• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

FUCK YOU SPRINT! I WANT A FUCKING 'WINDOW PHONE 8' DEVICE!

Only reason I'm with sprint is because of their Full 'Google Voice' integration!

...again FUCK YOU SPRINT!

the only reason I gave into Android was that the S3 was $50

hopefully when my contract is up there is a plethora of Windows phones

clav

every phone on contract should be free.

I wish

hopefully by then Nokia will be on Sprint.

I'm tempted to buy the 521 as a mother's day gift, but I don't think my mom is into smartphones. She still uses her flipphone (Nokia 6101) as a phone (i.e. make phone calls.)

ElNino

every phone on contract should be free.
I have gotten almost all of my phones free on contract. All of my BBs and my Lumia 900 were free, and the 920 would be free if I upgraded today (I'm waiting for the 14th to see if something better is coming). The only phone I've paid for upfront was the Focus that was $100, but I sold my BB to cover that anyways.

Meh, I think 920 looks much better.

Can't say I agree.

wGDJFQX.jpg

Looks pretty good, imo. Nice change from the old and stale design.

Yep, but mostly because I need one for development purposes--my beta is crashing on a lumia quite often when taking a picture so I've put off work on it until I can get another one to better diagnose what's happening.

Poor guy, has to get the brand you Nokia Lumia 928 for "development purposes".

frontieruk

I complained about this on the last page, but others disagreed and chased me away with their pitchforks.

Want me to get my flame torch out??? ;)

It was never a requirement, the accessories were never forth coming and everything is going wireless so its really not that big an issue.

maeh2k

A friend just told me that he bought a new and unlocked Lumia 920. Felt too bad for him to tell him about the 928.

I think I'd take a 920 over the 928. The small improvements are nice, but I like the design of the 920 more. This might be unfounded, but the 920 might be slightly more robust, too. On the 928 the glass in the front reaches all the way into the corners. Seems like a drop might be more likely to kill the glass.

I think I'd take a 920 over the 928. The small improvements are nice, but I like the design of the 920 more. This might be unfounded, but the 920 might be slightly more robust, too. On the 928 the glass in the front reaches all the way into the corners. Seems like a drop might be more likely to kill the glass.

He had an HTC Wildfire before, I'm sure he'll be happy either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom