Lumia hardware. "Some of the Lumia models even integrate Foursquare data into their augmented reality experience," the post reads, giving owners of supported handsets a nice bit of immersive (and exclusive) functionality. Or as Foursquare puts it, "it feels like you're in the future when you're finding cool places." Nokia is also keen on showcasing the collaboration. Moving forward, Foursquare will come pre-loaded on "some" Lumia-series Windows Phone 8 devices.

If you're still lagging behind with Windows Phone 7, fear not: Foursquare says an updated version of its WP7 app will ship in a few weeks and provide a "similar experience" to what Windows Phone 8 users are getting today.

ana

I just made a search in store and it gave the updated version..
Nokia version isn't updated yet.. Wasn't it supposed to have something extra

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I really like myTube, so probably won't use the official app much. Hopefully it will work on those days the api's get changed.

What do guys think Microsoft had to give Google to get them to let the app release?

We can reasonably expect an update to google search that adds Now after this right? Guys???

It's not developed by Google.

I know that. You remember the story of how MS said they had a YouTube app ready and waiting but google wouldn't let them release it? I'm wondering what went down so it could in the end.

The last part about google now was sarcasm. But hey! Maybe Microsoft could develop that too!

Edit: rip third party YouTube apps. This one by Ms has everything you'd want, including downloading videos for offline play.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have weird problems sending applications to my phone from the WindowsPhone.com website I always get: "You've almost finished...
Sorry, but we can't send this app to your phone at the moment. We are sending instructions on how to install the app to [my_email_address]."

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have weird problems sending applications to my phone from the WindowsPhone.com website I always get: "You've almost finished...
Sorry, but we can't send this app to your phone at the moment. We are sending instructions on how to install the app to [my_email_address]."

Find My Phone in the settings if probably off.

Also, with MS revealing these apps now, make me wonder if they have some surprises for the Nokia event next week?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Find My Phone in the settings if probably off.

Whoops forgot to mention I have made sure I have it on already. Finding and rining my phone from the site works just not sending apps.

Okay forget I said anything battery saver mode was on and I guess that was stopping it from working as after turning it off, works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom